[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

I am really sorry if this question was replied here earlier, but I haven't been able to find an answer to this:

Has a support for the new orientation sensor that some of the new blades are equipped with been added to the latest CM7 nightlies/recent stable release? Or are the poor blade owners with the new sensor still forced to live with another ROM (such as GSF, which is a really nice ROM, but misses some of the CM7 features)?

Finally, if there still is no support for the new sensor, could an owner of the blade with it help in some way in order to help CM7 devloppers adding a support for it?

Thanks for clearing this out!

Anyone knows if a wipe data is likely to be required going from p7 (sej's build of n179 was it?) to the 7.1.0 stable since there might have been some kernel updates since then?

Guest Daimaah

i've had to take my n220+ down, 35gb in under a day is taking the mickey :D

412 downloads plus 23 people who don't understand "no download managers".

if anyone else wants it, maybe someone can mirror it. md5sum: b4dcc98ce9bbc4da6d059c9036c116ce

Here's a direct link (no captchas or that kind of stuff) to the 220+: http://daimaah.net/mirror/update-cm-7.1.0-Blade-KANG-n220plus-signed.zip not sure about the speeds, but there's no transfer caps so it should be okeish at least :)

Guest targetbsp

Anyone knows if a wipe data is likely to be required going from p7 (sej's build of n179 was it?) to the 7.1.0 stable since there might have been some kernel updates since then?

Shouldn't do. I've only ever had to wipe once ever and that was going to gen2.

Hi,

Yesterday I changed my provider and move to a new one.

When I insert the new sim card I get every 2-3 sec that "The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpetedly. Please try again. Force close"

and the phone can't get singal.

I tried with last nightly and 7.1 stable with complete wipe.

If I change to flight mode, restart the device and switch off flight mod, the phone get singal with no error, but it's work only for short time and the error and

signal lose return.

When I tried with another rom (gsf b27) all work perfect.

I search if anyone else got this issue too and found that this is problem with one type of sim that my new provider supply (Cellcom - Israel).

I tried also another old sim from the new provider and work it find. when I asked to replace to the old one sim card type I been told that

they don't have this type anymore.

any suggestions?

Thank!

Guest Phil001

hi all,

Just trying CM7 for the first time, come from GSF.

Installed 7.1 stable, all seems ok.

Can anyone advise of the best way to set it up.

i.e, is it best to use another launcher (launcher pro?), any settings I should change for speed etc? and anything else?

Cheers

... and what does google apps contain? flashed it but have to install gmail, google maps etc seperately, is this normal?

Edited by Phil001

Guest snowbord

Google Voice Search appears broken - I am getting the market appearing when I try it, searching for pname:com.google.android.voicesearch with 'No results found'. Using CM7.1 final.

I do have it installed on the phone, hence am unsure why it is throwing up this error.

Google Market online gives 'This app is incompatible with all of your devices.'

Suggestions?

Edited by snowbord

Guest targetbsp

... and what does google apps contain? flashed it but have to install gmail, google maps etc seperately, is this normal?

The most important thing you'll notice it include as an end-user is the Market so you can get everything else. The rest is optional and downloaded separately.

You can open up the zip and look in apps to see what else it includes if interested. :)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest dorcssa

Well, I tried it, flashed my phone with the tpt method to gen2, and used the nightlies for about two weeks, and yeah it looks awesome and all, but my battery lasted about 10 to 13 hours (no matter which nightly I tried, or wiped cache, etc, the display drain kept on going). So I switched back to Swedish Spring rls5, because with that I could achieve 40-50 hours with moderate use (the record was 70 hours!), and at least 20 with heavy use (3g, wifi, lots of gaming, calling, surfing, etc), and it doesnt't seem to change with my phone being gen2, I'm at 20 hours and 52%. I hope CM gets better regarding battery use, because I really like the rom, but long battery time is a must for me.

Edited by dorcssa

Guest tsddave

Well, I tried it, flashed my phone with the tpt method to gen2, and used the nightlies for about two weeks, and yeah it looks awesome and all, but my battery lasted about 10 to 13 hours (no matter which nightly I tried, or wiped cache, etc, the display drain kept on going). So I switched back to Swedish Spring rls5, because with that I could achieve 40-50 hours with moderate use (the record was 70 hours!), and at least 20 with heavy use (3g, wifi, lots of gaming, calling, surfing, etc), and it doesnt't seem to change with my phone being gen2, I'm at 20 hours and 52%. I hope CM gets better regarding battery use, because I really like the rom, but long battery time is a must for me.

Somethings wrong there, I get nice battery life from cm7 now. I dont use 3g though and dont do lots of gaming.

Guest jesuita

Hi,

you will have to install s2e (simple2ext) or darktremor's apps2sd script (don't know which is better) and in Cyanogen settings you will have to choose "internal" as location where apps should be installed. Then reboot and the apps will be transfered to the sd-ext partition.

Link to s2e on the market: https://market.andro...d=ru.krikun.s2e

Hope it helps smile.gif

Wolfgang

Hello.

I installed Darktremor's script and it seems to be working correctly.

When you say to choose internal you really mean internal right? Kind confuses me :)

Thanks for the help ;)

Guest jesuita

Sej's rom working nice. No problems yet. I just love the softbuttons.

I see 7.1 gone stable...

Printscreen of the softbuttons please :)

And maybe Muiu battery likes? ;>

Guest Chris Banks

Hello.

I installed Darktremor's script and it seems to be working correctly.

When you say to choose internal you really mean internal right? Kind confuses me :)

Thanks for the help ;)

Yep, choose internal. The phone is 'tricked' into thinking the partitioned SD-card is internal pone memory. Where as the est of the SD card is still external.

Guest kokotron

What are Tethering choices in 7.1? I remember we only got USB tethering available the last time I checked the rom... I read about Bluetooth tethering in this version, but what matters to me is Wi-Fi. Do we get both USB and Wi-Fi tethering available in this version?

Guest Phil001

What are Tethering choices in 7.1? I remember we only got USB tethering available the last time I checked the rom... I read about Bluetooth tethering in this version, but what matters to me is Wi-Fi. Do we get both USB and Wi-Fi tethering available in this version?

Wi-Fi & USB options, no Bluetooth. (on mine anyway!)

Wi-Fi & USB options, no Bluetooth. (on mine anyway!)

There's no option for bluetooth, its just there. Pair the phone with a PC and you'll see the service pop up. A notification is shown on the phone when it's in use.

As far as I know USB and wifi work.

I am really sorry if this question was replied here earlier, but I haven't been able to find an answer to this:

Has a support for the new orientation sensor that some of the new blades are equipped with been added to the latest CM7 nightlies/recent stable release? Or are the poor blade owners with the new sensor still forced to live with another ROM (such as GSF, which is a really nice ROM, but misses some of the CM7 features)?

Finally, if there still is no support for the new sensor, could an owner of the blade with it help in some way in order to help CM7 devloppers adding a support for it?

Thanks for clearing this out!

Support for the new sensor was added a couple of months ago (unless there's another new one that I don't know about).

Issue 4177

Guest downloader50

Installed 7.1 after a full wipe etc moved from GSF B26. I can't get the proximity sensor to work tried to calibrate it in the zte blade settings app but doesn't work. Anyone else having problems? Other than this issue all seems good.

Installed 7.1 after a full wipe etc moved from GSF B26. I can't get the proximity sensor to work tried to calibrate it in the zte blade settings app but doesn't work. Anyone else having problems? Other than this issue all seems good.

Don't put anything near the sensor when calibrating.