[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Any mirror sites for 7.1.0 Blade?

Several. They are all struggling.

AFAIK http://download.cyanogenmod.com redirects to mirrors, but you could try http://goo-inside.me/cm/blade/stable

I flashed Google Voice Search separately from here;

It seems to have installed alright now.. not sure what the problem was flashing the entire apps package. Not good, whatever it was.

If you install the normal CM7 gapps package it does not actually flash all gapps. It only installs Market and a helper app which prompts to download the other apps from the market. If the new market is causing the same problems for others that it is for me that could explain the issue.

Edited by Tom G

Guest indaloman

So I took the jump to CM 7.1.0 from GSF...not bad so far :)

Bit slow to load the Gallery tho....

So....i see theres a theme manager in the rom, Anyone know a decent thread or site for them please. Thanks :)

Try QuickPic from the market, its much better than Gallery.

Guest jimwormold

tbh I back up my rom and did the same for my apps so it hasnt took long at all tbf to put everything back on, used Titanium back up.

it loaded it pretty quick after i rebooted it, I think GSF was good but i think it might have run its course for me with the thread getting blocked everything other day.dry.gif

never really tried CM7 in any great length before but with 7.1.0 out i might as well give it a go, I'd say go the same :)

at least until ICS comes out ;)

Thanks for getting back to me. I also use TB, but have sometimes found it to be slightly unreliable.

1. Do you use the system migrate function in TB?

2. Do you restore apps and data or wait for Android to download the apps before restoring the data?

How is the battery life looking? That, combined with some random reboots made me leave CM for GSF, although that was some time ago (around CM nightly build 160 or so). I really liked it though and would like to return. I'm just trying to get an idea of how long it will take me to get everything up and running again!

Thanks,

Jim

Guest targetbsp

I used lower lights on CM than on SS, so I don't think that's the cause. My bf says it's because the zte is not fit for this higher performance required for gingerbread.

Actually, I think the opposite is true. Every release of Android seems better optimised than the last. So newer Androids seem to have more benefit for lower end phones to me!

There were people to answer, simply went back to ask why no one had answered. Sorryand thanks ...

Not everyone visiting within 20 minutes will know the answer to everything there is to know about CM7. :D You need to wait until someone visits who knows the answer to your question. Not merely until someone visits.

Thanks for getting back to me. I also use TB, but have sometimes found it to be slightly unreliable.

2. Do you restore apps and data or wait for Android to download the apps before restoring the data?

How is the battery life looking? That, combined with some random reboots made me leave CM for GSF, although that was some time ago (around CM nightly build 160 or so). I really liked it though and would like to return. I'm just trying to get an idea of how long it will take me to get everything up and running again!

Thanks,

Jim

The Pro version is more reliable than the free version. It uses an alternative method of doing everything that it says is faster. But more importantly it's far more stable.You shouldn't attempt to restore anything system related. Just restore user apps and their data.Battery life is fine for me. No reboots in ages. Even the GPS reboot is fixed! :)

Found out something awesome in N220(Sej's patch)! The battery can be shown as a 'separate' progression status bar above the original status bar one(it takes only one pixel). I thought this was only in Miui. Awesome! I don't know which builds support it tho.

Details here:

Edited by targetbsp

Guest jimwormold

Actually, I think the opposite is true. Every release of Android seems better optimised than the last. So newer Androids seem to have more benefit for lower end phones to me!

Not everyone visiting within 20 minutes will know the answer to everything there is to know about CM7. :D You need to wait until someone visits who knows the answer to your question. Not merely until someone visits.

The Pro version is more reliable than the free version. It uses an alternative method of doing everything that it says is faster. But more importantly it's far more stable.You shouldn't attempt to restore anything system related. Just restore user apps and their data.Battery life is fine for me. No reboots in ages. Even the GPS reboot is fixed! :)

Details here: http://android.modac...ost__p__1820317

Thanks for that - I have the Pro version.

I'm going for CM7.1.0. Fingers and toes crossed!

Just one more thing: would you recommend the "Stable" 7.1.0 or last night's nightly build?

Edited by jimwormold

Guest downloader50

Suppose i could learn hot to make a new gps icon in ktchen but was hoping someone already had a new GPS icon

Edited by downloader50

Guest snowbord

Several. They are all struggling.

AFAIK http://download.cyanogenmod.com redirects to mirrors, but you could try http://goo-inside.me/cm/blade/stable

If you install the normal CM7 gapps package it does not actually flash all gapps. It only installs Market and a helper app which prompts to download the other apps from the market. If the new market is causing the same problems for others that it is for me that could explain the issue.

That would explain it. Sounds like the helper app is not working well with the new Market. CM7 then is not to blame, but rather the new market conflicting with the CM7 google apps helper app. Solution - use old market by forcing it, or flash each app manually from the link provided. No biggie, but a bit of a hassle.

Do correct me if you are successfully flashing the full app package as I could not get it to work here.

http://android.modac...pps-2011-08-15/

CM7.1 is now the best ROM for the blade! Loving the extra tweaks & looking forward to the 'blade settings' menu, as well as the LED notifications in the upcoming nightlies. :)

Edited by snowbord

Guest FrankieADZ

Thanks,

Jim

ive found TB to be ok with me so far *touchwood* i cant remember what i used now. i dont use the restore app thing with Google as it sucks away my credit, i restore the apps

using the new 7.1.0 stable version....battery life seems to be good so far with fair to heavy use....but ive not really had it too long, the real test will be to see how it hold up over the next few days and nights :)

if u have ROM manager I'd say back up ur rom u have now(GSF) then try out CM, thats what Im doing...always worth a go and if it goes belly up u can just restore ur rom u have now.

Guest Carbonize

I just did a full wipe and reset then installed 7.1 using update-cm-7.1.0-Blade-signed.zip but cannot make calls. It goes to the dialler screen but then ends the call straight away. Anyone else getting this or is it just me and if so does anyone have any ideas before I do a full wipe again.

Guest ididmytime

So far using Sej's 220+ the phone is running brilliantly. I also noticed a big bump in terms of graphical performance going from n118 odd to this, in Quadrant, the planet graphic benchmark runs at 60fps, compared to 45fps. The DNA helix use to run around 7fps, but now at 14fps.

Wifi stays connected in sleep in low power mode with correct wifi policy, without the need for an active SIP account, so overall extremely pleased. Nobody should really bother making another rom, as it simply can't touch what this rom has done. Even if ZTE released 3.0, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot barge pole. I have waited months for a rom that does everything, and I'm pleased to say it's here.

The only bug I have encoutered is LED notification is not working with Facebook, it will alert you still via audio, but no LED will show. I have thrown everything at it, in terms of Whatsapp, Yahoo, MSN ect, and this is the only program it's not working for. Due to how terrible FB is on Android, It could very well be the app itself.

Edit: Forgot to mention, love the option to turn off vibration when someone answers a call.

Edited by ididmytime

sorry is there a TPT of 7.1 for those coming from a gen1 phone (mine running JJ but whatever) thanks!

i've been away for a bit and JJ is starting to **** me off with its wifi issues and such. and i'm out of space. CM may be worth a go now.

i'm presuming there's no way to go back to my old ROM if things don't work out (without doing something complicated like flashing back to gen1 and then restoring the old rom backup?)

edit: thanks ididmytime, i guess its a or 2 or 3 step process, i'll set aside a few hours later and try not to brick my beloved 10-month old OSF.

there a list of remaining issues in Sej's 220+ ? if anything major still i'd rather wait.

Edited by Smiff2

Guest Carbonize

My previously posted issue is more bizarre than originally thought and possibly not CM related.

I do have one issue with CM though and that is the equaliser in Cloud Skipper wont work as it says it is already in use. Any ideas on that one?

Guest ididmytime

What do you mean 'before'? :D

Someone is bound to ask, as the first post on this topic seems to be broken.

sorry is there a TPT of 7.1 for those coming from a gen1 phone (mine running JJ but whatever) thanks!

i've been away for a bit and JJ is starting to **** me off with its wifi issues and such. and i'm out of space. CM may be worth a go now.

i'm presuming there's no way to go back to my old ROM if things don't work out (without doing something complicated like flashing back to gen1 and then restoring the old rom backup?)

TPT'ing to Gen2 is pretty easy without an all in one with a rom.

I'd also recommened Sej's 220+ over the 7.1. Due to the community here, it's not uncommon to have a nightly more 'ahead' then a final. Although we do need people running 7.1 to report bugs, if you encouter one and wish to report it, you can always try to reproduce it on 7.1.

Guest Kamikaze.

Ummh, could somebody explain me, what does the led notifications do? I tried them out, but they didnt work as I supposed... Sorry for this 'noobish' question :)

Edited by Kamikaze.

Installed 7.1 after a full wipe etc moved from GSF B26. I can't get the proximity sensor to work tried to calibrate it in the zte blade settings app but doesn't work. Anyone else having problems? Other than this issue all seems good.

Doesn't work for me at all. I have an old gen-1 with oled.