[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Skype is working fine for me on 220+, dialing/ringing is on loudspeaker, as soon as it's answered however it switches.

thanks for the reply. is there anything i could have done wrong? or does 220+ fix a "bug" that is still present in 7.1? sej does the plus-versions, right? maybe he knows?

Guest snowbord

Does anyone know where I can find more themes for CyanogenMod?

This is answered a few pages previously. Look for CM7 themes in Market and XDA decelopers. afaik. T-mobile themes are compatible.

I quote;

You can find themes in market by the search word 'cm7 themes'

And same words for searching on XDA forum will give you plenty of results.

Only themes compatible to tmobile theme engine can be applied via theme chooser.

Here is a nice juicy list;

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1167075

Guest The_Duck

I flashed Google Voice Search separately from here;

http://android.modac...pps-2011-08-15/

It seems to have installed alright now.. not sure what the problem was flashing the entire apps package. Not good, whatever it was. Turns out Youtube also failed to install so a separate install fixed this also!

I am convinced the issue is that Clockwork parses the zip file alphabetically and if you have a very full partition .. ie 134/138 MB partition size, the last few .apk's don't make it. Look at the names... Market=vending.apk, Voice Search=voicesearch.apk You Tube =youtube.apk etc.

I know that it may be a generalisation, but I had many issues with apps not installing on the phone after I flashed the gapps package. I moved to a 160 MB partition using wbaw's TPT image and have had no issues since.

Before I did the TPT flash tho I did confirm using DF in terminal that my /system was 100% full.

Maybe use df to check your file system usage and consider going to a 160MB partition if you are short on space.

Duck

Guest AdrianoPL

Have you tried "CyanogenMod settings>Sound>Always play on speaker" checked ???

Yeah, it is checked.

According to Tom's reply above, it should be fixed in 7.1 (I am no 220+ now, will try 7.1 tommorow).

Guest downloader50

Still looking for a better GPS notification bar icon ideally I would like the centre to go green when connected. I have seen this mod for GSF has anyone seen it for CM7.1?

Thanks

Edited by downloader50

Guest Psyloid

There is a strange static coming from my speaker at random times (it lasts for a sec, sometimes two) when i am using the phone (it doesn't happen when it is idle) If I am typing text at the moment it happens, the phone hangs for a few seconds, untill the static stops.

It started occuring after i upgraded to N213, Yesterday I updated to N220sej, did not fix it ...

Anyone else having this??

Guest downloader50

There is a strange static coming from my speaker at random times (it lasts for a sec, sometimes two) when i am using the phone (it doesn't happen when it is idle) If I am typing text at the moment it happens, the phone hangs for a few seconds, untill the static stops.

It started occuring after i upgraded to N213, Yesterday I updated to N220sej, did not fix it ...

No problems with static on my speaker

Guest oldfella

Still looking for a better GPS notification bar icon ideally I would like the centre to go green when connected. I have seen this mod for GSF has anyone seen it for CM7.1?

Thanks

------------

here are the icons, you need

in framework-res.apk /res/drawable-hdpi/stat_sys_gps_on.png

in SystemUI.apk /res/drawable-hdpi/stat_sys_gps_acquiring.png

I use the kitchen to generate the flash zip

post-789486-0-88896400-1318317070_thumb.

post-789486-0-59780000-1318317081_thumb.

Edited by oldfella

Guest sej7278

thanks for the reply. is there anything i could have done wrong? or does 220+ fix a "bug" that is still present in 7.1? sej does the plus-versions, right? maybe he knows?

my 220+ does not include the audio routing fix that is in 7.1

so are you saying 7.1 works properly or 220+ ?

Guest jimwormold

ive found TB to be ok with me so far *touchwood* i cant remember what i used now. i dont use the restore app thing with Google as it sucks away my credit, i restore the apps

using the new 7.1.0 stable version....battery life seems to be good so far with fair to heavy use....but ive not really had it too long, the real test will be to see how it hold up over the next few days and nights :)

if u have ROM manager I'd say back up ur rom u have now(GSF) then try out CM, thats what Im doing...always worth a go and if it goes belly up u can just restore ur rom u have now.

Well I did it - nandroid backup of GSF27, wipe data, cache, dalvik cache and factory reset, and then installed CM7.1.0. All good!

Ran TBPro selected all user apps, ran batch job. All good!

Rebooted - all bad! Everything froze and screen went black and I had to remove and replace the battery for it all to freeze up again.

So I re-wiped and reinstalled, and this time installed my apps from TBPro in batches with a reboot inbetween, and everything is hunkey-dorey! Wonderful to have that power widget back again!

I think it may have been either droidwall or lookout which caused everything to hang when I tried the big bang approach as everything ground to halt immediately after I installed them individually, but I'm really not sure.

Looks very good so far. Thanks to everyone for your help and advice.

Jim

Guest jesuita

Where do we change localization (i.e Portugal) in this rom? Not the language, just localization.. because my contacts are showing up like this: 111-222-333 instead of 111222333.

Not a huge problem but still... :P

Guest qwerty_29

No problems with static on my speaker

I have that as well. Got it when I upgraded to 210. Did not upgrade since then.

It happens whenever the phone finishes using any soundish ability. Per example, whenever I finish a call (it doesn't matter if I use the speaker to make the call - i.e., hands free -, or if I make a "regular" call) , that static starts. The same for any sound reproduced by the cellphone (ringtones, music, calls, everything....). I did not notice any simultaneous lagging, though.

Ever since I first installed CM7, I have noticed that the sound quality of the speaker has dropped down a bit. Per example the default Notification ringtone is not as "clear" as I think it should be. Minor issue, but has anyone else noticed this? (I wonder if this has something to do with the static that is present now)

BTW, is it just me (N210), or are all of us (CM7 users :D) unable to take zoomed in pictures?

Thanks all!

Edited by qwerty_29

Guest snowbord

I am convinced the issue is that Clockwork parses the zip file alphabetically and if you have a very full partition .. ie 134/138 MB partition size, the last few .apk's don't make it. Look at the names... Market=vending.apk, Voice Search=voicesearch.apk You Tube =youtube.apk etc.

I know that it may be a generalisation, but I had many issues with apps not installing on the phone after I flashed the gapps package. I moved to a 160 MB partition using wbaw's TPT image and have had no issues since.

Before I did the TPT flash tho I did confirm using DF in terminal that my /system was 100% full.

Maybe use df to check your file system usage and consider going to a 160MB partition if you are short on space.

Duck

I was thinking the same, but the thing is I AM on a 160mb partition.. wbaw's 7 or 7a partition layout, I forget which was 160mb.

my 220+ does not include the audio routing fix that is in 7.1

so are you saying 7.1 works properly or 220+ ?

I am running 7.1 and skype is *not* routing the audio to the earpiece properly. (clean install, everything wiped)

user ididmytime apparently is using 220+ and his audio is routing properly.

that's weird. so basically not including a fix is fixing it?

Guest geegeethatsme

BTW, is it just me (N210), or are all of us (CM7 users :D) unable to take zoomed in pictures?

Thanks all!

You can take zoomed in pics (or at least I can) but I have had to sacrifice picture quality by opting for less than 3M pixels in Camera Settings. Zoom works fine at 1M and 2M pixels - certainly good enough for simple snaps which is all I'd use a camera phone for anyhoo.

This is on an original OLED Gen1 SF (just past its first birthday!), 3.2M pixel camera, TPT'd to Gen 2 and currently running sej's 220+ - but it was also working on earlier Nightlies.

Guest sej7278

I am running 7.1 and skype is *not* routing the audio to the earpiece properly. (clean install, everything wiped)

not the first time the skype audio routing fix hasn't worked, remember the fun we had with libaudio.so back around n104 ? :D

Its not weird. Skype have a history of writing their app badly. They have probably used the wrong routing strategy (which coincidentally was broken and routed incorrectly on blade until a few days ago).

Guest ididmytime

I can assure you Skype is 100% working for me on 220+

As I have said, ringing/dialing is still on loudspeaker for some reason, but when answered it switches to earpiece. I am using the latest version of Skype, which may had a partial fix for the issue, broke the fix for CM 7.1, or it may be due to the settings (highly doubt it though).

Update to 220+ and do a test call, if it's not working let us know, and I wil dig deeper into my settings.

Edited by ididmytime