[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

I have the exact same issue at my university. Also peap and mschapv2. It just says "connecting" and then "disconnected". I can usually fix the problem by forgetting settings for the network and reentering them. But today I can't even reconnect...

PITA

I never considered it to be a problem with the phone itself. A lot of people have troubles connecting to our eduroam network, but I can't recall having this issue before upgrading to CM7 ( I had been using GSF)

my wifi is also acting up. i'm using simple wpa2 pre-shared key environment at home. right after flashing everything worked fine for a day or so. but then, suddenly, the other day i couldn't connect at all anymore. re-entering the connection-details won't work. wifi just keeps enabling/disabling itself all the time. i'm pretty clueless on this one.

seems like I have to move back to GSF again :( [because battery life with enabled 3g also seems considerately worse compared to GSF]

Hi, I had the same problem of jerky scrolling in the appdraw with Go Launcher EX. I changed the App Drawer background to transparentand it is much faster and smoother now.

thank you. i missed that option. does seem a bit better. not exactly iphone smooth though! running it tighter e.g. 5x5 maybe helps a bit as less scrolling needed?

also, not using a live wallpaper.. but i like Go Weather heh.

strangely if you run live wallpaper, even if you set a plain background for the app drawer, it's still slow. odd, must be some un-optimal coding in there. most likely not CM issues in any way?

TL:DR Live wallpapers make Go Launcher Ex run like poo on the Blade ?

CM itself seems great i cant really find any fault with it (220+, the first build i tried)

- battery life (after calibrating) great

- wifi reconnecting great

- performance in general (network, games - just tried Abirds) great

- proxo sensor maybe a bit iffy even after calibrating? not sure

other than that really can't find anything wrong with 220+ after a couple of days. almost every option that previously needed some mod, is built in! great work. what this does to a ~£100 phone is phenomenal.

Edited by Smiff2

Guest The_Duck

Are you using a theme that on the SD card? I fell for that one.

Also what version of CM7 are you running?

Hmmm, tried changing theme back to System and I get the same result.

I am running on Nightly 222.

Any other thoughts ?

Duck

Guest Cyclothunder

Does anyone here have the same problem: Wifi keeps turning off when screen is off after i set it up to never in wifi settings policy?

Can anyone confirm this pls?

Thanks.

Guest reluctant_traveller

make rum with double saund as GSF beta 20

Let me translate.

'Could you implement the Dolby sound feature that was present in the GSF Beta 20?'

Guest FrankieADZ

I find that Wifi is kinda slower when turning on compared to GSF....but meh

Getting really good battery life too....unless im using twitter and other heavy usage apps. :)

sej you should upload it to multiupload in the first place instead of people hammering your server ;)

THINKS: If Mr Modaco would allow premium/ad-free users to download large uploads from Modaco, he would have more premium users.

Guest Per Åkesson

GO Contacts EX. Win!

Sorry everybody if I caused confusion by not being clear in my first post. It is same problem there. The tab "contacts" lists all my 1000 google contacts.

Compare with stock ZTE dialer on e.g. GSF b22. Under Settings, I go to Display options, and click on my google acount. this opens a row of checkboxes. I only check "My contacts" and "Starred in Android". As a result, the phone lists only about 200 contacts under tab "Contacts", and groups are visible under the Groups tab. Thus so far nothing beats stock ZTE dialer for my needs.

As far as I remember, the stock dialer of my old HTC Tattoo, works same way. Thus I'm used to the Groups function in the contacts app. Before that, I used a Palm handheld for 10 full years 2000-2010, where the 16 contact groups are a basic feature. :rolleyes:

Guest sej7278

THINKS: If Mr Modaco would allow premium/ad-free users to download large uploads from Modaco, he would have more premium users.

at 90mb a pop i doubt that's an option, it would make the forum crawl. i was eating 35gb in under a day at one point, which was pushing my 1000gb/month limit a bit - blocking download managers helped reduce the cpu load at least.

but i hate upload sites so much as they break standard http, with all that advertising and javascript crap, plus they're all a bit dodgy/warezy aren't they. and the control freak in me likes to be able to monitor/guarantee my builds.

Guest Per Åkesson

Apologies if I'm being dim, but how is this different from selecting "my contacts" from "choose contacts to display" within display options in the standard CM contacts screen?

Sorry if I caused confusion by not being clear in my first post.

Compare with stock ZTE dialer on e.g. GSF b22. Under Settings, I go to Display options, and click on my google acount. this opens a row of checkboxes. I only check "My contacts" and "Starred in Android". As a result, the phone lists only about 200 contacts under tab "Contacts", and groups are visible under the Groups tab. Thus so far nothing beats stock ZTE dialer for my needs.

I tried 5 or 6 replacement apps, bu none does the trick for me.

As far as I remember, the stock dialer of my old HTC Tattoo, works same way. Thus I'm used to the Groups function in the contacts app. Before that, I used a Palm handheld for 10 full years 2000-2010, where the 16 contact groups are a basic feature. :rolleyes:

Guest sej7278

I want to try CM, what would by your/best choice, Sejs 220 or latest Nightly 224? Thanks.

try out 7.1 stable as that's the only one we can raise bug reports against. if you get no bugs for a few days, move onto the nightlies. my 220+ is getting old now.

Guest popoyaya

try out 7.1 stable as that's the only one we can raise bug reports against. if you get no bugs for a few days, move onto the nightlies. my 220+ is getting old now.

Ah, but we remember it so fondly. biggrin.gif

Just to let the CM crew know in case anyone missed it.

WE HAVE A WORKING FLASH PLAYER NOW!

And it does work,I have been using it,a little choppy playing youtube in browser,but works none the less

This is not the one thats old news,its a new one,try it

Edited by Guest

Guest targetbsp

Does anyone here have the same problem: Wifi keeps turning off when screen is off after i set it up to never in wifi settings policy?

What version? It should stay connected in N206 onwards providing you have no power saving apps turning it off. Before N206 it did disconnect itself.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest steeperton

Sorry if I caused confusion by not being clear in my first post.

I tried 5 or 6 replacement apps, bu none does the trick for me.

That's what I'm on about> Here's a screenshot from my phone, using the stock CM7 contacts app

post-809052-0-56410700-1318584311_thumb.

Guest jimwormold

thank you. i missed that option. does seem a bit better. not exactly iphone smooth though! running it tighter e.g. 5x5 maybe helps a bit as less scrolling needed?

also, not using a live wallpaper.. but i like Go Weather heh.

strangely if you run live wallpaper, even if you set a plain background for the app drawer, it's still slow. odd, must be some un-optimal coding in there. most likely not CM issues in any way?

TL:DR Live wallpapers make Go Launcher Ex run like poo on the Blade ?

CM itself seems great i cant really find any fault with it (220+, the first build i tried)

- battery life (after calibrating) great

- wifi reconnecting great

- performance in general (network, games - just tried Abirds) great

- proxo sensor maybe a bit iffy even after calibrating? not sure

other than that really can't find anything wrong with 220+ after a couple of days. almost every option that previously needed some mod, is built in! great work. what this does to a ~£100 phone is phenomenal.

Have you switched High Quality Drawing off in G-L-Ex settings -> Advanced? It doesn't seem to make a huge difference to mine if I switch it on, but it is slightly less smooth. I do have mine set to 5x5 but switching to 4x4 didn't affect the scrolling. I would agree that initially it's not iPhone smooth, but once I've scrolled through once, it's pretty much faultless. My CPU is at 710.

Anyone able to confirm that Bluetooth and wifi coexistence bug is now fixed? Bluetooth audio (mp3) skips if Bluetooth enabled after wifi.

Its better, but still has issues. Apparently all of the ZTE roms also have the problems that still exist, so its not really a CM7 bug and I'm not sure we will be able to get it any better.

Let me translate.

'Could you implement the Dolby sound feature that was present in the GSF Beta 20?'

From what I understand of the Dolby sound option on some devices (didn't know blade had it) its just some equaliser presets (and not a very good ones, usually adds unacceptable levels of distortion). Take a look at DSP manager in CM7, it will give you plenty of options.

at 90mb a pop i doubt that's an option, it would make the forum crawl. i was eating 35gb in under a day at one point, which was pushing my 1000gb/month limit a bit - blocking download managers helped reduce the cpu load at least.

but i hate upload sites so much as they break standard http, with all that advertising and javascript crap, plus they're all a bit dodgy/warezy aren't they. and the control freak in me likes to be able to monitor/guarantee my builds.

You can mirror some stuff on one of my servers if you need to.

Guest t0mm13b

Just to let the CM crew know in case anyone missed it.

WE HAVE A WORKING FLASH PLAYER NOW!

And it does work,I have been using it,a little choppy playing youtube in browser,but works none the less

This is not the one thats old news,its a new one,try it

uhmmm

Youtube app on the market place does that for you, so why would you want to use the browser....

Sounds pedantic but, the youtube player handles it well. :)

Guest Per Åkesson

That's what I'm on about> Here's a screenshot from my phone, using the stock CM7 contacts app

Almost same as my setting, I also checked "Starred in Android". On my GSF b22, this gives desired result (only displaying the ca 200 "My contacts") in stock ZTE dialer, but not in any of the other replacement apps. That is why I cling on to stock ZTE dialer. Strange. But I realise it's time for me to tryout CM 7.1 for myself, instead of wasting the attention of Modaco. :rolleyes:

Edited by Per Åkesson

uhmmm

Youtube app on the market place does that for you, so why would you want to use the browser....

Sounds pedantic but, the youtube player handles it well. :)

Yes youtube app work fine,but it cant play bbci player.

And really its just another little hack to play with.lol