[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest IPB_Refugee

Is there anymore major disadvantages in this rom? I used this about 7 months ago, and I had lot of problems, calls just ended themselves, I was not able to call, gps shut down the phone etc. etc.

CyanogenMod for our Blades has come a really long way since the early days of unstableness.

I switched to CM 7.1.0 stable when it was released and this is the best ROM I ever used.

I didn't recognize any major disadvantage, just a few small ones:

- CM7 might not be the best ROM for battery life. (Believe it or not, but in my experience the best ROM for battery was Orange's Stock 2.1). But even with heavy usage I get at least 24 hours. So it's definitely not that bad.

- I'm not completely sure but I think the camera's pictures are always without zoom. (You see the zoom on the display but not on the saved picture anymore.)

- Under certain circumstances the icon for acquiring GPS doesn't disappear when you don't get a GPS fix and press the back button to stop the app which tries to get the fix. But this doesn't happen always. I will have to do some more tests before I can file a bug report.

I think CM 7.1.0 stable is perfectly ready for everyday's usage.

Kind regards

Wolfgang

Guest rockstarszzzz

Hi..

I installed the CM 7.1 n 227 and hi have problems with the auto bright...

does any one also have this problem?

Try calibrating it. Some blades don't get it corrected automatically.

Or just try to cover the sensor with your thumb once and it will manage it.

Guest mr_mufy

Try calibrating it. Some blades don't get it corrected automatically.

Or just try to cover the sensor with your thumb once and it will manage it.

Hi,

How can I do the calibration?

I already try but i can't...

I may be doing some bad...

Guest PhenomHTX

im using 226, cuz on 277 i have problem with booting(freeze on android logo), Autobright, Wifi auto turn on after 1min when i turn it off and much more. On 226 i doesnt have those problems..

Hey all

I'm currently running n227 & all's great!

No issues to report, just wondered if the MIUI battery gauge that was in sej's build will be in the next nightly?

here you go just edit the updater-script using notepad++ (dont use microsoft's notepad app as it messes it up) and add the system apks you dont want and put the apks you do want in the system/app folder

Great idea Richard_Arkless! Just had a quick look inside & wondered where the instruction to remove the selected apps lies?

Cheers, Paul

Guest sej7278

I think Blade will be able to run ICS...

As seen from this video where a N1 is running ICS SDK Port.

SOURCE

yes, as the 1ghz snapdragon nexus one (google's own phone!) is so similar to the 600mhz arm6 blade made by some dodgy chinese outfit lol!

looking at the video it seems the touchscreen doesn't work, neither does wifi lol! oh yeah, i can run macosx on my blade, its just that nothing works, but hey it kind of boots the kernel :P

Edited by sej7278

Hi,

How can I do the calibration?

I already try but i can't...

I may be doing some bad...

There's no such thing as calibrating the light sensor. Goto CM Settings > Display > Automatic backlight and tick "Allow light decrease". This is also said in the post targetbsp posted, I'd test those values too if the defaults are not pleasing.

yes, as the 1ghz snapdragon nexus one (google's own phone!) is so similar to the 600mhz arm6 blade made by some dodgy chinese outfit lol!

looking at the video it seems the touchscreen doesn't work, neither does wifi lol! oh yeah, i can run macosx on my blade, its just that nothing works, but hey it kind of boots the kernel :P

You're such a party-pooper :D

Hey all

No issues to report, just wondered if the MIUI battery gauge that was in sej's build will be in the next nightly?

Great idea Richard_Arkless! Just had a quick look inside & wondered where the instruction to remove the selected apps lies?

Cheers, Paul

The miui battery bar has gotten some controversial response, so I think we'll have to wait a bit longer. Personally I see no reason for it not to get merged. I just love the way it fits into the minimalistic look of my phone and the fact that it frees up another slot in the statusbar. Yeah, it's a "miui thing", but still, it's functional and useful so why not include it? It's like saying desktop icons are not for windows ;)

..well not quite :)

Guest Rhazi3l

Quick question, kinda off topic...

I normally compile my own roms, but i wanted to try and download some unmerged changes and add them to the rom.

So the question is, how can i download them from review.cyanogenmod.com.

Tried "git fetch http://review.cyanogenmod.com/p/CyanogenMod/android_device_zte_blade refs/changes/46/8646/1 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD" but i always get "fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git"

What am i doing wrong?

Thx in advance

is there a light sensor on the blade? where is it situated?

Top left of the screen - look closely and you can just make out two circles.

Edited by nrev

I just love the way it fits into the minimalistic look of my phone and the fact that it frees up another slot in the statusbar. Yeah, it's a "miui thing", but still, it's functional and useful so why not include it? It's like saying desktop icons are not for windows ;)

..well not quite :)

Agreed, I thought it was really cool :)

Cheers, Paul

Quick question, kinda off topic...

I normally compile my own roms, but i wanted to try and download some unmerged changes and add them to the rom.

So the question is, how can i download them from review.cyanogenmod.com.

Tried "git fetch http://review.cyanogenmod.com/p/CyanogenMod/android_device_zte_blade refs/changes/46/8646/1 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD" but i always get "fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git"

What am i doing wrong?

Thx in advance

Cd into the directory the patch belongs to, in this case device/zte/blade and do it again. I'd create another branch for whatever tests you want to make. This is to make sure your original tree stays clean. But that's up to you.

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hey all

Cheers, Paul

If you go to meta-inf/com/google/android/ you will find an updater-script file, open that with notepad++ and put your list of apps you dont want there

to do that just copy the "delete system:app/Input_unused_app_here.apk" ,paste and change for each apk you dont want, e.g.

delete system:app/livewallpapers.apk

delete system:app/adwlauncher.apk

and then you put the custom apk's you do want into system/app (and also delete the useless file in there)

now just flash that after flashing cyanogenmod and gapps

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest Rhazi3l

Cd into the directory the patch belongs to, in this case device/zte/blade and do it again. I'd create another branch for whatever tests you want to make. This is to make sure your original tree stays clean. But that's up to you.

Yup, that was exactly what was missing!

Thx a lot, compiling as we speak =)

If you go to meta-inf/com/google/android/ you will find an updater-script file, open that with notepad++ and put your list of apps you dont want there

to do that just copy the "delete system:app/Input_unused_app_here.apk" ,paste and change for each apk you dont want, e.g.

delete system:app/livewallpapers.apk

delete system:app/adwlauncher.apk

and then you put the custom apk's you do want into system/app (and also delete the useless file in there)

now just flash that after flashing cyanogenmod and gapps

Sounds good, thanks for the explanation.

Cheers, Paul

Guest LoboMau

Hi there,

I'm a regular downloader of your roms, and have never had a problem, till now... till 7.2.0

I've read in this post, that it could happen a screen blackout during chargement. Never hapenned to me during charging. But it's happening, when for instance i try to awake my droid from sleep. Example, i'm doing a regular use of my droid, and i block the screen. so far so good, normal. but when i press the power button on my blade, to light up the screen, the screen just stays black, as the home, menu, and back lights. Solution? Remove and put back the battery.

One detail, i know that the phone is alive, because i have the handcent light notification, and the back button, flashes, when i have a unread sms

Can you help me to solve this problem?

Hoping to hear from you people.