[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest juniperz

Since you have wiped battery stats, you can't count on your first cycle. Let the whole battery drain till you go down to 0% and the phone switches off. Then charge your phone continuous till it reaches 100%. Leave it for another hour or so on charge after reaching 100%.

Then try and see how it works. Hopefully you won't have that battery stats. It's because right now your phone has no clue of what number to associate with actual mVs of battery available. So it's very random reading.

OK, thanks - will try that (though not sure how that will pan out, being at work tomorrow!)

You need to re-setup the buttons in CM settings because of the way they're configured now.

I went to the configuration, removed the button, and added them again later, I also disabled and enabled the notification widgetbut the problem continued.

What do I have to do?

Guest rockstarszzzz

OK, thanks - will try that (though not sure how that will pan out, being at work tomorrow!)

You could drain your battery by few hours of 'maps on' + you tube browsing + games. Then leave it overnight to charge. Then you are good to go :)

Guest rockstarszzzz

looks like a wp inspired app launcher

Looks very much like it. But it's nice big letters that categorise apps probably and that will be very fresh approach! :)

Guest hugobosslives

O really ? You dont say ;).

I wasn't taking the p!ss outa you. i was being serious.

Ages ago (when we had all the battery drain problems) around (n100ish-can remember) i had a rouge app constantly try to download stuff. It nuked my battery to flat in 7hours (standby). after freezing it, it would last 10 days on standby (as it does now)

I went to the configuration, removed the button, and added them again later, I also disabled and enabled the notification widgetbut the problem continued.

What do I have to do?

the sound widget has been changed. if you go to the bottem of that settings page you will see the sound modes option has been completly revamped (the bit where you change which modes to cycle through) you have re-choose which modes you want

EDIT: also does anyone have the multiquote function on modaco working? i've been quoting quite a bit today and could do with being able to use it instead of tabing quotes.

Edited by hugobosslives

What do I have to do?

CM settings > Interface > Notification power widget > Widget buttons. On the bottom of the page, configure "Brightness modes" and "Sound modes".

edit: Didn't notice hugobosslives had answered already.

Edited by sm4tik

Guest wishmasterf

With today's update the brightness and sound buttons on the notification bar stopped working (I press and nothing changes), but the rest works.

Is anyone having the same problem?

Confirmed. Seems to be a bug. Please write a bugreport!

EDIT: also does anyone have the multiquote function on modaco working? i've been quoting quite a bit today and could do with being able to use it instead of tabing quotes.

Select "Multiquote" on the posts you want to quote and then hit "Add reply" on the bottom of the page. Works fine across pages too with ff on linux.

Edited by sm4tik

Guest wishmasterf

Or read the replys on previous page. You need to re-configure the buttons to get them working.

I read them but i cant see that anyone had success with that including me.

Guest hugobosslives

Select "Multiquote" on the posts you want to quote and then hit "Add reply" on the bottom of the page. Works fine across pages too with ff on linux.

aah it now works. didnt know you had to use the add reply at the bottem after hitting the multiquotes. cheers man. used it on this post :)

I read them but i cant see that anyone had success with that including me.

wrong.... do you not think we would have it woking if we're telling people how to reset them???

just reset up the cycle modes (for sounds, brightness etc) and it will work

the sound widget has been changed. if you go to the bottem of that settings page you will see the sound modes option has been completly revamped (the bit where you change which modes to cycle through) you have re-choose which modes you want

It's working now, did not notice the changes at first.

Thanks!

Guest Carbonize

Anyone knows what is this? - https://market.android.com/details?id=com.cgas.jamtwg.free (not the theme, but the 3rd screenshot under the heading 'app screenshots')

I pretty much like the look of that screen, but I don't know if that's an app or launcher. Never came across that one before :s

OK my first reply was partly incorrect but I am right about it saying what it is in the description.

To get the screen looking as it does in the screenshot please go here (http://goo.gl/fSFaH)

Guest Chris_M

I've just tried running z-device test, and I've noticed some interesting results.

With the sensor uncovered it displays 5cm as expected. And if you cover the sensor suddenly, it changes to 0cm. However, if you uncover the sensor and then gradually move your finger closer, it changes to 4cm as expected, but then stays at 4cm (even with your finger pressed against the sensor).

So it looks like the sensor handles "sudden covering" correctly, but not "gradual covering".

One other thing I've noticed is that z-device test displays the sensor resolution as +- 5cm. Surely this is incorrect? Could this explain why some people are having issues?

Mine's an original UK OLED Blade, with calibration settings 4482 (hi) and 3585 (lo).

Can anyone else confirm my results? Or is it just my phone acting weird?

Edited by Chris_M

Guest snowbord

I did a battery test tonight with KANG-24oct,

having 3G on during night for 8 hours, battery went from 91% -> 28%. The phone was sleeping properly, battery had been calibrated. On 2G I get days of standby time.

Those with battery issues - I am suspecting the latest Google Maps / Google Latitude to be at fault here (5.11). I did get rather shockingly large LocationFriendService wakelock activity. I am getting random activity on wifi and am pretty certain the new Google maps update is at fault. I went back to 220+ (pretty much 7.1 final) and the problem still appears to persist.

Could people look into their BetterBatteryStats / partial wakelocks (since charged) and report what their biggest battery drainer is?

Edited by snowbord

I've just tried running z-device test, and I've noticed some interesting results.

With the sensor uncovered it displays 5cm as expected. And if you cover the sensor suddenly, it changes to 0cm. However, if you uncover the sensor and then gradually move your finger closer, it changes to 4cm as expected, but then stays at 4cm (even with your finger pressed against the sensor).

So it looks like the sensor handles "sudden covering" correctly, but not "gradual covering".

That is actually normal. Its probably not how it should work, but that is how the kernel driver has always handled generating events. Most apps (such as the phone app) probably see any decrease in distance as a near event and any increase as far (most apps only consider near/far and don't care about distance)

One other thing I've noticed is that z-device test displays the sensor resolution as +- 5cm. Surely this is incorrect? Could this explain why some people are having issues?

Mine's an original UK OLED Blade, with calibration settings 4482 (hi) and 3585 (lo).

The version on z-device test I'm using shows resolution simply as 5.0 (no +/-), it is an older version so the way it is displayed in the app has probably changed. The resolution displayed has no real meaning, its just a label from the sensors lib. I could set it to 1 and the lib would still return values of 0-5. I've never seen anything use the resolution value for anything meaningful, it is just information.

Mine is also an original UK OLED and with calibration is around 300-400 (using the kernel currently in CM7).

I've changed some values in the kernel to get it back similar to what was in the old kernel, but at the moment using the old defaults (which always worked fine on my devices) I'm only getting 1-5 so it will need a little more adjustment before I submit it. When calibrated I'm now getting 5000-7000 which is higher than I got with the old kernel but closer to what I would expect.

Edited by Tom G

Guest jackal-sk

Please advise on battery calibartion:

Yesterday I charged my battery to 100% with device on. Turned off device, charging another 1/2 hour. I wiped stats, dalvik, cache. Flashed the n241, drained the battery to 0 until it switched off. Then I put it on charger for the whole night for 7 hours. When I turn the phone on in the morning, the battery shows 93%. How is this possible ?

Guest juniperz

Regarding soft buttons:

There are at least three apps for soft buttons: zMooth, Virtual Button Bar and Button Savior. I bought zMooth and Virtual Button Bar, and both are worth the money. (There are also free trial versions.) I slightly prefer zMooth. Haven't tested Button Savior yet.

Thanks. I had tried Button Savior a long time ago but uninstalled. I just tried zMooth and have decided to use that.

Guest dirlan2001

Please advise on battery calibartion:

Yesterday I charged my battery to 100% with device on. Turned off device, charging another 1/2 hour. I wiped stats, dalvik, cache. Flashed the n241, drained the battery to 0 until it switched off. Then I put it on charger for the whole night for 7 hours. When I turn the phone on in the morning, the battery shows 93%. How is this possible ?

You should have wiped battery-stats again when turning on device and keep it connected to the mains for another hour ....

:D