[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

hello everybody

my wife's blade has a very persistent proximity bug (random interrupts when making calls) and has had them on a variety of CM's (currently oct 24 kang) and other roms. i tried various things such as the calib. app in settings and the engineering thingy to no avail.

Is it possible to disable the proximity sensor altogether? Would there be any downsides besides somewhat higher battery drain while calling?

Thanks!

Guest dirlan2001

hello everybody

my wife's blade has a very persistent proximity bug (random interrupts when making calls) and has had them on a variety of CM's (currently oct 24 kang) and other roms. i tried various things such as the calib. app in settings and the engineering thingy to no avail.

Is it possible to disable the proximity sensor altogether? Would there be any downsides besides somewhat higher battery drain while calling?

Thanks!

Hi,

Interrupted calls have nothing to do with Proximity... Did you calibrate the sensor while shining on it with the strongest lightsource available ? I used a 2.000.000 candela torch to get it at highest level and then covered the sensor with my finger. Had to do this only once, flashing new ROM's afterwards didn't 'break' it.

Disabling the sensor isn't possible AFAIK, and the downside of it will certainly be the ear touching the screen and 'giving' commands to the phone you don't control....

:D

Guest Gerappa

I don't understand exactly what you mean. When you select Setting --> Wireless & Networks --> Wi-Fi settings --> Menu button --> Advanced --> Wi-Fi sleep policy then whatever you select changes back to 'Never'? At what point does this change happen? Can you select 'When screen turns off' or 'Never when plugged in' at all? Or does it change back to 'Never' if you exit the menu then go back in again? Or does it only reset to 'Never' following a reboot? An exact step-by-step of what you do and what you see would be helpful.

Hello Kiwi!

Yes you have right, it was confusing, because of my english :)

So, if i go Wireless & Networks --> Wi-Fi settings --> Menu button --> Advanced --> Wi-Fi sleep policy, then whatever i select changes back to 'Never'! Do not need to reboot, if i go back to main screen and select Wi-Fi sleep policy again, its "Never"again. I can select 'When screen turns off' or 'Never when plugged in' but if i go to homescreen and select policy again, its "Never". Because of this cant save my battery :(

I dont know how can i change manually (in a config file maybe), or with any program to override.

Thanks in advance!

Guest Amphoras

I'm trying to compile CM, but having problems getting the proprietary files. I'm using Ubuntu 11.04 on VMware Player in Windows 7 and following the steps here. I have the sdk installed under Win 7, but when I run the ./extract-files.sh command, it says

./extract-files.sh: 22: adb not found

chmod: cannot access `../../../vendor/zte/blade/proprietary/qmuxd': No such file or directory

etc. etc.

Do I need to install the sdk on the virtual machine as well, or am I doing something else wrong, or is there another way to get the files?

Guest mickeystar

ive installed cyanogen mod rom http://download.cyanogenmod.com/get/...ade-signed.zip

from gignerbreadstirfry beta 21 but now im stuck on the startup screen (blue android with caption cyanogenmod 7) for over 5 minns

also the install seemed quite quick, 1st time it said error with zip file then i tried to install again and it said installing then after 1min it installed(with gingerstriy fry it said stuff like getting wok ready etc) also i dont think i saw the orange progerssion bar when it was installing

okay tried taking battery out and placing back in, everytime i place barttery in it automatically turns on and keeps reloading the cyanogenmond part of the load up screen

SOVLED, reflashed

Edited by mickeystar

Guest targetbsp

I'

Do I need to install the sdk on the virtual machine as well, or am I doing something else wrong, or is there another way to get the files?

You *only* need to install the SDK on the VM. There's no 'as well' about it. :)

You'll need this post as well for the setting up udev bit of the instructions: http://android.modaco.com/topic/329317-guide-ubuntu-and-the-blade/

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Amphoras

You *only* need to install the SDK on the VM. There's no 'as well' about it. :)

You'll need this post as well for the setting up udev bit of the instructions: http://android.modac...-and-the-blade/

Thanks. I already had it installed on Win 7, so was hoping that would be enough. Will give that a shot.

Might be a while before I can try, I tried to rename the home folder on the VM. It worked in that the name changed, but it seems a lot of things were hardcoded to the old name including the desktop. So now when I log in on that user I get a load of errors and a blank screen... Trying again on another user account, but it seems to be limiting the disk space for that one. Hopefully it works and I don't have to start from scratch.

Interrupted calls have nothing to do with Proximity... Did you calibrate the sensor while shining on it with the strongest lightsource available ? I used a 2.000.000 candela torch to get it at highest level and then covered the sensor with my finger. Had to do this only once, flashing new ROM's afterwards didn't 'break' it.
<br /><br /><br />

-- and where would i shine the torch on? the camera?

It's not a complete hangup, often she can still hear the other person talking but they don't hear her.

Seems that I can't boot to clockwork mod anymore, I've updated it to the newest 5.0.2.0 (or something?). Android logo just freezes in boot and back -button is red. My phone (ZTE Blade) is GEN2 and running Blue Ginger V5 atm. Is my clockwork mod for GEN3? :mellow:

Edit: I reflashed it and it works. :)

Edited by antzti

Hi...I have swedish 2.2 installed and I have a Gen 1 device...I wanted to install update-cm-7.1.0-Blade-signed.zip on my device. Please guide..How do I do it? How do i convert my gen 1 to gen 2?

Guest mickeystar

Using cm7 now since being used to Ginger stir fry,

Few problems

When I'm dialing a known no, it doesn't give me suggestions of the possible contacts that no. Could be

Also there's is no dialer shortcut the phone icon just sends me to my contacts not the keypad

Also I'm using defualt browser, were is the exit button, I can never properly close the browser, so I always go to the last visited page, even when I close it with taskiller

Guest geegeethatsme

Hi...I have swedish 2.2 installed and I have a Gen 1 device...I wanted to install update-cm-7.1.0-Blade-signed.zip on my device. Please guide..How do I do it? How do i convert my gen 1 to gen 2?

It's all here.

Guest sej7278

I'm trying to compile CM, but having problems getting the proprietary files. I'm using Ubuntu 11.04 on VMware Player in Windows 7 and following the steps here. I have the sdk installed under Win 7, but when I run the ./extract-files.sh command, it says

./extract-files.sh: 22: adb not found

chmod: cannot access `../../../vendor/zte/blade/proprietary/qmuxd': No such file or directory

etc. etc.

you don't need the sdk at all actually, just "repo" (adb is handy but that's about it) just fetch the git repo in your linux vm.

you don't need extract-files.sh anymore either as the proprietary files are on jacob's github now.

Guest sej7278

Hell ye, but there isn't a full rom there. Did i miss something?

i've not got a rom up at the moment, i'm just building an n247+ with a new camera lib that i missed from n246+

edit: new camera lib and kernel doesn't fix goggles/barcode etc. problem, i guess its just support for the latest blades.

Edited by sej7278

Guest Amphoras

you don't need the sdk at all actually, just "repo" (adb is handy but that's about it) just fetch the git repo in your linux vm.

you don't need extract-files.sh anymore either as the proprietary files are on jacob's github now.

So I would just need to sync Jacob's repo to somewhere on the VM then copy the folder over?

Guest hugobosslives

Using cm7 now since being used to Ginger stir fry,

Few problems

When I'm dialing a known no, it doesn't give me suggestions of the possible contacts that no. Could be

Also there's is no dialer shortcut the phone icon just sends me to my contacts not the keypad

Also I'm using defualt browser, were is the exit button, I can never properly close the browser, so I always go to the last visited page, even when I close it with taskiller

1) Yer the cm7 dialler doesn't have smart dialing. Get a dialler app of market if you want this

2) you can change which screen it goes to by default in settings. (either choose one of the four, or the last used screen)

3) erm dunno without checking and not on my phone atm. if you kill it with "long press back button" (NB: you have to enable this feature first in phone settings) does it work as you want?

Guest sej7278

So I would just need to sync Jacob's repo to somewhere on the VM then copy the folder over?

yes basically you need to copy the makefiles and proprietary directory to vendor/zte/blade/ within your cyanogenmod tree.

fetch the files from github into home directory:

simon@greivous:~/$ git clone git://github.com/HCDRJacob/proprietary_vendor_zte.git

Cloning into proprietary_vendor_zte...

remote: Counting objects: 253, done.

remote: Compressing objects: 100% (205/205), done.

remote: Total 253 (delta 86), reused 182 (delta 35)

Receiving objects: 100% (253/253), 8.41 MiB | 201 KiB/s, done.

Resolving deltas: 100% (86/86), done.
you should the end up with a directory structure like this:
simon@greivous:~/$ cd proprietary_vendor_zte/blade/

simon@greivous:~/proprietary_vendor_zte/blade$ ls

blade-vendor-blobs.mk  blade-vendor.mk  BoardConfigVendor.mk  proprietary/
copy the files into place (assuming your cyanogenmod repo is in your home too):
simon@greivous:~/proprietary_vendor_zte/blade$ cp -R proprietary  *.mk ~/cyanogenmod/vendor/zte/blade/

Edited by sej7278

Guest Amphoras

yes basically you need to copy the makefiles and proprietary directory to vendor/zte/blade/ within your cyanogenmod tree.

fetch the files from github into e.g. temp directory:

simon@greivous:~/temp$ git clone git://github.com/HCDRJacob/proprietary_vendor_zte.git

Cloning into proprietary_vendor_zte...

remote: Counting objects: 253, done.

remote: Compressing objects: 100% (205/205), done.

remote: Total 253 (delta 86), reused 182 (delta 35)

Receiving objects: 100% (253/253), 8.41 MiB | 201 KiB/s, done.

Resolving deltas: 100% (86/86), done.
you should the end up with a directory structure like this:
simon@greivous:~/temp$ cd proprietary_vendor_zte/blade/

simon@greivous:~/temp/proprietary_vendor_zte/blade$ ls

blade-vendor-blobs.mk  blade-vendor.mk  BoardConfigVendor.mk  proprietary/

Thanks, will give it a go once the main repo is finished syncing.

Guest downloader50

I want to change the gps and bluetooth icons in CM 7.1 I have used uot kitchen many time with success but this time when i install the update i lose the notification bar anyone know what I am doing wrong?

any known major issues with Sej's 24Oct before i flash someone's phone with it please?

does facebook picture sync work any better now (CM7 generally) than with SS Froyo (the thing that's supposed to sync face pictures between your phone contacts and facebook and never seemed to work right?

Edited by Smiff2