[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest sej7278

*update* just flashed the new n247*

the camera now works thanks sej ^^ laugh.gif for the quick fix will try this new rom out

and will report if i find any more bugs

out of interest, do you have the weird "3-piece screen" in google goggles or barcode scanner or any camera app other than the default camera app like the rest of us do?

p.s. had to take the download down, 35gb in under 2 days, use the mirrors.

i noticed my battery life isn't so great - lost 4% over night.

Edited by sej7278

Guest juniperz

Jealous - lost 14% since I unplugged at 6am! (N241, wifi off, 2G, GPS off, sync off, not used it).

Guest targetbsp

Mine lost nothing in a self compiled version made yesterday lunch. I included the new camera kernel and libs in it

Edited by targetbsp

Guest downloader50

Mine lost nothing in a self compiled version made yesterday lunch. I included the new camera kernel and libs in it

If it lost nothing isn't that because the battery stats have not updated due to lack of use?

Guest targetbsp

If it lost nothing isn't that because the battery stats have not updated due to lack of use?

I agree with you 100% as it then loses a few percent quite quickly in its first use of the day. But that wasn't my point. :D

It always loses nothing overnight. As does Sej's I believe. He was pointing out that his did lose a few percent last night unexpectedly, presumably thinking there's a battery drain issue. I was pointing it it's probably no cause for concern and probably a fluke as my rom built from the same source, with the same additions, behaved the same as it always has.

Guest aljorocks
out of interest, do you have the weird "3-piece screen" in google goggles or barcode scanner or any camera app other than the default camera app like the rest of us do?

ill download google googles and barcode scanner to test them out. will post updates ASAP

btw evrything in this rom is ok except for one thing it seems to consume a bit more power compared to n241(my previous rom) even on low brightness

Guest andy9876

sej7278

I'm on n247+ and the barcode scanner has the weird "3-piece screen". The camera app and LG Camera app both work ok when taking pictures.

andy9876

Guest hugobosslives

I agree with you 100% as it then loses a few percent quite quickly in its first use of the day. But that wasn't my point. :D

It always loses nothing overnight. As does Sej's I believe. He was pointing out that his did lose a few percent last night unexpectedly, presumably thinking there's a battery drain issue. I was pointing it it's probably no cause for concern and probably a fluke as my rom built from the same source, with the same additions, behaved the same as it always has.

same here. it will pretty much always stay on exactly what it was on when i went to bed. then drop the first 5% rather quickly when using it over breakfast.

Guest aljorocks

btw as i check all the specs on the zte blade it says it has 512 mb ram but why does mine show only 164max

i found a fix but it is only available for gen1 blades is there a fix for gen2 ones? TIA

btw i got mine from china which is the zte v880 hope this additional info helps

Edited by aljorocks

Guest Amphoras

It just finished building there. Need to go out to work now, so will try it when I get home. Thanks again sej and target :).

Flashed it last night, and so far it seems to be working fine :). If I want to include patches that have not yet been merged, I assume I need to use one of the commands listed under download on Gerrit. Which of the 4 different commands should you use (checkout, pull, cherry-pick, patch) or does it not matter?

Guest targetbsp

Flashed it last night, and so far it seems to be working fine :). If I want to include patches that have not yet been merged, I assume I need to use one of the commands listed under download on Gerrit. Which of the 4 different commands should you use (checkout, pull, cherry-pick, patch) or does it not matter?

I use Pull. Seems to work. Downloads and applies the patch. Not entirely sure of the difference between the 4 choices to be honest!

This might be obvious, but it wasn't to me the first time: make sure you're in the appropriate directory for the project before running the command. So for http://review.cyanog...om/#change,8647 you would need to be in device\zte\blade as indicated by the project at the top left.

Whilst on the subject of not being 100% sure what I'm doing. What;s the procedure if you cock up?

I pulled this and it failed to merge: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,9811

because in the meantime it had been added to the above linked change. And I couldn't pull anything else until resolving the merge conflict. I basically just wanted to undo that pull

A google search suggested 'git reset --merge' and this seemed to solve my problem. Would that be the correct method? Or is there a more correct way. It also seemed to rescue me when I managed an aforementioned download of a patch into the wrong project directory.

This git stuff is way more complex than the windows source code control programs I'm used to!!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Ben in Turin

Does anyone have wifi problems with the last stable release of cm7.1.0? My wifi doesn't seem to work full stop, I can't scan or connect. If I go into the options it freezes and says wlan options has stop responding.

Guest mickeystar

Anyone help I'm gettin no 3g on orange in uk, I've already checked settings, I get good signal just not3g despite geting it in same places in my old rom, ginger stir fry 21

Guest targetbsp

Does anyone have wifi problems with the last stable release of cm7.1.0? My wifi doesn't seem to work full stop, I can't scan or connect. If I go into the options it freezes and says wlan options has stop responding.

If you restored your wifi settings using titanium it will screw it up.

Guest sej7278

Whilst on the subject of not being 100% sure what I'm doing. What;s the procedure if you cock up?

git reset --hard HEAD 
then check with:
git status 
in case there are any files left behind i prefer to download the patch as a file, such as:
git fetch http://review.cyanogenmod.com/p/CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_CMParts refs/changes/78/7678/10 && git format-patch -1 --stdout FETCH_HEAD > /tmp/battery2.patch
then apply it with:
git apply /tmp/battery2.patch

if you use git pull you can get into all kinds of crap trying to undo things.

Edited by sej7278

Guest Ben in Turin

If you restored your wifi settings using titanium it will screw it up.

I didn't restore any system settings, just user downloaded apps, I'll try flashing the latest stable cm through rom manager I guess.

Edited by Ben in Turin

Guest Amphoras

I use Pull. Seems to work. Downloads and applies the patch. Not entirely sure of the difference between the 4 choices to be honest!

This might be obvious, but it wasn't to me the first time: make sure you're in the appropriate directory for the project before running the command. So for http://review.cyanog...om/#change,8647 you would need to be in device\zte\blade as indicated by the project at the top left.

I pulled this and it failed to merge: http://review.cyanog...om/#change,9811

because in the meantime it had been added to the above linked change. And I couldn't pull anything else until resolving the merge conflict. I basically just wanted to undo that pull

A google search suggested 'git reset --merge' and this seemed to solve my problem. Would that be the correct method? Or is there a more correct way. It also seemed to rescue me when I managed an aforementioned download of a patch into the wrong project directory.

This git stuff is way more complex than the windows source code control programs I'm used to!!

Thanks! Don't worry about it being obvious, I saw the list of packages to install on the CM guide, and thought it was a command to run. Spent ages wondering why it didn't work until someone told me what it was...

Guest FaTaL_ErrOr

Hey guys. Great support from the team and I m really happy with the latest update I made since I havent updated in a while now. I'm on n247+ and I ve tried several times to apply the google apps pack but while clockwork mod 5.0.2 says its installed when i install the zip, there is no where after booting in cm7. Before installing the rom I performed a new tpt with 160MB system, so there is about 25MB free right now, so I m guessing there is no space issue. Is there anything I m doing wrong? The file is the latest rommanager.png gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

Guest doogsville

btw as i check all the specs on the zte blade it says it has 512 mb ram but why does mine show only 164max

i found a fix but it is only available for gen1 blades is there a fix for gen2 ones? TIA

btw i got mine from china which is the zte v880 hope this additional info helps

Your Chinese V880 has less memory than the European Blades. Don't use any of the 'fixes' or you will brick your Blade. I don't know whether ZTE or China Unicom/Telecom decided that Blade users in China don't need the same amount of memory as everyone else, but someone did :angry:

I have one, and to be honest I haven't ran out of space yet, but it's kind of annoying, especially considering that phones, like most electronic goods, are relatively more expensive here in China. We pay more money for less. That's crap.

Guest aljorocks

hi sej i just installed google goggles and yep i also have the weird "3 piece screen"

and about the battery i just lost 6% batt in a span of 8hrs (while sleeping) while almost 1% per 2-5min when wifi and some apps like games or even just texting which for me is pretty power hungryunsure.gif

Guest aljorocks

Your Chinese V880 has less memory than the European Blades. Don't use any of the 'fixes' or you will brick your Blade. I don't know whether ZTE or China Unicom/Telecom decided that Blade users in China don't need the same amount of memory as everyone else, but someone did :angry:

I have one, and to be honest I haven't ran out of space yet, but it's kind of annoying, especially considering that phones, like most electronic goods, are relatively more expensive here in China. We pay more money for less. That's crap.

thats soo sad to know mad.gif kinda stupid of ZTE if u ask me i mean isnt it harder to make 2 diff blades than just 1?

ahh and btw what apps are you running coz i almost always run out of memory forcing some apps like angry birds to force close

i just set the compcache ram to 18% to give me a bit more virtual ram thus fixing the issue a bit smile.gif

I don't known what is running on phone i last hours, but You can see activity. I use phone as always. From 21:00 to 6:00 WiFi off, 2G only, no FB, no G+.

post-574989-0-31953200-1320734466_thumb.

I'm from Poland aktywność=Activity :)

Spare Parts don't show nothing strange.

Edited by Simono

Guest popoyaya

...phones, like most electronic goods, are relatively more expensive here in China. We pay more money for less. That's crap.

Pretty ironic when they are actually made in China and exported everywhere else, and Chinese workers are paid a pittance.