[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

out of interest, do you have the weird "3-piece screen" in google goggles or barcode scanner or any camera app other than the default camera app like the rest of us do?

What do you think, this should solve the camera issue?

Guest sej7278

i was wondering the same myself, he mentions double-mirroring which would be a good description of what we're seeing.

its merged so should be in n250

Guest Carbonize

N250 is out, nothing special for Blade

You mean except for libcameraservice: Support FFCs with reversed rotation logic which some think might fix the double image problem in Barcode scanner and Google shopper?

Guest jventura

Flashed it last night, and so far it seems to be working fine :). If I want to include patches that have not yet been merged, I assume I need to use one of the commands listed under download on Gerrit. Which of the 4 different commands should you use (checkout, pull, cherry-pick, patch) or does it not matter?

Hi, the problem of including patches using one of those four commands before starting a new branch is that when you do "repo sync", it will clean your patches, even changes that you made to that patches..

To survive "repo sync", first I create a new branch in /system, like "repo start bladeparts /device/zte/blade/BladeParts", then I cd to that directory, and then I cherry-pick the patch. This way, the patch and translations that I do will survive all repo syncs after.. When the patch is merged, I just do "repo abandon /device/zte/blade....." and then a "repo sync" to sync with git server.

Guest jimwormold

Just installed NB250, and no, it does not!

Although the barcode scanner and googles apps still work as far as I can tell (they just don't look so perdy) so this really is a very minor bug isn't it?

Jim

Edited by jimwormold

Guest sej7278

Just installed NB250, and no, it does not!

Although the barcode scanner and googles apps still work as far as I can tell so this really is a very minor bug isn't it?

not really minor that any app that uses the camera has a broken image no!

Guest downloader50

Can also confirm bug not fixed just restoring back to 7.1 stable again...lol

Guest sej7278

Can also confirm bug not fixed just restoring back to 7.1 stable again...lol

i just did a test build and even with the new camera stuff in the kernel and the new lib, its still not fixed.

the problem is we don't know what patch broke it (changelog doesn't got back far enough, and trawling through git logs would be a nightmare) so whomever it was probably doesn't know they broke it either!

Guest jimwormold

Any app? Only goggles and barcode scanner are affected on my blade. The camera apps themselves work fine - stock camera, little photo, etc don't they?

Granted having the bottom third of the image at the top (only in goggles and barcode scanner) isn't great, but it doesn't particularly impede their usage and when I take the image in goggles, the image captured is free of any artefacts and looks as it should.

Guest MidaMilunk

Any app? Only goggles and barcode scanner are affected on my blade. The camera apps themselves work fine - stock camera, little photo, etc don't they?

Granted having the bottom third of the image at the top (only in goggles and barcode scanner) isn't great, but it doesn't particularly impede their usage and when I take the image in goggles, the image captured is free of any artefacts and looks as it should.

Not only the listed apps, but any app which somwhow "captures" the live image of the camera, like f.e. Fastburst Camera,g:HU, and possibly more.

The resulted image is OK, but I still consider this a bit more than "really minor".

Install go weather, tap on the weather icon, you will see the same broken picture problem so I don't think its specifically camera related, more like a graphic rendering bug.

Guest reluctant_traveller

Not only the listed apps, but any app which somwhow "captures" the live image of the camera, like f.e. Fastburst Camera,g:HU, and possibly more.

The resulted image is OK, but I still consider this a bit more than "really minor".

I also get this mirroring using the app beWeather - it has small video clips of clouds/rain/sunshine to illustrate the various weather patterns. Beweather does not use the camera, but the video clips are split/mirrored identically to the camera app.

So it is not isolated to the camera - perhaps some codec? although moboplayer plays the mp4 video files without the splitting

Guest sej7278

Hey sej7278, where can I download the 7.1.0 nightly CM 249+?

you can't it was just a test build, essentially its n250

the problem with the camera seems to be the preview. every app i've tried (satellite finder, goggles, shopper, barcode) that uses the camera is broken except the stock camera app, pretty major to me having the image repeated 3 times across the screen makes it unusable, you can't even ensure the whole image is in the frame as part of it is chopped off where it repeats.

next we'll be saying that a lockscreen that won't unlock is pretty minor, might as well delete dialer.apk its only a minor app :D

Guest jimwormold

the problem with the camera seems to be the preview. every app i've tried (satellite finder, goggles, shopper, barcode) that uses the camera is broken except the stock camera app, pretty major to me having the image repeated 3 times across the screen makes it unusable, you can't even ensure the whole image is in the frame as part of it is chopped off where it repeats.

next we'll be saying that a lockscreen that won't unlock is pretty minor, might as well delete dialer.apk its only a minor app :D

What? Doesn't everyone else's lockscreen not unlock? I've put up with that since day one!

Obviously joking. As I said it works fine on everything (stock, fatbooth, hdr camera, little photo, photaf, pixlr-o-matic, retro camera) except the two apps I mentioned (goggles and barcode scanner). So as far as I was concerned taking photos is not really affected and I can easily use goggles or barcode scanner (although I use these far far less frequently than the other camera apps). I also don't get the image repeated 3 times - I get the bottom part of the image repeated twice across the top third (or so) with the bottom repeat being a lot smaller than the top. This means that it actually sits outside the red box of barcode scanner and really doesn't make it difficult to take a photo. I wonder whether I am experiencing a different bug?

Either way, something that makes the camera far more unusable for me is the startup lag - I hope ICS (which I believe reduces this considerably) will run on the blade!

Jim

Guest technomaniac

Hi all

Just installed this for the first time and its great thanks. Does anyone know if it is possible to install the original ZTE alarm clock with this ROM, I like to see the alarm time in the lock screen.

Thanks again

Greame

Guest rockstarszzzz

I am just flabbergasted to find out that people who own ZTE Blade, actually are using the camera app! Isn't camera pretty shite in this phone?! :o

I have so far taken only 1 pic - that too by accident when camera just started as the shortcut was on desktop!

Guest downloader50

I am just flabbergasted to find out that people who own ZTE Blade, actually are using the camera app! Isn't camera pretty shite in this phone?! :o

I have so far taken only 1 pic - that too by accident when camera just started as the shortcut was on desktop!

Camera is used in barcode scanner etc not just to take photographs

Guest sej7278

Camera is used in barcode scanner etc not just to take photographs

i've browsed through gerrit between 24th and 29th of october (when we think it went wrong) and can't find anything obvious, also had a quick browse through git.

Guest mickeystar

Can anyone help I'm gettin no 3g on orange in uk, I've already checked settings, I get good signal just not3g despite geting it in same places in my old rom, ginger stir fry 21

also im using stock android browser, is there no exit button? on my old gsf rom there was an exit button when i press menu, so my browser never fully closes, even using a taskiller to close it when i reopen the browser it goes to last visited page (and the page hasnt been updated e.g. on facebook, close browser reopen browser it goes back to that facebook page not with most recent stories)