[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest hugobosslives

Hi all

Just installed this for the first time and its great thanks. Does anyone know if it is possible to install the original ZTE alarm clock with this ROM, I like to see the alarm time in the lock screen.

Thanks again

Greame

it tells you the alarm time on the lockscreen in the default alarm app in cm7....

set an alarm through the "clock" app. then when unlocking. it will display the next scheduled alarm

Guest technomaniac

it tells you the alarm time on the lockscreen in the default alarm app in cm7....

set an alarm through the "clock" app. then when unlocking. it will display the next scheduled alarm

good stuff, thanyou.

Guest MidaMilunk

how is battery drain on n247-n250? my official 7.1 is not doing good so far.. battery lasts 2 days max, with music and a few minutes wifi...

I must refer my friend again, he is very satisfied with n250's battery life! It is said to be much better than in 249.

Guest sej7278

I must refer my friend again, he is very satisfied with n250's battery life! It is said to be much better than in 249.

he's tested thoroughly then - almost a whole day! i'd say stop listening to your friend.

I switched off default persist.sys.use_16bpp_alpha and LED notification to test battery switch Phone Off and On and now proximity sensor say -1 :(

Edit: I calibrate it and working :)

Edited by Simono

Guest jimwormold

I switched off default persist.sys.use_16bpp_alpha and LED notification to test battery switch Phone Off and On and now proximity sensor say -1 :(

Edit: I calibrate it and working :)

How do you switch off LED notification? Via CM Settings -> Interface -> LED Notifications? I've tried getting alerts to be LED on rather than flashing (LED Mode -> Force LED on) but to no avail. They always flash in 250 - I don't think this was the case 242.

Are these the correct settings?

Thanks,

Jim

Guest downloader50

Does anyone know what program to download th view info such as system partion size etc i updated from gen 1 to gen 2 but don't know if i have 140 or 160mb partition.

And my mate said, that "barcode scanner" worked fine! Can someone confirm?

Can't confirm it - in build 251 the same triple trouble. So maybe your mate's more lucky than most of us or maybe he says it without checking problem apps.

Guest jimwormold

@up

exactly

I add to messaging, today remove and reset settings.

There is option in advanced to flash always (probably then not sleep)

Yes I am aware of that and just checked it to make sure I hadn't set it accidentally!

I actually want the opposite - LED Notification without flashing (ie solid) so that the phone sleeps. As I said, I'm pretty sure this worked in a previous ROM (242) but whatever I try now makes my buttons flash when I get a notification and the phone doesn't sleep.

Can anyone else confirm that they are unable to get a solid LED notification rather than a flashing one? To recap this is using the "Force LED On" option (which I presume replaces a flashing LED with a solid one) in CM Settings -> Interface -> LED notifications.

Jim

Guest AsusFreak

Does anyone know what program to download th view info such as system partion size etc i updated from gen 1 to gen 2 but don't know if i have 140 or 160mb partition.

I used an app called FreeSpace.

Edit:

A crappy app if you rely on hugobosslives :P

| |

v v

Edited by AsusFreak

Guest hugobosslives

do it in a terminal

for example:

in terminal emulator:

"df -h"

EDIT: there is a space between df and -h

and you don't have to download any crappy apps

Edited by hugobosslives

Guest targetbsp

Can anyone else confirm that they are unable to get a solid LED notification rather than a flashing one? To recap this is using the "Force LED On" option (which I presume replaces a flashing LED with a solid one) in CM Settings -> Interface -> LED notifications.

Yes. I can confirm that my notification LED is solid. I haven't touched the notification options. I left them on default and it just works great with no battery loss. :)

Guest jimwormold

Yes. I can confirm that my notification LED is solid. I haven't touched the notification options. I left them on default and it just works great with no battery loss. :)

Is that on NB250?

I've just reset all my notification settings and get a beautiful solid green LED when I receive an email, but nothing showed in HandcentSMS until I clicked the Flash LED box in the settings which actually makes a solid LED notification too. All sorted - thanks!

EDIT: then it wasn't fixed and flashed when I received an sms. Have given HandcentSMS special settings in LED Notifications of "Force LED on", colour "Green". Seems to work again - for now. I keep telling myself that "this is fun"...!

Edited by jimwormold

Guest targetbsp

It's on a self build based on N248 but I hadn't seen anything in the changelog that would affect it. Anyway... glad you got it sorted. I'd not really played with those options. Just had a glance around them - there's a lot of them isn't there? lol.

Guest mickeystar

Can anyone help I'm gettin no 3g on orange in uk, I've already checked settings, I get good signal just not3g despite geting it in same places in my old rom, ginger stir fry 21

also im using stock android browser, is there no exit button? on my old gsf rom there was an exit button when i press menu, so my browser never fully closes, even using a taskiller to close it when i reopen the browser it goes to last visited page (and the page hasnt been updated e.g. on facebook, close browser reopen browser it goes back to that facebook page not with most recent stories)

im using cyanogen mod 7.1.0

Edited by mickeystar

Guest Amphoras

Can anyone help I'm gettin no 3g on orange in uk, I've already checked settings, I get good signal just not3g despite geting it in same places in my old rom, ginger stir fry 21

also im using stock android browser, is there no exit button? on my old gsf rom there was an exit button when i press menu, so my browser never fully closes, even using a taskiller to close it when i reopen the browser it goes to last visited page (and the page hasnt been updated e.g. on facebook, close browser reopen browser it goes back to that facebook page not with most recent stories)

For the 3G, have you done a full wipe? Its definitely enabled?

Not sure why you need to close the page completely, but you can press the menu button, pick windows, then click the cross to close all the windows. After you close the last one it will open a new one with your home page, just press the back button then.

Guest mickeystar

For the 3G, have you done a full wipe? Its definitely enabled?

Not sure why you need to close the page completely, but you can press the menu button, pick windows, then click the cross to close all the windows. After you close the last one it will open a new one with your home page, just press the back button then.

yes its definitely enabled, full wipe? i did a full wipe before i installed cyanogemod7

just used to browser having exit button on old rom, so whenever i open my browser it goes to the homepage and not my last visited page

Edited by mickeystar

Guest jimwormold

I'm on t-mobile (so effectively orange). About a month or so ago, I noticed that my signal, which previously would often be the only network with a signal in our house, had become increasingly unreliable. I put this down to it switching between T-mobile, Orange and "T-mobile Orange" (or whatever). From day to day, it still varies - sometimes no signal on either 2G or 3G, sometimes great 2G but no 3G and sometimes full signal on both.

I don't know what to say but it may actually be the signal itself. I'm in the Bristol area btw.

Jim