[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest cutandaweb

How can i make cm louder?

Because i use sennheiser, and the musics are really quiet...

With leaked, and official rom, much louder...

It is the only possible way

FIIO

i'm not sure what i was supposed to be testing but no problems at all found on sej's 24Oct build, thanks sej!

well one small quirk: with the MIUI style battery bar, when it runs low, it goes green! you'd expect red surely? (i'm using the blue theme that the ROM came with).

and that's the best bug report i can give.. it's almost perfect for us really. :) i can't see the Blade getting much better. (slightly :( )

Edited by Smiff2

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I personally use Volume+.

why would you do that when cyanogenmod has a built in equaliser? just go to dsp settings, enable the equaliser and turn everything up. if you do anything in software though you create distortion at high volumes.

Some good news about battery life improvement. Just now not exactly for us, but maybe for us in nearest future.

One guy who has nick Ezekeel on xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1297535 made kernel patch which able to improve battery life by 55%. Source codes are available on github https://github.com/Ezekeel/GLaDOS-nexus-s/tree/deepidle

Maybe TomG can adapt this patch for our kernel?

Yesterday I switched off LED notification on CM settings (remove settings for messaging, reset settings, and reboot phone) but this still works solid flash LED when I got SMS.

How can I permanently switch off LED notification?

Edit:

I want only LED flash for SMS not Gmail or other app

Tom_G answer me on IRC

I for all other chose LED off

Only on for Messaging

Now it works what I want

Edited by Simono

Guest rockstarszzzz

Yesterday I switched off LED notification on CM settings (remove settings for messaging, reset settings, and reboot phone) but this still works solid flash LED when I got SMS.

How can I permanently switch off LED notification?

Edit:

I want only LED flash for SMS not Gmail or other app

Tom_G answer me on IRC

I for all other chose LED off

Only on for Messaging

Now it works what I want

Try the app called Light Flow. It will do exactly what you want. Tried and tested. I'm using it!

Guest robinhud2010

On n147+ and haven't found any issues with 3rd party apps using camera. Tried both camera360 and barcode scanner. Battery life seems to have improved slightly since n227 but it's still quite dreadful.

why would you do that when cyanogenmod has a built in equaliser? just go to dsp settings, enable the equaliser and turn everything up. if you do anything in software though you create distortion at high volumes.

DSPmanager is good, but i prefer volume+ as it allows different levels of loudness and bass, I also like the VR effect. Personally, i don't find equaliser presets on dsp very useful.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

On n147+ and haven't found any issues with 3rd party apps using camera. Tried both camera360 and barcode scanner. Battery life seems to have improved slightly since n227 but it's still quite dreadful.

DSPmanager is good, but i prefer volume+ as it allows different levels of loudness and bass, I also like the VR effect. Personally, i don't find equaliser presets on dsp very useful.

cool, but I think CM7 DSPmanager has all those features now.

Guest saturnreturn

I listen to audio through a bluetooth connection to my car stereo. Since upgrading to the latest sej version (oct24), about 1 in 3 times when I turn the car off the phone dies and I have to remove the battery and restart. Has anyone else noticed this or knows of a fix?

Guest shmizan

I have a strange issue.

I use PlayerPro and want to control the songs from lockscreen using the Cyanogen option.

for some reason when music plays, it does show Next, Pause and Previous keys, but when I press the pause key it starts the Android Music app, stops PlayerPro and shows me the Music notification on statusbar.

I tried uninstalling Music.apk but now the lockscreen controls do nothing..

how can I make it control PlayerPro?

Edited by shmizan

Guest Obsydian

Been updating daily for a few weeks now, shame people ruin the thread banging on just about battery life.

Anyway, no issue to report aside from now on 251, if I try and send a SMS to more than 5 people it fails, 1 SMS is fine.

Guest MidaMilunk

cool, but I think CM7 DSPmanager has all those features now.

CM7s DSP instantly adds a noise to the speaker as I enable it (whatever the settings are), so I never use. Maybe it is usefull for headphones, but I never use such thing :)

Guest atillaahun

Know this might not the the right topic, but could someone help me out with the .apk of the DCD CloudSync Free App? It'd be a real pleasure to use in CM, but can't download from Market even with Enabler (not available in my country bullshit...), or GetJar, or anywhere else, and so far this seems to be the only option for Google Docs Sync, which I've desired for a long time.

Been updating daily for a few weeks now, shame people ruin the thread banging on just about battery life.

Anyway, no issue to report aside from now on 251, if I try and send a SMS to more than 5 people it fails, 1 SMS is fine.

have you tried handscent for texts ?

Guest targetbsp

Know this might not the the right topic, but could someone help me out with the .apk of the DCD CloudSync Free App? It'd be a real pleasure to use in CM, but can't download from Market even with Enabler (not available in my country bullshit...), or GetJar, or anywhere else, and so far this seems to be the only option for Google Docs Sync, which I've desired for a long time.

Do you have market v3? It makes some apps unavailable to you for no good reason that I can figure out. I never tried to work out a way around it either because I dislike v3 enough to have reverted to v2. :D

have you tried handscent for texts ?

Would definitely recommend replacing stock messaging app with Handcent or Go sms.

Edited by De@n

Guest targetbsp

I've got something a little bit interesting here. Well... I think it is anyway!

I've been in discussion with the dev of a new TBS game about random lag I'm experiencing in it. It suddenly occurred to me (inspired by a review saying it was very easy on battery life) that the problem might be the CPU governor. It's a TBS so nothing is going on when you're giving out your orders so I thought what if the CPU is ramping down and then being too slow to ramp up.

And sure enough, if I stick the governor on performance the game is fine. I then tried it with Interactive, Smartass 1 and 2 and it's also fine. Back to OnDemand and there are varying timing between my clicks and the game responding to them.

This is the first actual reproducible case I have seen personally of a governor making a difference.

So now I need to choose one. Performance is obviously impractical for battery reasons and I just used it as a diagnostic step.

Interactive is also popularly believed to be heavier on the battery than On Demand and SmartAss's. So I guess I get to choose between SmartAss 1 and 2. Anyone any opinions on the differences between the 2?

If anyone else wants a play, this is the game: https://market.android.com/details?id=net.mediamachines.postmodernlite

You'll probably need to reach level 2 before making any opinions (but level 1 takes no time at all to complete)

The game lets you save mid level, drop out, change governor and load back up where you were to experiment.

I've got something a little bit interesting here. Well... I think it is anyway!

I've been in discussion with the dev of a new TBS game about random lag I'm experiencing in it. It suddenly occurred to me (inspired by a review saying it was very easy on battery life) that the problem might be the CPU governor. It's a TBS so nothing is going on when you're giving out your orders so I thought what if the CPU is ramping down and then being too slow to ramp up.

And sure enough, if I stick the governor on performance the game is fine. I then tried it with Interactive, Smartass 1 and 2 and it's also fine. Back to OnDemand and there are varying timing between my clicks and the game responding to them.

This is the first actual reproducible case I have seen personally of a governor making a difference.

So now I need to choose one. Performance is obviously impractical for battery reasons and I just used it as a diagnostic step.

Interactive is also popularly believed to be heavier on the battery than On Demand and SmartAss's. So I guess I get to choose between SmartAss 1 and 2. Anyone any opinions on the differences between the 2?

If anyone else wants a play, this is the game: https://market.android.com/details?id=net.mediamachines.postmodernlite

You'll probably need to reach level 2 before making any opinions (but level 1 takes no time at all to complete)

The game lets you save mid level, drop out, change governor and load back up where you were to experiment.

Choose SmartassV2 ;)

Its has a great balance between performance and battery.

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1242323

Source 2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9739742

SmartassV2 (informal description and comparison with the first smartass)

SmartassV2 is a governor (controls the frequency of the CPU at each give moment) which like the first smartass is generally based on the implementation of interactive with some major changes and the addition of a built in sleep profile (behaves a bit differently when screen is off vs. on).

The smartassV2 improves the very naive scheme which the first smartass had: The first smartass (with the values I set for the hero), would cap the max frequency at 352Mhz for sleep and when screen is on, would do the opposite and keep the frequency at 518Mhz or above. For sleep this was very effective but a bit crude and unclean, and there could be some cases where you would need processing power even when screen is off (something is updating and music is playing and etc.). For screen on, smartass1 was too quick to jump to the max available frequency and again would never go below the 518Mhz, so in a nutshell its was using "too high" frequencies.

SmartassV2, introduce (internally) an "ideal" frequency which is the frequency we are "aiming" for, in some sense. The way I see it is that the "ideal" frequency is a hint to the governor what is a good balance between performance and battery life. Now when screen is on, I set (on the hero) the ideal frequency to 518Mhz which will ensure nice responsiveness but limit unnecessary use of higher frequencies when they are not needed. When screen is off, I set the ideal frequency to 352Mhz (0 will disable the screen state tracking all together). From my testing this will "convince" the governor to spend most of the its time during sleep at the lowest available frequencies. Note, that both during sleep and when awake the entire frequency range (as defined by the "user" - i.e. selected with SetCPU) is used by smartassV2. For example, when the CPU is loaded heavily, the highest available frequency will be used regardless if screen is on or off.

:)

Edited by ZTR

Guest atillaahun

Do you have market v3? It makes some apps unavailable to you for no good reason that I can figure out. I never tried to work out a way around it either because I dislike v3 enough to have reverted to v2. :D

Yeah, but as I mentioned, its cause of my country, which I have no hope to change any soon. Its the same with old market, so could you check me please if that program is available for you? Unless you are a hungarian too. :)

Guest targetbsp

Yeah, but as I mentioned, its cause of my country, which I have no hope to change any soon. Its the same with old market, so could you check me please if that program is available for you? Unless you are a hungarian too. :)

Yep worked for me. Uploaded it here temporarily: http://blade.windows98.co.uk/downloads/com.dcd.cloudSyncFree-1.apk

Guest mickeystar

Can anyone help I'm gettin no 3g on orange in uk, I've already checked settings, I get good signal just not3g despite geting it in same places in my old rom, ginger stir fry 21

im using cyanogen mod 7.1.0

anyone got a solution??

would reflashing rom work ? would i lose my current settings and data?

Edited by mickeystar

Guest Carbonize

Can anyone help I'm gettin no 3g on orange in uk, I've already checked settings, I get good signal just not3g despite geting it in same places in my old rom, ginger stir fry 21

im using cyanogen mod 7.1.0

anyone got a solution??

would reflashing rom work ? would i lose my current settings and data?

Probably nothing to do with it but have you enabled data roaming since you might be connecting to the T-Mobile network now they have merged? Other than that I haven't got a clue as it works fine for me. If you go to mobile network settings and set the network preference to WCDMA only what happens?

Guest mickeystar

Probably nothing to do with it but have you enabled data roaming since you might be connecting to the T-Mobile network now they have merged? Other than that I haven't got a clue as it works fine for me. If you go to mobile network settings and set the network preference to WCDMA only what happens?

since using cyanogen ive never got a 3g signal, even at home, where as with other rom ginger stiry fry id always get 3g at home,

also i dont use 3g for internet, i just mean the phone signal i never get 3g

how do i change to wcdma ive checked wireless +networks, mobile networks