[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

For those still concerning themselves with battery life, Antutu have come up with a battery test app: http://www.appbrain.com/app/antutu-tester/com.antutu.tester

Takes 5 hours to run! I don't know precisely what it does but hopefully it will provide something more accurately than peoples feelings on the matter we have at the moment. To start with it

Guest ritterkeks

I listen to audio through a bluetooth connection to my car stereo. Since upgrading to the latest sej version (oct24), about 1 in 3 times when I turn the car off the phone dies and I have to remove the battery and restart. Has anyone else noticed this or knows of a fix?

Here! I have quite the same problem when using it with my bluetooth headset (sony), after 5-20min, the sounds begins to hang and then the blade freezes completely, so that I have to pull the battery out.

The problem seems to happen only with newer AVRCP clients, like my headset or car stereos, who have the ability to show song titles.

Others have reported that their bluetooth avcp devices work fine.

I think that this is because the AVRCP implementation has changed in cyanogen somewhere around n200, after this the song title display should work.

At least with the stock player it does sort of, as for me it only shows the album title.

With PlayerPro it does not show anything like before, or if I have used the stock player before, displays the old albumtitle from before.

This has changed before the new kernel got introduced and the freeze happened to me with both old and new.

Now as a workaround I can use the stock player, while it still freezes sometimes, it takes a lot longer...

Sadly, my music collection is not quite compatible with the media scanner's habit of taking one sampler and making 20 different albums of it!

Some pages ago, I tried to provide logcat and syslog.

Now after updating to n252 yesterday, I partly reproduced the freeze today. When the music starts to hang, I quickly switch off the headset, so that waiting a few seconds, the device becomes usable again. This has helped before and this way I don't have to do a hard reset everytime it happens.

Log attached: [[uploading attachments is quite a PITA with this tiny iframe, requesting a captcha that is barely readble, I wonder if you have to deal with this aswell]]

2011-11-11-13-22-23-n252-bt.txt

Guest dirlan2001

For those still concerning themselves with battery life, Antutu have come up with a battery test app: http://www.appbrain....m.antutu.tester

Takes 5 hours to run! I don't know precisely what it does but hopefully it will provide something more accurately than peoples feelings on the matter we have at the moment. To start with it

5 hours ? by that time the battery will certainly be drained LOL

Guest targetbsp

5 hours ? by that time the battery will certainly be drained LOL

Yeah. It was more like 3 lol. :D It ramps the phone up to max brightness and CPU and as far as I can tell times an 80% battery drop. I figured those claiming huge in use differences between CM7 and other roms could use it as a more scientific check. Users can't compare it with other users because different screen types, overclocks, background apps battery conditions etc will affect results. But they could compare one rom with another on the same phone and see if the difference is as large as they think.

Edited by targetbsp

Hi All,

I'm having a little bootloop problem with my Blade. I'm using custom rom with cyanogenmod in it. Played a bit with overclocking settings, set my CPU to 800+MHz ant now my phone is on reboot loop. I am wondering is there some file (cyanogenmod-settings.fun for example:)) that I can restore through recovery mode and somehow get out of this reboot loop? Or maybe you can suggest something else without reinstalling new rom again? Thank you

Guest targetbsp

Hi All,

I'm having a little bootloop problem with my Blade. I'm using custom rom with cyanogenmod in it. Played a bit with overclocking settings, set my CPU to 800+MHz ant now my phone is on reboot loop. I am wondering is there some file (cyanogenmod-settings.fun for example:)) that I can restore through recovery mode and somehow get out of this reboot loop? Or maybe you can suggest something else without reinstalling new rom again? Thank you

Hold menu while booting CM7 to go into safe mode. 800Mhz is an insanely high overlock to even try - never mind to tick set on boot with. :o

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Hi All,

Try holding Menu when you boot, your phone will go into safe mode. *hopefully* from there, you can change it back in settings. If not, then from there manually delete cyanogenmod settings data (might be possible from settings>applications...)

Guest hugobosslives

god i thought i knew most standard things about the blade.

and i didn't even know how to get it into safe boot mode with the buttons.

haha. i thought they had forgot to include a hardware button boot mode for this as no one has ever mentioned this to me

cheers for the info. seems you're never not a noob laugh.gif

Thank you for your advice, but fixed my problem by myself before reading your reply. Tried booting without SIM card - no help, then booted without SD card and my phone booted nicely with default CPU settings.

Try holding Menu when you boot, your phone will go into safe mode. *hopefully* from there, you can change it back in settings. If not, then from there manually delete cyanogenmod settings data (might be possible from settings>applications...)

Edited by vitkis

Guest ThrashMan

since using cyanogen ive never got a 3g signal, even at home, where as with other rom ginger stiry fry id always get 3g at home,

also i dont use 3g for internet, i just mean the phone signal i never get 3g

how do i change to wcdma ive checked wireless +networks, mobile networks

Look again.....but this time read all the menu options!

Guest downloader50

Any news of fixing the triple image on google goggles and barcode scanner? would love to install the latest nightly

Edited by downloader50

Guest downloader50

I KNOW THAT, I meant the cwdma setting?

Ok no need to be rude

the only way to force 3g is from the power control widget either enable it in the notification bar or just have it on one of your screens

Guest mickeystar

Ok no need to be rude

the only way to force 3g is from the power control widget either enable it in the notification bar or just have it on one of your screens

But 3g is enabled already

Guest geegeethatsme

since using cyanogen ive never got a 3g signal, even at home, where as with other rom ginger stiry fry id always get 3g at home,

also i dont use 3g for internet, i just mean the phone signal i never get 3g

This seems to be an issue particular to your phone or setup. I can't find any other instances from a quick search through the topic. You also seem to be at cross purposes with other posters in terms of the description/interpretation of the problem/solution.

In terms of classic 'roll back' problem definition, I'd suggest you reload GSF and get your phone working as you want it with 3G, then re-flash CM after a full wipe and without changing any settings or restoring anything. If 3G disappears again on a clean install then I'd have to conclude that in the absence of other users reporting the issue, its not a rom thing in isolation but some unpredictable (or repairable) consequence of your hardware/software mix. Sorry.

Guest mickeystar

This seems to be an issue particular to your phone or setup. I can't find any other instances from a quick search through the topic. You also seem to be at cross purposes with other posters in terms of the description/interpretation of the problem/solution.

In terms of classic 'roll back' problem definition, I'd suggest you reload GSF and get your phone working as you want it with 3G, then re-flash CM after a full wipe and without changing any settings or restoring anything. If 3G disappears again on a clean install then I'd have to conclude that in the absence of other users reporting the issue, its not a rom thing in isolation but some unpredictable (or repairable) consequence of your hardware/software mix. Sorry.

Ok ill try that in few days, I dnt use mobile internet only wifi, does 3g have an effect on phone signal?

Guest targetbsp

Ok ill try that in few days, I dnt use mobile internet only wifi, does 3g have an effect on phone signal?

Yes. It makes it worse. :D

2g coverage is more widespread than 3g. if you have zero use for data then you want 2g anyway.

Guest mickeystar

Yes. It makes it worse. :D

2g coverage is more widespread than 3g. if you have zero use for data then you want 2g anyway.

As I dnt use mobile internet,its actually better my fone only has 2g signal?

Guest targetbsp

As I dnt use mobile internet,its actually better my fone only has 2g signal?

Yes. 2g has better coverage and is meant to use less battery. I only switch to 3g, manually, when I need to use data.

Edited by targetbsp