[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Just flashed N256 and I already found a MAJOR BUG!

Dont use the Minimalistic Ring Lock!

I repeat DONT USE IT!

Because I enabled it and whenever I unlock the phone it just freezes and reboots

Rebooted 5 times already :(

Edited by ZTR

Guest downloader50

usual place, still doesn't fix camera though.

Agree just tried nightly 256 still has camera issue on barcode scanner and Goggles etc. It's a real pity they can't find the cause as I really want to try the latest nightly's

Edited by downloader50

Guest BurgerZ

Just flashed N256 and I already found a MAJOR BUG!

Dont use the Minimalistic Ring Lock!

I repeat DONT USE IT!

Because I enabled it and whenever I unlock the phone it just freezes and reboots

Rebooted 5 times already :(

+1

Just tried and phone freezes and reboots.

Guest sej7278

Look forward to it. I will keep using your builds until they commit the Miui battery indicator. Just a shame it no longer has the options for setting the colours for it.

well i reverted the three files in that commit and it didn't fix it, so i guess there's more to it, maybe needs the whole of surfacefinger to be reverted....?

Guest meep.o.matic

usual place, still doesn't fix camera though.

I'm trying to download your latest build, but I can't find it anywhere on your downloads page, I just see the softbuttons patch.

Is there anywhere else I could download that build?

Thank you in advance, and thank you for your great contribution with these awesome custom builds. Been using 24th Oct. and no complaints whatsoever ;)

Edited by meep.o.matic

Guest sej7278

I'm trying to download your latest build, but I can't find it anywhere on your downloads page, I just see the softbuttons patch.

Is there anywhere else I could download that build?

Thank you in advance, and thank you for your great contribution with these awesome custom builds. Been using 24th Oct. and no complaints whatsoever ;)

i yanked n255+ as the camera is broken, then didn't upload n256+ as the camera was still broken and the reverted patch might have caused other issues.

so for now probably best to stick with my 24th/october build, or the regular nightly 256 (with broken camera).

i'll do another build when they fix the camera issues.

maybe someone who got n255+ can mirror it as i've deleted it.

Guest andemort

My wife uses a White 'Orange San Francisco', I updated her phone to sej7278 Kang version (not their latest one, the one previous that did not have the issue with the triple display in barcode reader) - seems to be running perfectly well.

Thanks for answer.

Does her proximity works well? Did you do something to get it work? Can you please upload somethere that older rom? Thanks in advance.

P.S. my proximity works, but only on stock firmawares and older cm7. Older than n180. Don't know why. And as i know that it is only about white san francisco. Not the grey one.

Guest Nick Rhodes

I have a White San Francisco in the family and as well that has problems with the proximity in CM7.1 stable.

Not tried older versions of CM7, but was fine with Swedish Spring and Stir Fry, 2.2 and 2.3 roms.

Cheers, Nick.

Guest brookergray

i yanked n255+ as the camera is broken, then didn't upload n256+ as the camera was still broken and the reverted patch might have caused other issues.

so for now probably best to stick with my 24th/october build, or the regular nightly 256 (with broken camera).

i'll do another build when they fix the camera issues.

maybe someone who got n255+ can mirror it as i've deleted it.

Do you have a link to that October build? Or anyone can upload it?

Guest sej7278

http://www.multiupload.com/872NW2C2VB

here is a custom build that base on latest repo sync with fix the ring unlock reboots error , as well as the camera / surfaceflinger issue.

Custom build Kernel, updated superuser.apk . added S2E and nofrillscpu for switching IO scheduler

what did you have to revert to get the surfacefinger stuff fixed? edit: forget that, i think i messed up my revert.

and for that matter, what new superuser.apk - latest prebuilt or source i can see is 10th october on github

Edited by sej7278

Guest Nick Rhodes

Been playing with the White OSF Blade.

The default proximity settings are miles too low and the calibration tool is setting them too high.

Clean install has the values 300 and 380

Calibrated for me is 1002 and 1128.

You need to edit the file /data/misc/prox/prox_data.txt and edit the first two comma separated values.

You need a root capable tool - I found an app called "File Expert" from the instructions at http://www.jayceooi.com/2011/06/12/how-to-edit-root-file-on-android-the-free-way/

But I found Jota Text Editor would not save the files.

I found through trial and error that 880,800 worked best, 50 lower or higher for each was enough to stop the sensor working and a difference of about 80-100 seems best.

Oh, just about to file a bug report.

Cheers Nick.

Guest downloader50

http://www.multiupload.com/872NW2C2VB

here is a custom build that base on latest repo sync with fix the ring unlock reboots error , as well as the camera / surfaceflinger issue.

Custom build Kernel, updated superuser.apk . added S2E and nofrillscpu for switching IO scheduler

Goggles works ok

barcode scanner works ok

Is it possible to remove the magnifying glass from the notification bar

Is it possible to remove the magnifying glass from the notification bar

Yes. Goto tablet tweaks and untick 'Soft-buttons left'. In 'choose soft-buttons' untick everything.

Guest sej7278

Yes. Goto tablet tweaks and untick 'Soft-buttons left'. In 'choose soft-buttons' untick everything.

for the self-builders amongst you, i had to tweak my softbuttons patch after n256, its in the usual place (and the old one is archived too).

i can confirm that the revert for the 3 surfacefinger files does fix the camera preview issue, dunno what i did wrong before!

Guest Ben in Turin

Hey!

I updated to cm7 about a week ago. I just have a question concerning live departures for google maps and maybe someone here can answer it! On my old custom rom (the swedish froyo one I think?) there was live departure info on the maps. Since updating to cm7 this has all disappeared from maps?

Does anyone know anything about this?