[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest sej7278

soon we will have to leave this thread :(

cos we'll have a cm9 thread :D source code just released!!!! made my evening :D:D:D:D:D

if you class 6 months+ as soon :D

if it even happens with our spec phone, although they say anything that can run gingerbread.....

looking at the compiler specs there will be no self-builds (16gb ram, large ssd, 8 cores etc.) and cyanogenmod are going to need some hardware donated lol.

source must be pretty massive if even google don't have the bandwidth to get it uploaded in under 2 hours (oh seems its about 6gb).

as the honeycomb 3.2 source is coming down with ics, i wonder which one the tablet guys will pick.

Edited by sej7278

Guest hugobosslives

if you class 6 months+ as soon :D

if it even happens with our spec phone. looking at the compiler specs there will be no self-builds and cyanogenmod are going to need some hardware donated lol.

source must be pretty massive if even google don't have the bandwidth to get it uploaded in under 2 hours.

as the honeycomb source is coming down with ics, i wonder which one the tablet guys will pick.

meh. the new year should see some early experimental builds.

agreed on the size front. but i reckon the cm team will get a bit of help on the hardware front.

most will try defo try ICS first unless they literally can't due to the specs of ICS

Can confirm barcode scanner etc still broken I.E triple image on screen I just installed the latest nightly had to restore back again to 7.1 stable

I only have a double image on the screen, but the scanner works OK.

Guest downloader50

for the self-builders amongst you, i had to tweak my softbuttons patch after n256, its in the usual place (and the old one is archived too).

i can confirm that the revert for the 3 surfacefinger files does fix the camera preview issue, dunno what i did wrong before!

Sej on your latest build the 7.2 RC0 I have noticed that in settings/ wireless and networks/ mobile networks/ you have a tab for selection the gsm/umts network preferences. If i remember correctly CM don't usually have this tab they only have a tick box for use 2g only, is this something you add to your custom build your self? This is a great addition I wish all Roms had it.

Edited by downloader50

Guest sej7278

Sej on your latest build the 7.2 RC0 I have noticed that in settings/ wireless and networks/ mobile networks/ you have a tab for selection the gsm/umts network preferences. If i remember correctly CM don't usually have this tab they only have a tick box for use 2g only, is this something you add to your custom build your self? This is a great addition I wish all Roms had it.

lol, i don't even know what you're talking about there, never seen it myself. i suspect its just something new in that build - is it not in the regular n256?

Guest downloader50

lol, i don't even know what you're talking about there, never seen it myself. i suspect its just something new in that build - is it not in the regular n256?

You are correct it is in the latest nightly but the latest nightly still has the camera issues so sticking with your latest kang

Guest downloader50

Sej has the framework-res.apk and systemui.apk changed from CM7.1 stable to 7.2 RC0 I am wondering if i can use some kitchen mods i did to the bluetooth and gps icons using 7.1

What's the difference between sej's build and burstlam's? I see both are 256 and have softbuttons, so is it the kernel mainly (sej's using standard CM and burstlam's his own)?

Guest Celtic67

http://www.multiupload.com/872NW2C2VB

here is a custom build that base on latest repo sync with fix the ring unlock reboots error , as well as the camera / surfaceflinger issue.

Custom build Kernel, updated superuser.apk . added S2E and nofrillscpu for switching IO scheduler

Is this set to Chinese/Japanese by default? I managed to find the language & change to English (UK), but most of the Apps still have names that I can't read.

Sorry if this blindingly obvious, it's been a while since I tried CM7.

Is this set to Chinese/Japanese by default? I managed to find the language & change to English (UK), but most of the Apps still have names that I can't read.

Yes, starts in Chinese, happened to me also.

Restart launcher to update app names in drawer (Settings > ADW Launcher > Restart).

Edited by txemix

Guest dnaumov

I have a force-close problem with the Market: When switching to another phone and preparing my Blade to be given to my girlfriend, I did the mistake of updating CyanogenMod from the version I was using myself to (I think, don't have it on-hand) 7.1 RC1 and latest gapps. Since the phone seemed to work alright, I've also deleted all the backups. However we have later discovered that the Market forcecloses every time we try to download anything. Sometimes it manages toi download 0%, sometimes 30%, but it will inevitably crash and the download will lock up before finishing. I did some googling and found that for other people who've had this issue, it has either been solved by changing phone language (tried both English (US) and several other language options) or by fixing permissions. I've done both and neither have helped. I've also tried clearing data/cache of the market and rebooting the phone multiple times. Nothing.

What should I be doing?

Edited by dnaumov

Guest sej7278

What's the difference between sej's build and burstlam's? I see both are 256 and have softbuttons, so is it the kernel mainly (sej's using standard CM and burstlam's his own)?

not much i expect (burstlam's adds s2e). i've just uploaded n257+ which has on top of the regular n257:

it doesn't have the recently updated chinese translations, which i guess burstlam was trying out.

probably not worth looking at if you've already tried mine/burstlam's n256, but should definitely be better than the regular nightlies.

after flashing, delete the proximity calibration data, reboot and re-calibrate (the defaults are useless for me).

if anyone has a 5mp camera it would be interesting to see if this works for you.

usual place for the download.

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp

• reverted surfacefinger to fix the "triple camera preview" bug in goggles/barcode etc.

I don't use the cam for anything so the issue doesn't affect me and I won't personally be making the above change. But for future reference, if there is a merged change I want to revert to an older version, how is it done? Thanks!

I don't use the cam for anything so the issue doesn't affect me and I won't personally be making the above change. But for future reference, if there is a merged change I want to revert to an older version, how is it done? Thanks!

git revert <commit>

This creates a new commit with the faulty one reverted. See git log for the commit.

http://www.multiupload.com/872NW2C2VB

here is a custom build that base on latest repo sync with fix the ring unlock reboots error , as well as the camera / surfaceflinger issue.

Custom build Kernel, updated superuser.apk . added S2E and nofrillscpu for switching IO scheduler

Thank you very much!!!

Everything works well as always!!!

Edit:

I have seen that also sej uploaded a rom with the camera bug fixed, great!!!

Now we have 2 updated roms with softbuttons and everything working perfectly!!!

Guest sej7278

i think for this particular issue i checked out the older version of just the 3 files after inspecting git log:

git checkout 3e69ec66532cfbed01840c6480fd26cf64feb17f Layer.cpp LayerBase.cpp LayerBase.h
backed up the old files:
cp Layer.cpp LayerBase.cpp LayerBase.h /tmp/
reset git to current:
git reset --hard HEAD 
copy the old files back into place:
cp /tmp/Layer* .
create a patch to modify the current git to the previous one:
git diff > /tmp/surfacefinger.patch

there probably is an easier way to make a patch to revert a subset of a commit to an older version (like just downloading the old files) but this works for me, "git revert" can often do too much for my liking, and i prefer patch files to branches, as you can apply them after a repo sync and you don't mess up your tree.

after about 10 years of using rcs/cvs/svn, i'm still learning about git, and liking it a lot - especially the way it integrated into linux, its practically a filesystem, in fact you could use it as an alternative to rsync for incremental backups.

if anyone has a 5mp camera it would be interesting to see if this works for you.

Both camera and camcorder works fine with my 5mp blade. Is there's a proper test case somewhere?

Guest sej7278

yeah, just don't have time or energy to register and learn to use gerrit now. BTW, your n257+ is the smoothest ROM I've tried so far. And I've tried quite many during the last 3 months.

i'll put something on there then if that's ok?