[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

My bluetooth experience with the Blade has been sketchy at best. But actually it's working quite well as I'm trying it out right now. Are you using the latest Nightly?

Hi Pierreism, thanks for your reply.

I'm using seg's n257+2.

Just tried with a different computer with which it did pair & although the file sends without error, it doesn't arrive :rolleyes:

Cheers, Paul

Guest my-planet

my n257+2 is the latest we've got, it actually includes 99% of what's in the changelog for the next build after n257, including the surfacefinger revert which fixes the 3-way split camera preview.

http://www.multiupload.com/EDYUIZP7YM

da23404b0060a74913e3dd90b5ad8ec1 update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-n257plus2-signed.zip

Brilliant, thanks! I've a GEN2 on CM7 n257currently. Am I ok to just install rom from SD card via Rom manager as usual?

Guest Revenge
CM9 Progress Update

We’ve been hard at work on CM9 since Google released Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) into the wild last month, and things are slowly starting to come together. Google did a great job with ICS and added some really awesome features which in some cases replace or deprecate functionality that we had in CM7, so we are reevaluating all of our customizations. A number of devices are already up and running with CM9, and the focus is currently on getting as many devices ready as we can. The first devices (besides the Nexus S, which you can already get from Koush’s section on ROM Manager) that we’ll have ready will mostly likely be devices based on OMAP4, MSM8660/7X30, and Exynos. We also have some Tegra2 tablets in the pipeline such as the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Asus Transformer. Our goal is to provide continued support to all CM7 devices back to the QSD8250 series of devices such as the Nexus One. I don’t want to make any promises at this time, but that is the plan. And sorry Droid1 owners, we’re dropping support for you. Time to upgrade :)

There are a number of challenges that we are up against. Google has made some pretty major changes to the Android framework that break compatibility with older proprietary camera and graphics drivers in order to achieve some pretty insane performance, but I am confident that the team will be able to overcome these issues like we have in the past.

For those of you who like to build CM from source yourself, you probably know that the spin-up time when starting a CM7 build is absurdly long due to the high number of devices in our repository. Koush and Arcee have put together a solution to this problem that adds new devices on-demand to your local repository, saving on both bandwidth and the long startup time. Some other great enhancements are coming too, like a completely overhauled music app, a new file manager, and a new launcher based on stock 4.0.

If you have a Nexus S, you can check out the code and build for yourself today. More devices are on the way, and I’ll send out these status updates as we make more progress.

Cyanogen Team

Guest targetbsp

Great, so just wipe Dalvik cache and off I go?

Yep :)

Yes, but most users that flashed from ROM Manager also downloading on it.

Yeah. But he did explicitly specify using the install from sd card option. :) That's how I always install my self compiled CM7's

Cyanogen Team

Reading the clarifications in the comments it seems they've dropped everything with less than 512mb - so we're OK there. But they are aiming to support the Nexus 1 and any devices newer and more powerful than the Nexus 1. We're newer, but older tech and obviously less powerful.Depends I guess whether this is a hard and fast ruling or just a guideline of what to expect. We've all seen the video of TomG running ICS on the Blade. Maybe some weaker, but popular, devices will be supported if their devs manage to get them sorted? Hope so!

Edited by targetbsp

Found a small problem

When Battery less than 10%, LED would turn on, and can't turn it off at sleep mode.

tested with N256,257,sej's 256p2

ps.sej 257p2 still not work on my v880(chinese blade)

Guest ThrashMan

Found a small problem

When Battery less than 10%, LED would turn on, and can't turn it off at sleep mode.

tested with N256,257,sej's 256p2

ps.sej 257p2 still not work on my v880(chinese blade)

lol....surely the LED is telling you to charge the phone? :)

Hi, I decided to try overwriting some images in framwork and copied them in /device/zte/blade/overlay directory before building. However, the images were not picked up. Does anyone know why? I thought this was possible the way I did it, but I may as well be wrong, or I may have messed up something else :)

edit: ..hmm never mind, I think I just found where it went wrong :D

Edited by sm4tik

Guest sej7278

Hi,All

Focaltech Touchscreen can not work on sej's 271+ too.

This time I cat kmsg log,hope can help to fix it.

i assume you mean my n257+ (2) ?

those logs look like the kernel doesn't know if its a focaltech or synaptics touchscreen, have you got something weird like a u880 or gen3 blade or something?

bit late for logs now though as the new kernel has been merged and will be in the next nightly (if it ever comes lol!)

i assume you mean my n257+ (2) ?

those logs look like the kernel doesn't know if its a focaltech or synaptics touchscreen, have you got something weird like a u880 or gen3 blade or something?

bit late for logs now though as the new kernel has been merged and will be in the next nightly (if it ever comes lol!)

Both 257+,and 257+2 can't work

I realy have a focaltech touchscreen,and your 256+2 works fine for my v880 gen2

hope the next new kernel can fix it .

ps.burstlam‘s new kernel fix it already

Edited by olol

Guest sej7278

Both 257+and 257+2 can't work

I realy have a focaltech touchscreen and your 256+2 works fine for my v880 gen2

hope the next new kernel can fix it .

ps.burstlam‘s new kernel fix it already

the new kernel in the next nightly won't fix it as its the same one that was in n257+2, i guess the new synaptic stuff in patch2 broke focaltech support/

which burstlam kernel?