[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

I measured the battery on 2g standby, it goes down by 15% per 10 hours, which is 50 hours 90% -> 15%. Is this ok ? My friend's Sensation with 1730 mAh battery goes down by 3% per 6 hours. Can it be true ? It seems to me, CM rom consuming a lot of battery on standby. (latest odexed burstlams kang with patch).

Edit: here they say Standy by time should be 192 hours. Can anyone explain this or is it normal ? I know it's with Froyo rom but still.

Mine stood by for several days when I was sick once. When you're not sick it's impossible to last that long. You keep picking it up to quickly check something - even just the current battery life. It's amazing how much that adds up when you look at the screen on time in battery stats.

But as I said, when I literally don't use it it stands by like it says on the spec sheet. So it's either being used, or you have crappy apps installed that are using it.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest jackal-sk

targetbsp, well I was sleeping the whole time :) I got an few kb Email thats true... which biases the test.. But the phone sleeps properly, I don't have any bogus apps. When you got it on Standby while sick, did you have your Data on ? Or just GSM ? I'll try this night again. Maybe this is weird asking but could during night measure your drain with 2g actually on please ? 

Edited by jackal-sk

Guest targetbsp

Ah, I don't use data - only wifi which i have on and off with the screen. It's a principle thing lol. I refuse to be at the beck and call of the internet. It's there for when I want to check it not for it to bug me when it wants to. :D

Guest targetbsp

The way I figure it, anyone sending me anything time sensitive in email - or god forbid, via, facebook is doing it wrong. I'm probably too old. :D

I guess I mostly use mine as an ordinary phone with apps (lots of apps! :D ) rather than a smartphone. :)

Guest Mousses

Since Burstalm mod is something NOT sej and not cm7N but something else, why not to create separate thread only for burstlam's build's ?

Because after all, this compilation remains a CM7

Guest mickey megabyte

someone asked a few posts ago what a KANG is?

i've often wondered myself. is a KANG just a self-built rom compiled by sej, burstlam etc? or is there more to it than that?

can anyone build a KANG?

and why the name?

Guest Kamikaze.

Back in Burstlam's rom. Gotta to say it's damn smooth and fast. Some boot errors still exsists unfortunately. I also found weird bug. The icons in status bar(battery, wifi, data, and notification icons I.e. Tasker) goes on top of each other. And sometimes they just duplicates(two battery icons)... Anyone else have this problem? Also I can see the date all the time(should only be seen when stay bar is extended). I remember this bug from transparent LunarUI theme, but I'm not using that theme right now...

Edited by Kamikaze.

Just a question regarding Burstlams latest KANG.. (The deodexed one)

If i want to add apps in the system folder how do i add them?

Coz in ur rom there are 2 files for each app (Apk,odex)

So if i add any additional apks (like the stock launcher etc) so how do i add them?

Thanks

Guest targetbsp

someone asked a few posts ago what a KANG is?

i've often wondered myself. is a KANG just a self-built rom compiled by sej, burstlam etc? or is there more to it than that?

can anyone build a KANG?

and why the name?

When you compile your own - that's what it calls it. What that term means, I don't actually know. [edit] now I do, see bottom of this post![/edit]

But yes, anyone can do it.

Here's the guide: http://wiki.cyanogen...ogenMod_(Linux)

Ignore the Install ADB and proprietary files bit and do this instead (it's much easier/quicker): http://android.modac...70#entry1838970

Oh, and where it says to type

repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b gingerbread
instead type
repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b gingerbread --repo-url=git://github.com/android/tools_repo.git

as shown for person type 3 here: http://synrgi.wordpr...ository-remedy/ (at least in VMWare, it hangs at 98% of the first time sync otherwise)

If running Windows, use Ubuntu 11.10 64 bit version in VMWare Player giving the VM at least 1.8GB of ram and 30gb Hard disk space. VirtualBox doesn't work well when you need to do future repo syncs to update your source code.

Having recently switched from VirtualBox myself, I also have to say that Unity mode in VMWare is far too cool to not have. :D

[edit]

KangThe process of creating a code based of someone else's code or reapplying code that someone else created into your own code (e.g. git cherry-pick)
ref: http://wiki.cyanogen...iki/Terminology Edited by targetbsp

Guest brickornot

ok i installed BURSTLAM BUILD

2.6.35.7 perf+

burst@burstlam-UB10#10

rc0 blade kang

gwk74

connected this

1963076577.jpg

and tried with 4 different pendrives usb sticks but nothing happens...do i need some additional app ?

Guest burstlam

and tried with 4 different pendrives usb sticks but nothing happens...do i need some additional app ?

only the odex version contain the usb host mode patch~

and if u want to mount usbdisk , add this line to system/build.prop

ro.additionalmounts=/mnt/usbdisk
then add the following line to system/etc/vold.fstab :
dev_mount usbdisk /mnt/usbdisk auto /devices/platform/msm_hsusb

extra usb power mod is needed for other devices ~ something like this on youtube :

Edited by burstlam

Guest brickornot

only the odex version contain the usb host mode patch~

and if u want to mount usbdisk , add this line

ro.additionalmounts=/mnt/usbdisk
to system/build.prop then add the following line :
dev_mount usbdisk /mnt/usbdisk auto /devices/platform/msm_hsusb

to system/etc/vold.fstab

extra usb power mod is needed for other devices ~ something like this on youtube :

will check it. thanks.

Edited by brickornot

BTW has anyone seen/tried out this?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1382014

Its based on N256 it seems and has tweaks and themes from Android 4.0...

Blade Ice Cream Sandwich theme CM 7 Nightly 256 mod by senki

This ROM brings together all the tweaks, theme that coming from (Android 4.0) for Blade!

It also has MIUI Battery bar too

Edited by ZTR

Guest brickornot

BTW. YOUR ROM burstlam is amazing.

I do not use odex version, but you rom is really great. thanks, fast and better battery usage than any cm7N so far.

THANKS.

Guest surfatwork

nice ROM @burstlam. fast and pretty good with the battery. thanks a lot.

When you get some spare time, do see if you can fix that "No Service" bit - not a big issue though. thanks anyway for sharing your work.

Guest ShahinTehShiz

Whats the difference between the odexed version and the non-odexed version? Can somebody kindly link me to the better one? The first one seems to keep me stuck on the android logo and when it does boot it has no root access on titanium backup :/

EDIT: Just realised I have 140mb System, do I need to flash a Gen2 to Gen1 TPT then back to a 160mb Gen1 to Gen2 or can I just straight away flash another Gen1-Gen2 TPT thats 160mb

Edited by ShahinTehShiz

Guest targetbsp

Maybe this is weird asking but could during night measure your drain with 2g actually on please ?

For what it's worth, which is nto a lot considering our previously discussed usage differences, I'm on 97% after 7 hours (which is pretty much a night) of mostly standby (12 minutes screen/wifi use)

Guest jackal-sk

For what it's worth, which is nto a lot considering our previously discussed usage differences, I'm on 97% after 7 hours (which is pretty much a night) of mostly standby (12 minutes screen/wifi use)

Thanks, so 7 hours of 2g standby 3% down ? I mean, it seems unrealistic to me. I don't say I don't believe it but I don't see how could you have such a low drain. This night I will test with GSM only, no data.

Guest ColdEmbrace

Thanks, so 7 hours of 2g standby 3% down ? I mean, it seems unrealistic to me. I don't say I don't believe it but I don't see how could you have such a low drain. This night I will test with GSM only, no data.

The exact same way I do 9 hours at work and my phone still register 100% if i don't wake it, the phone doesn't know to check the battery level. I wake the phone turn on 3G check my emails and it drops to say 95% because now it registers battery usage.

Whats the difference between the odexed version and the non-odexed version? Can somebody kindly link me to the better one? The first one seems to keep me stuck on the android logo and when it does boot it has no root access on titanium backup :/

EDIT: Just realised I have 140mb System, do I need to flash a Gen2 to Gen1 TPT then back to a 160mb Gen1 to Gen2 or can I just straight away flash another Gen1-Gen2 TPT thats 160mb

Hello I did repartition yesterday.

I had 140MB system, and now I have 160MB

I used this file cm7-n257-blade-gen1-to-gen2-tpt.zip from: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1258855

Sorry for my english :-)

Guest targetbsp

The exact same way I do 9 hours at work and my phone still register 100% if i don't wake it, the phone doesn't know to check the battery level. I wake the phone turn on 3G check my emails and it drops to say 95% because now it registers battery usage.

It was woken for a few brief periods throughout that time. Like I said, had a usage time of 12 minutes. :) Mostly downloads from the 10 billion promotion and app updates.