[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest eucurto

thnks

i started way earlier.

btw hows the battery life is it better than n257

100% last friday at 7 a.m.

a few sms+calls+data+wifi

24% at 9 a.m. today monday

this undervolt stuff really ROCKS!! thanks wbaw!!

Guest thewild

btw hows the battery life is it better than n257

It started CM7 with this ROM, so I can't compare with n257.

This ROM has cpu and wifi undervolting, which is very nice to save battery.

I have 60% battery left, its 10AM my phone was last charged yesterday at noon. I did not really used it (phone in sleep mode for almost all that period), but this morning I listend to music for about 1h30.

Pretty good battery life I guess !

If I can have more than 24h of battery with 3 hours of MP3 and moderate usage, I'm happy.

Guest sej7278

Thanks.

I'll test it later today.

Is kernel based on burstlam's or tom's sources?

its a mixture - mainly tom_g's kernel, but with my ports of wbaw's undervolting and burstlam's recording work.

this is all explained within the previous 2 pages, and my sig, and the download page btw.......

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp

Thanks. I've actually just finished compiling it myself but I'm carrying out another battery test so can't flash it on yet. :D

I'll not worry if it's buggy!

After reading googles attempt at translating that site it seems it's not playing well with the Blades screen being upside down then!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest BurgerZ

Thanks. I've actually just finished compiling it myself but I'm carrying out another battery test so can't flash it on yet. :D

I'll not worry if it's buggy!

After reading googles attempt at translating that site it seems it's not playing well with the Blades screen being upside down then!

Yep. It seems that transitions are broken for Blades. The screen turns upside down first, then it rotates normally.

Guest sej7278

Yep. It seems that transitions are broken for Blades. The screen turns upside down first, then it rotates normally.

lol i had to look on my blade to see what the difference was, not much of an effect.

i do like the transparent app drawer though, i wonder how we get that.

Guest targetbsp

i do like the transparent app drawer though, i wonder how we get that.

Some launchers have that option. Not used it in a long while but I think even the stock Cm7 one does?

Guest Kamikaze.

Sej's rom looks pretty darn good. Battery life is longest I've seen so far(I have been playing with my phone for hours now, and still over 50%)! Only problem is that I can't log into my G account. When I go to Market, it wants me to log in, but as soon as I press ok, it just gets back to my home screen. Any workaround to log in?

Guest targetbsp

Sounds like you need to reflash GAPPS. Doing that worked for me when I had similar in CM9. I flash GAPPS every upgrade when installing CM7 so I'm only assuming it's the same thing here!

Edited by targetbsp

Seems like BurgerZ from Russian 4pda forum solved problem with ICS rotation effects. So if you want you can try his KANG v3 from this place

Who want to know all ins and outs need patience because all discussion there is conducted on Russian. Details about at this point and far

Guest BurgerZ

Seems like BurgerZ from Russian 4pda forum solved problem with ICS rotation effects. So if you want you can try his KANG v3 from this place

Who want to know all ins and outs need patience because all discussion there is conducted on Russian. Details about at this point and far

Thats right. With help of Sle-v (user from 4pda) we've found the problem in source code.

There was a mistake in code in frameworks/services/java/com/android/server/ScreenRotationAnimation.java.

This mistake caused the screen turning upside down and only then animating while turning the Blade.

Right file attached.

ScreenRotationAnimation.tar

Guest Kamikaze.
Sounds like you need to reflash GAPPS. Doing that worked for me when I had similar in CM9. I flash GAPPS every upgrade when installing CM7 so I'm only assuming it's the same thing here!

Uh, of course, thanks.

Guest JimJam707

I have installed this rom but the screen turns on and off several times a day, why this happend?

I have that problem too, but I am running an ancient build of CM7 (n257plus2).

Need to update really.

Guest sej7278

can i install the ics transitions in sej's 21jan kang without flashing the whole rom again??

clockworkmod flashable zip of framework-res.apk usual place.

i can see the "flicker" effect when for example pressing the back button when in an app like settings (actually gets a bit annoying!) but i don't see anything when rotating e.g. browser.

also i think they broken the lockscreen as now any type of lockscreen seems to be at the top of the screen and the widgets aren't stuck to the rotary wheel:

post-839039-0-36029500-1327347044_thumb.

Edited by sej7278

Guest Davidoff59

Just loaded the russian rom. It is the fastest rom I have ever used. Like super fast at stock speeds. Transitions work fine for me on V3. Highly recommended just to see the speed of it.

Guest Maxsas360

clockworkmod flashable zip of framework-res.apk usual place.

i can see the "flicker" effect when for example pressing the back button when in an app like settings (actually gets a bit annoying!) but i don't see anything when rotating e.g. browser.

also i think they broken the lockscreen as now any type of lockscreen seems to be at the top of the screen and the widgets aren't stuck to the rotary wheel:

post-839039-0-36029500-1327347044_thumb.

Waiting patiently.