[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Haven't flashed my phone since CM-7-06142011 (or been active here).

After reading a little bit its seems Cyanogen has stopped updated for the Blade and the new best one to go for is Burger Kangz?

Is Burger Kangz 3rd of Feb release relatively bug free? And will it provide more reliability/speed over my current build?

Edited by jblz

Guest matcho13579
Feb 3rd build is rnning perfectly here. Only issue is not having the portuguese language, is there a way to have it back?

try to copy framework-res.apk from other CM build, it should work

Can I add the languages from sej's 31 jan build to the 3feb Burger build... I whant to have swedish =)

And if I can, how do I do...

Edited by MrIcka

Hi all, I'm on burgerz 3.02. It is one of the best roms I have so far.

But... I found several issues (tested on two different ZTE Blade phones, each from RedBull Mobile shop).

My configuration:

* option ‘Allow for moving applications to SD card’ (it can be slightly different I translate this right now) is checked,

* option ‘Place of installation’ is SD card,

* I use S2E program to move application to SD card, here ‘Mount as ext4’ is checked, ‘Set read buffer’ also. Applications, Private apps and Download are on /sd-ext partition (size of /sd-ext partitions are 480MB on one phone and 620MB on the second)

* usually I use CPU freq 250/650 MHz and Lagfree or Smartass2 governors.

* on one phone I’ve installed about 90-100 applications on the second 200-300. ‘Sensitive’ applications (like widgets) are on the phone, games etc are on SD card on /sd-ext partition, SD cards are different in both phones.

* I try different launchers: standard’s rom launcher, QQLauncher and other with the same effect.

Issues I found:

1. After restart, phone has difficulties with returning to the normal working. In fact it restarts without end after loading launcher. If I try to open applications appears dialog (don’t remember it exactly) with options ‘Cancel’ (or similar) and ‘Wait’ (usually I select ‘Wait’ option) and phone restarts after some time.

The solution is remove battery for a few seconds, restart to Recovery mode then clear Dalvic cache and Partition cache (I’m not sure if clearing Partition cache is necessary). After reboot and wait slightly longer than usual phone works as a charm.

2. Sometimes when I try to install new application from SD card option ‘Install’ doesn’t work, I can only tap on ‘Cancel’. The solution I’ve described above helps.

3. MMS doesn’t work at all -operator Play (RedBull Mobile).

Both phones have similar problems, and those problems are persistent. I don’t know where I should send this information so I’ve send it here. I hope that new rom will be better.

Regards,

Jacek.

Edited by kjacek

Guest Clitheroe1

Im using burger 3rd Feb KANG.

My swype-notification-to-hide is not working. The notification gets stuck at 20% offset to left or right, and then I cant clear it, and cant even select it.

Only solution to fix it, is to reboot the phone.

Anyone else with the same issue?

I had this issue with sej's otherwise brilliant Jan 31st KANG and posted what happened on this thread a few days ago. I subsequently updated to Burger's 1st Feb KANG but the problem still persists. I generally don't swipe to remove notifications, I just press on them to go into the app but sometimes it causes the whole notification bar to freeze. I never had the problem with CM7.1 signed so I may have to go back to using that ROM unless someone knows which is the latest working KANG not to have the swipe to remove notifications feature?

Guest BurgerZ

Hi everyone!

What languages do you want to see in nex builds?

I think this way:

- Romanian

- Swedish

- Portugal

What about swipes and freezes.. I'll try to handle this issue (if it is the one, coz I had no one freeze on blades with my KANG).

Guest forbidden8

If you can, add and Bulgarian.Bw i use your 1feb rom, i have prob with wi-fi.When i switch it on, it say conected but the icon stay gray and don't have any internet.Solution?Sorry for my English.

Guest JoaoMarcelo

Hi everyone!

I think this way:

- Romanian

- Swedish

- Portugal

What about swipes and freezes.. I'll try to handle this issue (if it is the one, coz I had no one freeze on blades with my KANG).

Burgerz, please add Brazillian Portuguese. It's a litte different from the Portugal Portuguese.

I've been using your 3feb version, but I experienced problems with the alarm. It rings and I snooze it, then it rings again after the estipulated time and I shut it off. After that I tried to unlock the display but nothing happens. Maybe it's just my phone, but goes for the record.

Hi everyone!

I think this way:

- Romanian

- Swedish

- Portugal

If I was to release a rom for the public, I'd just include all the languages available. It's not going to add much to the size of it and that's about the only downside I can see.

Hi everyone!

I think this way:

- Romanian

- Swedish

- Portugal

And Polish

Guest Sulthekk

Hi everyone!

I think this way:

- Romanian

- Swedish

- Portugal

Well, what I ask for is not a language, but is stability. With any UV kernel my blade randomly reboots even at 652-670Mhz. With stock kernel, I can go on 710Mhz with no problem. I really don't understand why, because UV shouldn't affect cpu above 480Mhz... Any clues?

Hi everyone!

I think this way:

- Romanian

- Swedish

- Portugal

add portuguese portugal, tons of blade users around here ;)

Guest targetbsp

Well, what I ask for is not a language, but is stability. With any UV kernel my blade randomly reboots even at 652-670Mhz. With stock kernel, I can go on 710Mhz with no problem. I really don't understand why, because UV shouldn't affect cpu above 480Mhz... Any clues?

Are you aware that when you set a frequency it's only setting the MAX speed? The governor will lower the speed whenever the CPU is not under heavy use. So it will often be at lower frequencies and undervolted. So that's why it's crashing with the UV kernel.

Guest Sulthekk

Blades all are different in oc so, maybe mine is an unlucky one, btw, this happens on all uv kernels, so it looks like my blade stucks at the lower voltage, and this is why it becomes unstable when the clock speed increases. or at least thats the only reason i could imagine.

targetbsp: It don't happens when max clock is 632 or below...

Edited by Sulthekk

Blades all are different in oc so, maybe mine is an unlucky one, btw, this happens on all uv kernels, so it looks like my blade stucks at the lower voltage, and this is why it becomes unstable when the clock speed increases. or at least thats the only reason i could imagine.

targetbsp: It don't happens when max clock is 632 or below...

Yes, it's the main processor 'quality' that's responsible for these differences. I can remember lots of discussion about mobile versions of the AMD Athlon processor several years ago. Apparently when the chips were first manufactured they were screened and the ones that would 'switch' at the lower voltages were selected for building and use as mobile processors where lower voltages are needed to efficient battery use and run at lower temps..

Bill.

Burgerz, I don't know if it is possible, but maybe different languages should be installed separatebly by recovery or even as apk? It would probably save your time and cause that rom won't be bigger.

Maybe it could be done by resource approach, I mean file (CM7_language_eng) with property key and property value like CANCEL=Cancel in english and CANCEL='something_else_in_different_language'.

Property key is used by CM only internal, property value instead is used only to display.

When user change language it simply change property file (e.g. CM7_language_pl).

Such approach should simplify work necessary to generate new language packs.

Guest JoaoMarcelo

Burgerz, please add Brazillian Portuguese. It's a litte different from the Portugal Portuguese.

I've been using your 3feb version, but I experienced problems with the alarm. It rings and I snooze it, then it rings again after the estipulated time and I shut it off. After that I tried to unlock the display but nothing happens. Maybe it's just my phone, but goes for the record.

Burgerz, more problems with alarm. Today it was on airplane mode and with clock app open (display off). I tried rebooting to stop the alarm and nothing happened. It only stopped when I shut down the system.