[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Even after calibrating and clearing the battery stats my battery is acting strange lately

After a reboot the battery increases

For eg its 62 and after a reboot it shows 69

Guest BurgerZ

USB OTG HOST MODE does not let the phone to go in deep sleep. So your battery will last as fast as hell.

What about center clock mod, I don't think that this feature is usefull for everyone.

Guest matcho13579
USB OTG HOST MODE does not let the phone to go in deep sleep.

try to ask johnsmithx. He was successful with making USB Host on and making the phone sleep correctly. Or I can give u link to his kernel if u want.

Edited by matcho13579

See here for a link to the official guide and some of my personal tips* for setting it up: http://android.modac...67#entry1864267

If you need help with any specifics just ask and I or someone else will be able to help you.

targetbsp, hello again. I've a problem with compilation, it is probably trivia but I haven't idea how to change LOCAL_SDK_VERSION. I googled without proper answer. Trying to compile on Ubuntu 11.04. It is my result of executing: . build/envsetup.sh && brunch blade

============================================

PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL

PLATFORM_VERSION=2.3.7

TARGET_PRODUCT=cyanogen_blade

TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng

TARGET_SIMULATOR=false

TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release

TARGET_BUILD_APPS=

TARGET_ARCH=arm

TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv6-vfp

HOST_ARCH=x86

HOST_OS=linux

HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release

BUILD_ID=GINGERBREAD

build/core/java.mk:20: *** external/guava: Invalid LOCAL_SDK_VERSION '8' Choices are: current . Stop.

Guest targetbsp

targetbsp, hello again. I've a problem with compilation, it is probably trivia but I haven't idea how to change LOCAL_SDK_VERSION. I googled without proper answer. Trying to compile on Ubuntu 11.04. It is my result of executing: . build/envsetup.sh && brunch blade

build/core/java.mk:20: *** external/guava: Invalid LOCAL_SDK_VERSION '8' Choices are: current . Stop.

I'm afraid I don't know. That's not an error I encountered and I'm not all that good at Linux so unless I encountered it and fixed it I'm kinda stuck! Hang in there though, there are guys around here a lot more knowledgeable about this stuff than I am who should be able to help. :)

Guest Sulthekk

PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL

PLATFORM_VERSION=2.3.7

TARGET_PRODUCT=cyanogen_blade

TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng

TARGET_SIMULATOR=false

TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release

TARGET_BUILD_APPS=

TARGET_ARCH=arm

TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv6-vfp

HOST_ARCH=x86

HOST_OS=linux

HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release

BUILD_ID=GINGERBREAD

Have a look at this:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.handhelds.android.devel/102863

Set the variable to 'current'.

It should work that way.

Edited by Sulthekk

Hey all

Really liking targetbsp's latest kang, very smooth!

Many thanks!

I'd like to integrate the ringlock mod introduced by sej7278/sm4tik but am unsure how to do this.

On sej7278's download page there is a patch & sm4tik included a sucking_animation.patch.zip in an earlier post.

Can either of these be installed via Clockwork? (about the limit of my expertise!)

If not, can anyone link to a guide which may be of help?

sm4tik included some instructions but I'm unsure how to proceed with them, would I use them in terminal emulator?

Cheers, Paul

new 31jan build with the blade ringlock style. i like it, especially with the minimal "one ring" unlock without the mute button. for some reason when i get an incoming call it reverts to the default ringlock style

i also applied a sm4tik's changes to remove the "explosion" part of the ringlock animation, so it looks smoother, although a bit basic. the patch works on the blade, bubble and revamped styles but not holo.

i patched the kernel with the 2-way call recording but didn't bother with the undervolting.

plus the usual miui battery bar (with colour preferences) and softbuttons.

usual place. note that you don't have to apply the patches, they're for if you're compiling yourself.

Here's my latest change to frameworks/base/core/java/com/android/internal/widget/RingSelector.java to overcome the not-so-nice unlock (and other action) animation. This will change the animation to "suck in" instead of the current not-so-smooth "at your face". I've also changed the interpolator of the scaling animation so it feels right with scaling the image down. All kangers feel free to test/use/edit/discard/whatever :)

To apply the patch, cd into frameworks/base and

$ git am --signoff < /path/to/sucking_animation.patch

Guest Sulthekk

This patch must be applied to the source code, but you could modify your framework-res.apk to include it, but that's a more advanced level than installing zips in cwm.

Guest Davidoff59

Hey Sulthekk, you seem quite knowledgeable when it comes to Android. Do you do any developing, rom cooking or tweaking yourself. Can you provide any links if you do as I wouldnt mind checking them out.

Thank you for hints Sulthekk, targetbsp. Still trying resolve this issue. Here is interesting information about compilation problems.

EDIT: finally I've compiled sources. Or not?

According to ZTE Blade: Compile CyanogenMod (Linux) there should be a file "~/android/system/out/target/product/blade/update.cm-XXXXX-signed.zip"

But I haven't any of such file.

During compilation process there was a lot of warnings but I didn't noticed any error.

This is content of the ~/android/system/out/target/product/blade/ folder

drwxr-xr-x 7 jk jk 4096 2012-02-15 10:49 ./

drwxr-xr-x 3 jk jk 4096 2012-02-14 11:28 ../

-rw-r--r-- 1 jk jk 3702784 2012-02-15 06:50 boot.img

-rw-r--r-- 1 jk jk 11100 2012-02-15 07:52 clean_steps.mk

-rw-r--r-- 1 jk jk 0 2012-02-15 10:49 jk.txt

-rw-r--r-- 1 jk jk 3548808 2012-02-14 02:22 kernel

drwxr-xr-x 12 jk jk 4096 2012-02-15 06:55 obj/

-rw-r--r-- 1 jk jk 429 2012-02-15 07:52 previous_build_config.mk

-rw-r--r-- 1 jk jk 149526 2012-02-15 06:50 ramdisk.img

-rw-r--r-- 1 jk jk 2233856 2012-02-15 06:56 ramdisk-recovery.cpio

-rw-r--r-- 1 jk jk 1329710 2012-02-15 06:56 ramdisk-recovery.img

drwxr-xr-x 3 jk jk 4096 2012-02-15 06:56 recovery/

-rw-r--r-- 1 jk jk 3887104 2012-02-15 06:56 recovery.img

drwxr-xr-x 8 jk jk 4096 2012-02-15 06:50 root/

drwxr-xr-x 4 jk jk 4096 2012-02-15 06:50 symbols/

drwxr-xr-x 6 jk jk 4096 2012-02-15 06:56 system/

I'm not sure what to do next. Any hint?

Edited by kjacek

Guest Sulthekk

Hey Sulthekk, you seem quite knowledgeable when it comes to Android. Do you do any developing, rom cooking or tweaking yourself. Can you provide any links if you do as I wouldnt mind checking them out.

I'm not really an expert, I learnt everything from forums like modaco, the hungarian blade community, and I also have 2 other different phones to hack (galaxy s and defy), but I mostly play with my good ol' blade. I'm just modding the roms for my style, but I don't compile roms as I have a really old IBM T21, and it would take ages to compile, and also ics source is larger than my hdd. I'm not a rom developer, just a modder, and I can't provide links because I learnt things randomly as I met them. What I can do is testing, modding, testing, modding again.

I got a few 'tweaks' (or tweak ideas), but they are mostly under testing if they are doing anything at all. I promise I will share them if they aren't just placebo.

This patch must be applied to the source code, but you could modify your framework-res.apk to include it, but that's a more advanced level than installing zips in cwm.

Hi Sulthekk, thanks for the reply

I tried unzipping the framework-res.apk but could find no mention of "frameworks/base/core/java/com/android/internal/widget/RingSelector.java", does it need to be decompiled to modify rather than unzipped?

Cheers, Paul

Guest Sulthekk

Hi Sulthekk, thanks for the reply

I tried unzipping the framework-res.apk but could find no mention of "frameworks/base/core/java/com/android/internal/widget/RingSelector.java", does it need to be decompiled to modify rather than unzipped?

Cheers, Paul

You need apktool to modify it, and I'm not sure that it's worth the effort. It's just disabling the blow-up animation on the ring lockscreen, no real functionality has been added with it.

Also you would need to resign the apk, then create a cwm zip and flash it onto the phone.

Edited by Sulthekk

You need apktool to modify it, and I'm not sure that it's worth the effort. It's just disabling the blow-up animation on the ring lockscreen, no real functionality has been added with it.

Also you would need to resign the apk, then create a cwm zip and flash it onto the phone.

OK that's me convinced :lol:

For me it made the rom look more polished.

Thanks again for your help!

Cheers, Paul

my blade is getting better and better (with OC)

691MHz was the highest stable value so far, but now i can run it on 729MHz and now Flash-Videos run smooth enough

maybe that could help others wich had higher stable frequencies to get even higher

Guest kimomini

Its LunarUI with my center clock patch :)

Would it be possible to let me know how you centered the clock, i'm running sejs 31st jan build and have been trying to get transparent notification bar and centered clock, i've tried zdunes patcher but it doesnt seem to work for me

Guest rapier07

Would it be possible to let me know how you centered the clock, i'm running sejs 31st jan build and have been trying to get transparent notification bar and centered clock, i've tried zdunes patcher but it doesnt seem to work for me

Chech out the themes section I've made a thread for it :)

Guest kimomini

Chech out the themes section I've made a thread for it :)

Thanks i've just tried it though following ur steps and trying adw launcher and disabling the hack but it doesn't seem to work even the clock didn't center

huh.gif