[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

OK, I've been having a bit of an intermittent problem over the past few weeks and wondering if anyone had seen this or could think of a better solution than I'm coming up with.

For the past few weeks my computer has randomly been unable to connect to my phones file sharing app. I've been playing today and discovered that when I drop wifi connection (after a reboot or screen off) my computer can no longer ping the phone when it returns to the network. Even though the phone can use the network fine.

So I tried pinging the computer from the phone and no problem. Whilst doing this, I realised that causes my computer to instantly realise the phone is there and be able to communicate with it.

So, as workaround, I'm thinking of using this: http://www.appbrain.com/app/locale-execute-plug-in/de.elmicha.app.LocaleExecute in conjunction with tasker to ping my computer when I open my file sharing app.

Anyone any better solutions or got an idea how to fix this properly? All I ever seem to use tasker for is to bodge fixes for issues I shouldn't have lol.

Guest zardari

the site is not down, you probably got banned by the firewall for using a download accelerator

Sej, please make your build with the latest patches lock screen. Regards!

Guest Master One

sej7278, I have been reading up on UV, and as it seems, CPU-UV does not work properly on the ZTE Blade? I am wondering, because it seems to work without problems on my SE X10 mini pro with MiniCM-2.1.9 + nAa-11 kernel.

How about WIFI-UV, as in burstlam's KANG? Is it beneficial, and do you intend to include that feature in your KANG?

Guest ChainSOV

Fix freezes - just one file in framework folder - services.jar

Thanks for the separate download, BurgerZ

now the only thing I am missing in CM7 is an option to ring on headphones while the phone is set on vibrate

Edited by ChainSOV

Guest targetbsp

sej7278, I have been reading up on UV, and as it seems, CPU-UV does not work properly on the ZTE Blade? I am wondering, because it seems to work without problems on my SE X10 mini pro with MiniCM-2.1.9 + nAa-11 kernel.

How about WIFI-UV, as in burstlam's KANG? Is it beneficial, and do you intend to include that feature in your KANG?

UV works. it just doesn't help much - it only reduces power consumed by the CPU. But the CPU is already incredibly power efficient compared to the rest of the phone and hence the power saving is insignificant when balanced against the fact that some phones are unstable when undervolted.

It saves no power whilst the phone sleeps because the CPU is basically off, it saves no power when your interacting with the phone because it will be at a high CPU frequency where voltage is not reduced. So the only power saving occurs when the phone is not asleep but the CPU is not being used much. if at this time, the wifi is connected and/or the screen is on and/or a call is being made - all of those things will use vastly more power than the CPU making any saving insignificant.

The only time you'll even see a power saving will come from a task using the CPU constantly, but lightly, with the screen off. The only task I can think of for that is playing MP3's. But even then, the saving is single a digit percent over a days use!

As for wifi, I only tested it once but undervolted actually used more power than normal voltage. Whether this is due to it compensating for low signal (can it do that??) or the power used by wifi is just variable (the phone was same distance from the router in both tests), it clearly wasn't going to save you huge amounts of battery.

Guest targetbsp

Did anyone solved the problem with the mms on CM7?

I don't think I've ever had an MMS problem? I don't use them much at all but the few I have throughout the phones life appear to have worked.

Guest Master One

That fix is now merged.

I am confused, your posting is from yesterday, on your website you write Includes all changes up to and including "Fix display freeze happening when changing device orientation while screen is off", but the date besides your KANG says "February 15th".

I am going to try your KANG now, but does it need BurgerZ's fix-freeze.zip applied, or not?

I don't think I've ever had an MMS problem? I don't use them much at all but the few I have throughout the phones life appear to have worked.

No, it isn't. To MMS work on blade you have to open data connection but it is not enough. My doughter likes MMS so I try to solve this problem but without success.

Edited by kjacek

Guest Master One

Well, I have tested the KANGs of burstlam, sej7278 and targetbsp, but could not find any differences, they all run very well. Now I am wondering about the 2-way-recording kernel patch, which would make me switch back from targetbsp's to sej7278's ROM.

Which free 2-way call recording software is recommended to use that feature?

Will the 2-way-recording kernel patch make it into the official CM7, or asked the other way around, any reason why TomG didn't include that patch?

In 13FEB-BurgerZ rom, why the messaging app background is white ?

I already tried to replace that one with one which has black bg, nothing didn't change. I added it into rom and flashed it.

Guest Master One

I use it from first burstlams rom with 2wcr. Works good. New version "Call Recorder" from market dont work.

http://dl.dropbox.co...allRecorder.apk

Description on market tells "Does not work with bluetooth headset.", which is a no go for me, because I always only use the phone with BT headset.

Any other free alternatives worth a recommendation?

Guest lopilop

Hey people! Yesterday I was trying to solve the cm7 mms bug (without any expectation since I dont know any java language or something like it) and I apparently have got a fix for it.

Now I´m able to send mms without connecting the internet (via Wireless or via SIM card).

So, I went to Settings - Wireless & networks - Mobile networks - Access Point Names - Option Button - Reset to default (just in case you have modified something) - Internet - APN type (in my case it was "deflaut,supl") and delete "default," - Save it. After it you have to activate the "Data enabled" and then it´s done!

For some reason when you reboot you phone you have to deactivate the data and then activate it again, so every time that you turn on you phone you have to deactivate and then activate the data (at least in the sej KANG from 19th Februar").

I should say that I'm from Portugal and my carrier is TMN and that for me it worked well.

I hope I helped you.

(sorry for my bad English)

Guest blindclown

Hello,

I flashed the 7.1.0 ROM from Cyanogen and everything is great, but the GPS doesn't get any signal with Ndrive or GMaps. Any ideia how to fix this bug?

Thank you all for the help and support.

Rdgs.

...I was trying to solve the cm7 mms bug.... and I apparently have got a fix for it.

Now I´m able to send mms without connecting the internet (via Wireless or via SIM card).

So, I went to Settings - Wireless & networks - Mobile networks - Access Point Names - Option Button - Reset to default (just in case you have modified something) - Internet - APN type (in my case it was "deflaut,supl") and delete "default," - Save it. After it you have to activate the "Data enabled" and then it´s done!

For some reason when you reboot you phone you have to deactivate the data and then activate it again, so every time that you turn on you phone you have to deactivate and then activate the data (at least in the sej KANG from 19th Februar").

lopilop, unfortunately your fix doesn't work for polish Red Bull Mobile provider.

There is one thing I don't quite understand. You say that after deleting 'default' and save it ' you have to activate the "Data enabled"'.

From that point you have data connection... But IMHO the point is to obtain configuration that allow send and receive MMS without 'Data enabled'.

Phone should works properly (in area of MMS) even if 'Data enabled' is unchecked.

Guest lopilop

lopilop, unfortunately your fix doesn't work for polish Red Bull Mobile provider.

There is one thing I don't quite understand. You say that after deleting 'default' and save it ' you have to activate the "Data enabled"'.

From that point you have data connection... But IMHO the point is to obtain configuration that allow send and receive MMS without 'Data enabled'.

Phone should works properly (in area of MMS) even if 'Data enabled' is unchecked.

In all not-national Rom's the Data must be enabled to send mms! At least it was something that I read somewhere...

My "fix" is only one way to send mms without connecting to the internet (thats the mms bug)! With that configuration your device wont connect to the internet via SIM card, but still be able to send mms! Unfortunately to connect to the internet via SIM card you'll have to put the default settings (write "default," in the APN type).

Edited by lopilop

Guest MidaMilunk

Using Sej7278's latest build, I rather often find that email service keeps the phone awake.

Better Battery Stat shows this, the phone really does not "sleep" properly, and killing the service everything restores to normal!

Anyone see the same, or this is just for me? I have got a single corporate mailbox configured.

Guest Master One

targetbsp, I am curious, why did you include GAPPS in your KANG? Can you rebuild the actual version without GAPPS?

I am in the opinion, that no ROM should include GAPPS, which is the CM way, because GAPPS can always be flashed separately.

Is there any recent CM7.2-RC0 based KANG which has no GAPPS incorporated?

I am experimenting with the idea of using Android without Google. If there is no recent KANG without GAPPS, what's the easiest / fastest way of removing GAPPS from an installation?