[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

I don't include Gapps in my rom. :)

If you're upgrading from an older CM7, CM7 keeps your existing Gapps (sometimes!). if you want to remove them you would need to format system before installing the rom update.

Guest Master One

I don't include Gapps in my rom. :)

If you're upgrading from an older CM7, CM7 keeps your existing Gapps (sometimes!). if you want to remove them you would need to format system before installing the rom update.

Oh, sorry for the accusation, I have not seen before that /system can and should be formated in such a case. A new clean installation just confirmed the absence of GAPPS. :)

@youngsta2010 Yes, I know that website, that's where I downloaded his kang before. But FML I formatted /sdcard accidentally... Now I would kill for his latest kang! :-D

Is there anyone who has a fast internet connection and would be so kind to upload it to somewhere? Please. :-P

Edited by fema

Guest Master One

I wish someone could tell me the exact differences between targetbsp's and sej7278's KANG, which are not kernel related (since I now use wbaw's updated kernel).

Although I am sure it has already been asked several times, but what exactly has to be wiped in CWM when switching between the various CM7.2-RC0 based KANGs?

Guest targetbsp

Typically you just have to wipe the Dalvik cache when switching from any CM7 to another - whether it be a newer version from the same person or one from another person.

My builds are typically unaltered compilations form the CM7 sources - as if buildbot were still going. I do tend to add Blade specific changes that are under review but haven't been merged yet. It's just there haven't been any for a long time!

Sej lists in his signature what he has changed from source. And so that will pretty much be the difference between our two builds.

Guest targetbsp

They're getting set for a release candidate of CM 7.2. The changelog to that effect is in gerrit but not merged yet. Looks like they've revved up build bot ready for it!

As for the changes, because there have been none recently (except the irrelevant to us fingerprint recognition stuff), the recent KANGs already have them.

Guest kirkintokyo

Hey people! Yesterday I was trying to solve the cm7 mms bug (without any expectation since I dont know any java language or something like it) and I apparently have got a fix for it.

Now I´m able to send mms without connecting the internet (via Wireless or via SIM card).

On my blade it seem to work with the apn type set to "mms", but as you stated it still doesn't work with data off and needs to be reset after every reboot.

Hopefully this helps somebody find and fix the problem.

Perhaps it wont be an issue when cm9 is release as its a lot of new code.

Guest targetbsp

They've changed all the icons from green to ICS blue :D

Darnit! means I'm going to have to replace some of my own green themed icons on my launcher dock. :D

Guest sej7278

They've changed all the icons from green to ICS blue :D

no they just made cyanbread the default theme, that was merged days ago, you can just go back to the green system theme. (cyanbread is awful).

Guest Hans Gruber
<br />no they just made cyanbread the default theme, that was merged days ago, you can just go back to the green system theme. (cyanbread is awful).<br />
<br /><br /><br />

ahh, well I like it :P

Guest targetbsp

no they just made cyanbread the default theme, that was merged days ago, you can just go back to the green system theme. (cyanbread is awful).

Thank god! :D Explains why the version i compiled is green. My theme engine is frozen. :P

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

Nope (at least there shouldn't be). And hence I haven't uploaded my new build. :D I just wanted it on my phone to test it after having a problem repo syncing the source.

Edited by targetbsp