[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest youngsta2010

running sej 27/feb kang and found 1 problem. cpuspy shows my blade always in deep sleep (all other states are unused). anyone have the same issue? was on sej's earlier kangs and never had this problem before..

Exactly the same with me, sej 27/02 CPU Spy shows deep sleep 100% I'm running 245 min 729 max interactive gov. Also it's not really a problem but when on WiFi the 3g and hspa signal keep showing alongside the WiFi it shows both side by side, not sure what this means.

Guest sej7278

I've just done a complete wipe and installed sej's build from yesterday with the new wifi drivers on my OLED Blade and it just gives me a loop of "connecting..." followed by "disconnected"

yes that connecting....disconnected loop is the bug with the wifi drivers in the new kernel (although i thought burgez/burstlam were using the turies kernel not the new blade sources).

can anyone with this problem send a logcat to gerrit or at least state what kind of wifi you're using (wpa2 or wep etc.) and what gen2-TPT you did if any, as it does seem to be happening on a lot of white OLED gen1's, so perhaps its related to the radio firmware in the newer TPT's.

my grey OLED works fine but i used an old v5 TPT and i'm using wep on the AP i'm on at the moment.

people mixing new kernels with old roms or not wiping properly don't even get that far as the wireless module won't load, so that's not the bug, that's just user error.

Guest targetbsp

as it does seem to be happening on a lot of white OLED gen1's, so perhaps its related to the radio firmware in the newer TPT's.

my grey OLED works fine but i used an old v5 TPT and i'm using wep on the AP i'm on at the moment.

people mixing new kernels with old roms or not wiping properly don't even get that far as the wireless module won't load, so that's not the bug, that's just user error.

I TPT'd yesterday with custom sizes (using TPT Helper) on an OLED from November and wifi seems to work fine. Maybe someone affected could try that?

Guest Hans Gruber

I TPT'd yesterday with custom sizes (using TPT Helper) on an OLED from November and wifi seems to work fine. Maybe someone affected could try that?

Mine currently has a 180mb system made with tpt helper (ShakeyJake from DVDF :P) on a similarly aged grey OLED as your's and it's happening to me. Also I just flashed BurgerZ latest build and wifi is connecting no problems with that.

Guest targetbsp

Mine currently has a 180mb system made with tpt helper (ShakeyJake from DVDF :P) on a similarly aged grey OLED as your's and it's happening to me. Also I just flashed BurgerZ latest build and wifi is connecting no problems with that.

Ah-ha! Hiya! :D I almost mentioned i know someone on another forum that had the issue with newer kernels. Don't need to now. :P

I didn't know how old your phone was but it sounds like we both have the same phone TPT'd on the same day in the same way to the same sizes which I guess rules out TPT as a cause?

An issue with certain routers perhaps? I have a Netgear one

Guest Hans Gruber

Ah-ha! Hiya! :D I almost mentioned i know someone on another forum that had the issue with newer kernels. Don't need to now. :P

I didn't know how old your phone was but it sounds like we both have the same phone TPT'd on the same day in the same way to the same sizes which I guess rules out TPT as a cause?

An issue with certain routers perhaps? I have a Netgear one

I've tried it on my Virgin Media Super Hub and a Linksys WRT-54G running DD-WRT, and it won't connect to either.

edit: Didn't try WEP though (restored my working backup now) if no one else does this I'll give it a try a bit later

Edited by Hans Gruber

Guest sej7278

ok so sounds like its not the TPT then. burgez isn't using the new blade source, he uses turies afaik.

the wifi problem should only happen on kernels using the newly released blade source - so my 27feb build using tom_g's patch6 kernel and i think anything from burstlam/wbaw in the last few days.

sounds a bit desperate, but has anyone tried using wep instead of wpa2, or tried connecting to a different router (that's not already saved in wireless settings)? i'm using a bt business hub, i've got an openwrt 54gl and freebox3 i can test in a few days.

edit: targetbsp thinks like me lol

Edited by sej7278

Guest sej7278

All works fine for me.

I'm TPT v10 stock

I was on sej24/02/2012 build+wipe cache partition+wipe Dalvik cache+install an update 27/02/2012

ooh, how do you get that carrier logo - does it change when roaming?

another problem I found with sej's 27/feb build, I can only connect to my d-link router at 11mbps while previously I can get 54mbps.. other than this and the CPU Spy issue the ROM feels snappier than the previous one..

Guest targetbsp

another problem I found with sej's 27/feb build, I can only connect to my d-link router at 11mbps while previously I can get 54mbps.. other than this and the CPU Spy issue the ROM feels snappier than the previous one..

Where can you see what you're connected at? My copying form the sd card sure did take a while.

Guest Master One

Where can you see what you're connected at? My copying form the sd card sure did take a while.

Just click on the AP name in the WLAN menu.

I just checked, and I can see it's only connected at 11Mbps as well, so WLAN is not working right after all (still using sej7278's latest build), which means the same applies for the recent nightly.

Guest targetbsp

Same. :( 11mbps.

Could those unable to work have their routers configured only for g possibly?

[edit]

I just checked my router and it can be configured to g only!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Hans Gruber

Same. :( 11mbps.

Could those unable to work have their routers configured only for g possibly?

[edit]

I just checked my router and it can be configured to g only!

Hmm mine is set to G only...

Guest sej7278

Just click on the AP name in the WLAN menu.

I just checked, and I can see it's only connected at 11Mbps as well, so WLAN is not working right after all (still using sej7278's latest build), which means the same applies for the recent nightly.

lol, i never thought of clicking that before! mine is 11Mbps too and my ap is set to b/g mode (using tom_g's patch7)

so you say it was stuck at 11mbps in the nightly too?

targetbsp - is yours set to g-only (and working) or b/g?

hans gruber - yours isn't working is it (with g-only) could you try b/g mode?

i'm wondering if its stuck on 802.11B as those of us who can connect are at 11mbps

Edited by sej7278

Guest Hans Gruber

Just changed my router to mixed mode and it connected straight away... at 11mbps!

We're getting closer :D

Guest arpit22x

Sorry for the silly question .. but I am using KANG-BurgerZ 07feb and want to upgrade to 27feb without loosing any of the data or the apps installed..... Will just flashing .zip without clearing any partition do that? I mean which partition I should wipe and waht not.

lol, i never thought of clicking that before! mine is 11Mbps too and my ap is set to b/g mode (using tom_g's patch7)

so you say it was stuck at 11mbps in the nightly too?

i'm wondering if its stuck on 802.11B as those of us who can connect are at 11mbps

I am pretty sure it was ok in your previous build (19/feb, or is it 23?). I've just flashed the official nightly (update-cm-7-20120225-NIGHTLY-blade-signed.zip) and I can connect at 54.

Guest targetbsp

Mine is b/g and working. I only checked my router to see if 'g only' was even an option to see if this was a reasonable cause.

hans grubers follow up post suggest it likely is!

Guest thewild

I'm lost in all these releases...

I ma using Sej's KANG from jan 18th (works great, thanks :) ).

I'd like to update though because I have the "partitial notification swipe" bug.

If I understand the last messages correctly, the version from feb27 is not completely fine ? There is a wifi bug, but are there other differences compared to version from jan 18th ? I'm thinking about the camera drivers, for instance.

Although, if I got it right, the official CM7 build is not based on this latest ZTE source code release ? Right ? What might be missing then, knowing that sej's build works fine for me for the moment ?

Guest Master One

I am pretty sure it was ok in your previous build (19/feb, or is it 23?). I've just flashed the official nightly (update-cm-7-20120225-NIGHTLY-blade-signed.zip) and I can connect at 54.

So the latest nightly can connect with 54Mbps? I thought sej7278 uses TomG's latest kernel, so my guess was that both builds suffer from the same "stuck at 11Mbps" problem.

Quite confusing, is there any recent KANG fully working? Before I switched back to sej7278 I was trying wbaw's build, but that one would not let me connect to my BT heaset.

I am using KANG-BurgerZ 07feb and want to upgrade to 27feb without loosing any of the data or the apps installed..... Will just flashing .zip without clearing any partition do that? I mean which partition I should wipe and waht not.

Better do backup your apps and data and clear all. There are sometimes/usualy(?) problems if people avoid cleaning. Of course you can try ;-). In such case clear partition cache and Dalvic cache, then flash zip.