[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest asm19

My builds contain whats listed in the CM7 changelog only - as if buildbot were making them.

Sejs builds do that and then also add the things included in his signature. Such as the ringlock, the softbuttons and the built in ics fonts. The kernel and build date changes are now actually merged and so in any CM7 build made from yesterday onwards.

Burstlam lists the differences in his builds as he posts them: http://android.modac...ost__p__1910975

Ok, nice. Thank you. I'm with the burstlam but I'll try yours.

Done. Link and MD5 on the webpage in my signature

Is the mediafire link correct? Since from build.prop i can read

ro.build.date=Wed Feb 29 00:34:09 PST 2012

Guest targetbsp

Interesting. My VM has lost the ability to tell the time!!

it is the correct version - the feature to long press on contacts in the T9 dialler works. And the File manager is v1.1.6

Guest sm4tik

Interesting. My VM has lost the ability to tell the time!!

it is the correct version - the feature to long press on contacts in the T9 dialler works. And the File manager is v1.1.6

I remove build.prop from the output directory before each build.This way I'm sure the date etc. are correct.

Guest JudasLucifer

[in best Crocodile Dundee voice]

That's not a Gerrit search! This is a Gerrit search:

http://review.cyanog...translation,n,z

[/Crocodile Dundee]

Someone on this forum had to explain that gag to me previously as I've never seen it D:

Cm7. Ye Olde faithful. Actually thats probably the 'three old froyos'. But anyway, after all that hype with ICS and MIUI, I've come back :P

On a random note, did you know it's not ye at all? It's just the way they shortened 'th' looked like 'y'.

Time to update, and then spend hours working out what has changed :P

Edited by JudasLucifer

Guest targetbsp

Someone on this forum had to explain that gag to me previously as I've never seen it D:

That was me as well! lol Hence my clarifying it by specifying crocodile dundee this time in case I confused anyone else. :D

On a random note, did you know it's not ye at all? It's just the way they shortened 'th' looked like 'y'.

QI fan? :D

I remove build.prop from the output directory before each build.This way I'm sure the date etc. are correct.

I guess I'd better do the same now the date is shown in about phone. I'd never noticed the date before when ti was hidden away in build.prop

Edited by targetbsp

Guest JudasLucifer

That was me as well! lol Hence my clarifying it by specifying crocodile dundee this time in case I confused anyone else. :D

Haha, the irony! If that's the correct usage of the term, I know what I mean :P

You like using that reference then? Now every time I someone uses it, I will think of you :P

Now where we have the conversation last time...

QI fan? :D

I have no memory...It just came to me from somewhere in the back of my head :) But I suppose I do watch it a fair amount, and that's probably where I got it from :D

EDIT: I wouldn't have found it without Google: http://android.modaco.com/topic/345641-zte-blade-benchmark-test/

Edited by JudasLucifer

Guest sej7278

really you should clean the whole out/ directory before rebuilding, whenever i haven't its bitten me in the &%^*

Guest cowscrubber

i should also point out that while you can change the menu language back to english, the text on the menu icons remains in chinese. i'm just in the process of restoring my titanium backup so i can switch to launcher pro so i'll see if that makes a difference.

Sorry but...are you talking about Burstlam's roms?

You have to reboot to fix that. But even then, there are some apps in his rom that are really in Chinese. I remove those apps since the stock CM7 works without those apps anyway.

Guest Simono

On new kernel i can't connect to my Linksys router if I use WPA2 AES, if I use WPA2 TKIP all works. Also CPU Spy don't work properly (only display sleep time and of course to long) :(

Edited by Simono

Guest hankhandsome

Sorry but...are you talking about Burstlam's roms?

I was, but it's fine now, it's all sorted.

Apart from the fact that I woke up this morning to find i'd lost about 40% of my battery over night because the phone seems to have no slept properly. Looking at the battery usage information it has the phone as "running" at 100%.

I've stripped down a lot of the apps i don't use and don't have any alarms set or anything like that. I've turned off all the LED notifications as well so i'm a bit at a loss to see how it can be constantly awake ?

Guest emc02

with new kernel there are no frequencies shown in "CPU Spy" or "System Panel light"

in some other Apps they are shown

Is this relevant for the OS? will this be fixed or has it no priority?

was the clock speed of the GPU constant in older kernels and with the new it speeds up/down with the CPU, so you can save more battery?

Edited by emc02

Guest targetbsp

with new kernel there are no frequencies shown in "SPU Spy" or "System Panel light"

I'm not sure anyone has told TomG about it. So it certainly has no priority if they haven't. :D

Guest Simono

I'm not sure anyone has told TomG about it. So it certainly has no priority if they haven't. :D

I wite about it today on IRC chanel but no answer.

Guest sej7278

I wite about it today on IRC chanel but no answer.

probably are you're talking to the wrong person, i'd say talk to the cpuspy author, its not tom_g's problem.

Guest targetbsp

probably are you're talking to the wrong person, i'd say talk to the cpuspy author, its not tom_g's problem.

It seems that all CPU Spy actually does is echo data from a file produced by the kernel called time_in_state. Which suggests the kernel is logging itself as being in a deep sleep when it isn't.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Simono

Not sure. On older kernels iCPU Spy was working properly. Now can see only Deep Sleep. I think this data is readed from system, but now no data or writen incorectly.

Guest saransh9

with new kernel there are no frequencies shown in "CPU Spy" or "System Panel light"

was the clock speed of the GPU constant in older kernels and with the new it speeds up/down with the CPU, so you can save more battery?

No I don't think so add it is overclocked to half the cpu frequency and it was 133 earlier and for how much time does your phone runs at 266 and below