[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest sej7278

@iNoobz2Droid Those are some serious numbers. Will flash that kernel with the 29 Feb build now and test it out.

i get those figures all the time. i charge my blade once a week, i do a few calls, some wifi for updates, some sms. i don't play games on it.

if you don't use it much you can get away with 1% battery per hour easily.

Guest JolyonS

if you don't use it much you can get away with 1% battery per hour easily.

Never got anywhere near that with any ROM (and I have tried almost all of them).

I might have to let a vanilla CM7 install sit in airplane mode and see how long I get out of it (is the shutdown due to low battery event logged anywhere useful so I could get timings on this?)

Guest sej7278

Never got anywhere near that with any ROM (and I have tried almost all of them).

I might have to let a vanilla CM7 install sit in airplane mode and see how long I get out of it (is the shutdown due to low battery event logged anywhere useful so I could get timings on this?)

old battery perhaps? i never use airplane mode or 3g data, lol my smartphone doesn't get much smart usage, i should just use a nokia 3310 B)

Guest kingpair

Yeah I'm with jolyons on this. I haven't gotten that kinda usage with any cm7 rom. When the ROM's (eliteblade, moldovan) with the first undervolt came out those seemed to be fairly gentle on the battery. But they were all lacking in features and general ui smoothness. For all the wonderful features cm7 provides it has never implemented that undervolt thing well. But for me a rom without a call blacklist and a smooth typing experience is a deal breaker so I keep coming back to cm7.

Guest iNoobz2Droid

i get those figures all the time. i charge my blade once a week, i do a few calls, some wifi for updates, some sms. i don't play games on it.

i doubt u got this usage on the march builds of burgerz roms or the other CM7 rom with tons of added stuff http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1532921 (at least the version 1 week ago i tried)

they all have eaten my battery alive with massive drain (battery lasted not even a day without usage)

there must be something wrong on newest CM7 merges or the new kernel or the other added stuff

oh and i recommend not using smartassV2 but ondemand because it makes a noticeable difference in battery usage without being really noticeable in smoothness (i use my blade from 100-729Mhz)

Edited by iNoobz2Droid

Guest nitsy01

Have been using Burgerz's 13th feb rom and would agree that the battery drain has been persistent. I have had this since the new kernel came in and had reported this earlier too. I manage to get a day out of the battery with some use ie mostly calls, some songs/FM. But the drain is much more than Sej's Nov/Dec build. But the smoothness has vastly improved since then and hence sticking with the latest builds...no issues charging the phone each day! A bit more juice on the battery would have been best. Can some some one point out what are the apps that are frozen? also somebody did mention somewhere that CPU spy doesnt work on the latest builds...it always shows that the phone is in deep sleep, I too get the same date on CPU spy..but my phone never goes into deep sleep. battery use shows that Android system, display are on top of the list. and sensor usage shows that Dialer and android system are on top! Have noticed that music plays very well in this build!

Guest Davidoff59

I have seen 100% battery after 8 hours with no use with cm7 based Roms. Cm7 itself seems to use a bit more power on idle like the 1% per hour on idle

Guest hankhandsome

Do you keep your wifi/3g on overnight or do you use airplane mode? Yeah I've frozen a lot of that junk too but it just doesn't seem to help.

I usually only ever use 2G mode as the 3G reception where I live is terrible. I only switch WiFi on when I need it but usually I just leave the phone as it is - turned on and ready to use. I don't use airplane mode at all.

Guest Benoe

The fault is presumably in the new CM7 Blade kernel then. Not sure how you'd go about reporting that now the update has been merged and you're not meant to report issues with nightlies. It'd be worth checking the latest CM nightly to make absolutely sure that it's nothing I've done!

My blade is also not sleeping with the latest nightly (update-cm-7-20120312-NIGHTLY-blade-signed.zip) when the wifi is turned on.

Guest kingpair

Update: This 29 Feb burgerz rom with the undervolt kernel certainly seems to be better for battery life. It might be too early to make any accurate estimates, but going by the first day of testing this has by far been the best any cm7 rom has behaved on the FIRST day after flashing in a long while.

18 hours now on battery with wifi on all the time. Gmail set to push, whatsapp and gtalk syncing all the time, gps disabled, location disabled, bunch of system apps frozen(will put up a list if anybody is interested). I'm also in an area where network strength ranges between 80 to 90 percent and wifi strength ranges between moderate to abysmal.

Breakdown : 8 hours overnight, 2 hours of internet usage (mostly opera mini and tapatalk), 5 minute phone call, around 5 text messages, 3 emails and random switching on to check the time. Battery has dropped 38 percent (with a four percent overnight drain).

Just to give you a comparison, burgerz 13 Mar build with similar usage and new kernel would drain around 60 to 70 percent with a 10 percent overnight drain of the battery if memory serves. Before that I was on burstlam's n361x which was slightly better but not by much. Again I'm talking first day readings.

Of course this being the first charge cycle, take all my readings with a pinch of salt. More later. Cheers.

Edited by kingpair

Guest kjacek

Friend, i don't know why but after flashing your zip i get the android splash.. nothing more...

wait 5 min,

if nothing happend, open phone, remove battery, wait about 10seconds,

put battery again to phone,.and simply start it.

Then I suggest full wipe phone and flash it again.

Guest targetbsp

Friend, i don't know why but after flashing your zip i get the android splash.. nothing more...

Worked for me! I'm not using it currently though. It's for those that have wifi sleep issues.

I might switch to it one day because I don't think the new wifi connects quite as reliably and I don;t think it has any actual advantages over the old one to counter that slight con!

Guest DoubleM101

For who asked.. Yes i had calibrated the battery a lot of times.. No success at all.. The battery life it´s ok, with few use, it´s ok for +- 4 days.

The problem it´s the % drop not being linear. For example, today at launch time (at 1PM), it says 49% (after 3 days of use). At 4pm it says 21% and now at 5pm it says 5% almost dying sad.gif

This problem occur since i use CM 7.1.. Stable and nightlies..

On charging it´s the opposite. % raises very fast on begin and then slows and slows..

Edited by DoubleM101

Guest sm4tik

Looking at squadzones "recalculate voltage" commit to his kernel, the battery % level is fully dependent on battery voltage. I'd suspect batteries behave differently with how they handle their voltage drop while still being able to hold the specified mAh.

Edited by sm4tik

Guest DoubleM101

Looking at squadzones "recalculate voltage" commit to his kernel, the battery % level is fully dependent on battery voltage. I'd suspect batteries behave differently with how they handle their voltage drop while still being able to hold the specified mAh.

For that table it seems something is wrong..

Mine is charging and it´s at 24%.. with Spare Parts it reads 3723mV.. For that table at it should be at 30´s..

Guest sm4tik

For that table it seems something is wrong..

Mine is charging and it´s at 24%.. with Spare Parts it reads 3723mV.. For that table at it should be at 30´s..

I've not checked what the table in the current kernel looks like, but the point was, batteries behave differently with their voltages and so will the battery %. It's been said before and I'll say it again (not pointed directly to you DoubleM101), once you know how non-linear your battery % is, you'll know when to charge :)

Guest DoubleM101

I've not checked what the table in the current kernel looks like, but the point was, batteries behave differently with their voltages and so will the battery %. It's been said before and I'll say it again (not pointed directly to you DoubleM101), once you know how non-linear your battery % is, you'll know when to charge :)

Thats what i´m doing.. For example, now it´s a 47% and on Spare Parts it´s only at 3791mV.. It raises about 23% on indicator and only 63mV