[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest GoNz0

It's the wifi as far as I'm hearing from people

im losing 10% battery in 2 hours without wifi, only data enabled and hotmail + gmail set to push.

Guest mickey megabyte

34 downloads of the old kernel so far so it does seem to be more than a couple affected!

just to muddy the waters a bit more, i'm perfectly fine with the new kernel (ie the original one included in your 8 march kang) - phone sleeps and wifi behaves as it should...

Guest sej7278

That new kernel source is not that great, that's true. I'm also having a little more battery drain than usual with that kernel. And wifi has a lot of bugs (sometimes doesn't reconnect, phone doesn't sleep, wifi analizer doesnt detect any network most of times...) Maybe it would be a good idea to revert the wifi kernel module to the older version no? I don't know that other features did that update bring since we are still on 2.6.35...

yes i'm seeing wifi isn't 100% reliable and battery life isn't as good as with the old kernel (doubt its the adreno libs).

burstlam seems to have reverted to the old kernel

CM 7.2-RC1 got merged

Guest hankhandsome

funny thing is, i unplugged the charger at 9am this morning fully charged at 100%. 18 minutes later i'd lost 7% of battery. checked the processes and for some bizarre reason the game "fragger" was running in the background !

Guest emc02

I've just got a strange screenpic, blade freezes during updating some Apps in Market (with wifi) and showed pixels in all colors randomly on screen. Never seen that before, maybe its a problem with new kernel?

Someone else got such problem?

Will now revert to old kernel.

Guest samizu

Happened to me too, when i had 17% battery and watching youtube videos, and suddenly screen was full of pixels and rebooted... so its because of kernel.

Guest ziyan

I have the wifi sleep problem too, and that random color thing happened once for me last week, but I use my phone for ~2 hours every day since that without problems.

The new kernel will be fine for me when the wifi sleep problem gets fixed.

Guest lopilop

Can anyone do a summary about the last ROMS based on CM7 and to which it belongs?

Whitch are the best?

I´ve been away for some time.. And I have no time to test all those ROMS (School is killing me) but my Blade needs new ROM now because it reboots a lot lately..

Guest oxyg3n89

with 7.2.0 RC0-blade-Kang march8 i can not get vibrator working on SMS app,even it is activated in default profile general settings. Can someone confirm that ?  

Guest nitsy01

Funny! just an update..my blade is now going into deep sleep mode from yesterday nightlaugh.gif. i noticed it when it was around 17% and it stayed the same until morning and hadn't kept it on airplane mode . Cant recollect having made any changes anywhere. Had charged it fully yesterday morning and was at 17% since 8pm onwards! Charged it again yesterday night and have done around 20min of call and some texting and its at 75% at 7pm with data on! so its back in business, afraid to reboot it as something might go wrong and put it back in the battery draining situation. I do recollect ticking off use only 2G option to save battery yesterday, but had a look today to check whether it was due to me ticking it off, however found that the tick is surprisingly still there. Dont think i had rebooted it, just some freezes when i tried to connect a bluetooth headset(i couldnt connect it anyways as it was not getting discovered).

Edited by nitsy01

Guest kingpair

Can anyone do a summary about the last ROMS based on CM7 and to which it belongs?

Whitch are the best?

I´ve been away for some time.. And I have no time to test all those ROMS (School is killing me) but my Blade needs new ROM now because it reboots a lot lately..

Try burgerz 29 feb rom with the old kernel and adreno libs. Links are put up about 2 to 3 pages back. Thats the best for battery life. For pure performance the latest burgerz build or burstlam's build will serve you well but at the cost of battery life. For vanilla build use targetbsp's 8 Mar build (links in his sig). Havent tried any sej builds lately.

Guest saransh9

Try burgerz 29 feb rom with the old kernel and adreno libs. Links are put up about 2 to 3 pages back. Thats the best for battery life. For pure performance the latest burgerz build or burstlam's build will serve you well but at the cost of battery life. For vanilla build use targetbsp's 8 Mar build (links in his sig). Havent tried any sej builds lately.

I think 29 Feb had old kernel

Guest kingpair

I think 29 Feb had old kernel

I meant the old undervolted kernel which i got from inoobz2droid's post.

the first burgerz roms with new kernel and stuff in march drained my battery very quick

i use the last of February http://burgerz.pro/f...FEB-BurgerZ.zip with new adreno libs and build.prop tweakhttp://android.modac...3d-performance/ and the undervolt kernel http://letitbit.net/...ip.html?lang=de

Edited by kingpair

Guest saransh9

I meant the old undervolted kernel which i got from inoobz2droid's post.

the first burgerz roms with new kernel and stuff in march drained my battery very quick

i use the last of February http://burgerz.pro/f...FEB-BurgerZ.zip with new adreno libs and build.prop tweakhttp://android.modac...3d-performance/ and the undervolt kernel http://letitbit.net/...ip.html?lang=de

I too use that but with beats and the new kernel came from march and all burgerz ROM had undervolt kernel

Guest kingpair

The UV kernel (lets call it 'A') which I mentioned in my previous post is the same kernel that targetbsp or sej (not sure who) released around January if I'm not mistaken. The UV kernel ( B ) in the 29th Feb build has been tweaked by burgerz. I found A to have better battery life than B. I didn't test it extensively so it could also have been just a placebo. For all I know A and B are exactly the same and that would make this post irrelevant but this is just my .02$.

Edited by kingpair

Guest saransh9

The UV kernel (lets call it 'A') which I mentioned in my previous post is the same kernel that targetbsp or sej (not sure who) released around January if I'm not mistaken. The UV kernel in the 29th Feb build has been tweaked by burgerz. I found A to have better battery life than B. I didn't test it extensively so it could also have been just a placebo. For all I know A and B are exactly the same and that would make this post irrelevant but this is just my .02$.

K that was a nice explanation

Guest Cata_Simi

Burstlam released a new ROM

[March 17] N382X-35: http://115.com/file/be27g9wh # N382X-signed.zip

[March 17] N382X-ODEX 35: http://115.com/file/anmguzf0-the # N382X-ODEX-signed.zip

Description (Google Translate):

Busy at work today in order to squeeze a little time to do this part of the update.

For incoming calls and cm comes with an alarm clock by adding a reverse mute function is enabled by default.

Also try to use the size of the light from the sense of tune than the ringtones. Above in cm menu> audio part of the adjustment.

All v880 + hardware does not speak, it is also the source of the problem.

ZTE source, but it is still a development time of the mirror. Supports up to the machine in October, November possible hardware backplane voltage does not like. This is not my ability to amend.

Edited by Cata_Simi

Guest samizu

What's the difference between odex and normal? And what languages are included?

And the links wont work... can someone upload again? To mediafire?

Edit: ok they work but it takes a long time...

Edited by samizu