[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

Is there any tutorial for building an upgraded version of CWM (in particulary CWM Touch) ?

The volume button on our blade are so damn hard to press. I've tried CWM Touch on a friend's Optimus Black P970 and it's a lot better than our "old" CWM.

There was one made for our blade but it didn't work. It'll appear here when there is one: http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager

How you go about doing it yourself - I don't know.

There's also a thread on this forum somewhere of a kinda unofficial one that someone made ages ago, before the official CWM Touch existed. So it's clearly possible.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

The thought occurs that as there's just been a stable release, RC1, anyone using that version should be able to report the wifi sleep problem on the issue tracker with the appropriate logs etc.

Guest Simono

The thought occurs that as there's just been a stable release, RC1, anyone using that version should be able to report the wifi sleep problem on the issue tracker with the appropriate logs etc.

I'm on official RC1 and for me it's all OK. I switch WiFi on (set tu not disable if connect) wait 2 minutes and I cannot wakeup by Menu button, only witch Power button.

Edited by Simono

Guest targetbsp

I'm on official RC1 and for me it's all OK. I switch WiFi on (set tu not disable if connect) wait 2 minutes and I cannot wakeup by Menu button, only witch Power button.

That's not the problem though*. Read my earlier post, top of this page. And kingpairs posts throughout this page.

I'd previously done the same test as you and figured I had no problem. But actually it sleeps fine (for me) but it still thrashes the battery. I for one aren't affected because I automate my wifi off with the screen. But plenty of people are. :)

[edit]

*Though I accept that I did just misleadingly call it the 'wifi sleep problem' in the previous post. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest kingpair

Yup it isn't a sleep problem. My phone sleeps fine too and is unwakeable with the hardware buttons.

I'm seeing the same issue on the rc1.0. Bug reporting time!

Guest targetbsp

Cool! If you (or anyone else) does make a report, post a link here so we can star it! Personally I couldn't even find the site earlier in google lol.

Guest youngsta2010

@kingpair from your log,

===========Other Usage===========

Wifi On (): 2 h 20 m 18 s (8418 s) Ratio: 100.0%

Awake (): 2 h 19 m 42 s (8382 s) Ratio: 99.6%

Screen On (): 11 m 1 s (661 s) Ratio: 7.9%

That tells me your phone isn't sleeping. Or maybe I'm just misinterpreting?

Edited by youngsta2010

Guest Cata_Simi

That's not the problem though*. Read my earlier post, top of this page. And kingpairs posts throughout this page.

I'd previously done the same test as you and figured I had no problem. But actually it sleeps fine (for me) but it still thrashes the battery. I for one aren't affected because I automate my wifi off with the screen. But plenty of people are. :)

How did you do that ?

Guest targetbsp

How did you do that ?

I use Tasker, which both costs and is complicated to set up. But I also use it for a dozen other things so it's worth it for me.

I understand that the app called Greenpower will do it for free - and easier.

Guest Cata_Simi

I use Tasker, which both costs and is complicated to set up. But I also use it for a dozen other things so it's worth it for me.

I understand that the app called Greenpower will do it for free - and easier.

Thank you, will test that right away

Edited by Cata_Simi

Guest kingpair

@kingpair from your log,

That tells me your phone isn't sleeping. Or maybe I'm just misinterpreting?

Yeah youre right, but cpu spy shows my phone to be in deep sleep 99 percent of the time. And like I said the phone isn't wakeable by pressing the hardware buttons so that indicates to me that the phone is indeed sleeping. That dichotomy is something that goes completely above my head.

The better battery stats forum indicates that there are other similar rom dumps and their solution is to turn off the wifi when not in use or change the rom/kernel, which to me doesn't solve the problem. Tasker doesnt solve the problem either because i need the internet connection at all times as opposed to every fifteen minutes when not in use.

What i wanted to point out with that dump was that the battery drain was due to the kernel and not due to any rogue apps that I may have installed.

I've sent feedback to the cyanogenmod chaps. Lets see what comes of it.

Guest youngsta2010

CPU Spy says mine is 100% deep sleep on RC1. I thought this problem was fixed, it worked on Swedish Snow with the new kernel source.

Does anyone know if the volume key cursor controls in text boxes can be ported to CM7? It works great on SS RLS6 one thing I miss. This is the original post.

android.modaco.com/topic/313953-mod-use-volume-updown-keys-as-d-pad-leftright-when-soft-keyboard-is-shown/

Guest targetbsp

CPU Spy says mine is 100% deep sleep on RC1. I thought this problem was fixed

Well... as you can see... it's not. :D

There's been no updated kernel for CM7 since the original one based on the Blade source.

Guest sm4tik

Well... as you can see... it's not. :D

There's been no updated kernel for CM7 since the original one based on the Blade source.

There's a fix available though and Tom's already merged it to the kernel source, but it didn't make it to the kernel update before it was merged.

Guest sm4tik

Anyone having the described battery problems related to wifi with burstlam's latest build? I can see it has the new wifi libs, but I know the kernel is different.

Edited by sm4tik

Guest KonstaT

CPU Spy says mine is 100% deep sleep on RC1. I thought this problem was fixed, it worked on Swedish Snow with the new kernel source.

Does anyone know if the volume key cursor controls in text boxes can be ported to CM7? It works great on SS RLS6 one thing I miss. This is the original post.

android.modaco.com/topic/313953-mod-use-volume-updown-keys-as-d-pad-leftright-when-soft-keyboard-is-shown/

CPU Spy issue is fixed in Tom G's kernel source but that was after the new kernel was already merged into CM7.

Yeah, just adding that code and compiling should do it. It's easy with CyanogenMod when you have the luxury of source code. ;)

Actually the same feature is now in review for CM9, but it only works with the stock keyboard.

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,12974

Guest sm4tik

That's one of the best ideas ever! Moving the typing cursor is such a pain.

The only downside will be when using an app that uses vol keys like the terminal app does. That said, it's one of the newer things I'm supposed add to my builds.

Guest sej7278

There's a fix available though and Tom's already merged it to the kernel source, but it didn't make it to the kernel update before it was merged.

test build of RC1 with tom_g's slightly newer kernel with the cpuspy fix: usual place