[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Psyloid

The 7.2RC1 would be a pretty good choice.

ok, good, where can i find it? got a DL link to that (sorry got no time to search, i am very busy at the moment)

Thank you

Guest asm19

did anyone report the battery problems with the rc1 kernel, before we get another kernel based on the new blade source with the same problems....?

@sej7278, I'm with CM 7.2.0-RC1 sej20120320 and it seems you are spending a lot of battery, even in sleep mode. He seems to go intosleep but spends battery...

He noticed the same?

Guest sej7278

@sej7278, I'm with CM 7.2.0-RC1 sej20120320 and it seems you are spending a lot of battery, even in sleep mode. He seems to go intosleep but spends battery...

He noticed the same?

yup, same kernel in official RC1 and the recent nightlies, so all have the problem - in my opinion its not just related to auto-wifi mode, as i turn my wifi off manually and noticed battery life sucks.

which is why i'm worried that nobody seems to have reported the issue on the issues tracker for 7.2.0 RC1 (you can report RC1 but not nightlies/custom builds) and tom_g has just put a new kernel on gerrit without any fixes for battery life problems (just camera) so i guess he doesn't know about it.

Guest Cata_Simi

yup, same kernel in official RC1 and the recent nightlies, so all have the problem - in my opinion its not just related to auto-wifi mode, as i turn my wifi off manually and noticed battery life sucks.

which is why i'm worried that nobody seems to have reported the issue on the issues tracker for 7.2.0 RC1 (you can report RC1 but not nightlies/custom builds) and tom_g has just put a new kernel on gerrit without any fixes for battery life problems (just camera) so i guess he doesn't know about it.

I've notieced that battery drain is only in your build (burgerz's 20 march have in fact really good battery life with wifi off) but all of them have the wifi problem, may be just my case but i doubt about it

Edited by Cata_Simi

Guest sej7278

Outside of the wifi issue I've not noticed much of a problem. Is it very noticeable or fairly subtly worse for you?

it might be that i'm just using my phone more lately. my 20th build with the cpuspy fix seems better than the previous build with the RC1 kernel.

Guest ty_hot

I am using the march 20 Burgerz Rom. It is incredbly unstable (lots of times when I restart the phone it starts to crash and i have to restart it again).

And it eats battery a lot.

Which ROM should I use? I have my wifi turned on most of the ti,e

Guest Cata_Simi

Use sej Mar 19 build with the old kernel from targetbsp's site. Best battery life I've had with cm7 ever.

Burgerz 20 mar with wifi manualy turned off is also very good, have you tried that?

Guest MidaMilunk

I am using the march 20 Burgerz Rom. It is incredbly unstable (lots of times when I restart the phone it starts to crash and i have to restart it again).

And it eats battery a lot.

Which ROM should I use? I have my wifi turned on most of the ti,e

I have also used that one for days without any problem... strange!

Guest Master One

I just stumbled over the following sentence at xda-developers concerning the nAa kernel for the SE X10 mini pro:

With the nAa kernel/CWM, multiboot/encryption is NOT yet supported
I don't care about multiboot, but I find encryption very interesting.

Is any kind of encryption supported on the Blade with CM7?

I don't know what possibilities there are, but one have to keep in mind, that if you have a lot of data, passwords, whatever on your phone, and it gets stolen or lost, full system + SDcard encryption may be a good idea.

BTW I can see a lot of kernel / wifi / battery drainage confusion, so I guess right now the best bet would be the official CM7-RC1 + old kernel & wifi from targetbsp's site, and optionally the new Adreno libs CWM zip, right?

Guest kingpair

Burgerz 20 mar with wifi manualy turned off is also very good, have you tried that?

Nope. I've been on this rom for a week now and I don't see myself switching for a while. Not until that wifi kernel bug is fixed anyway.

Guest targetbsp

Not until that wifi kernel bug is fixed anyway.

The problem there is everyone is running a custom build so I can't see that it's actually even been reported as an issue yet!

Guest kingpair

The problem there is everyone is running a custom build so I can't see that it's actually even been reported as an issue yet!

I did send them an email regarding it but it seems it hasn't been registered. Or maybe I just did it wrong. :P

At the time I was running rc1.

Guest Simono

I'm on official RC1. But what I must log with logcat, switching Wifi on and off? What else? For me also with Wifi manual switched off observed some battery drain but I don't know how describe it.

Guest sej7278

That's the other problem! How do you log the fact that the battery drains faster than you'd like? :D

i guess a logcat may show any wakelocks - for instance tom_g had to add a wakelock to the new zte blade sourcecode to keep the screen on whilst making a call, perhaps that is over-active or something.

Guest sm4tik

i guess a logcat may show any wakelocks - for instance tom_g had to add a wakelock to the new zte blade sourcecode to keep the screen on whilst making a call, perhaps that is over-active or something.

I think the taos wakelock has been there for ages, but it had to be re-merged after updating the source. Could be that it's causing some side effects with the new source, but I doubt it. I've been testing CFX lately so count me out for testing for a while :) I do hope the sleeping wifi drainer thing gets solved. I'm noticing the same with CFX (or atleast a heck of a lot more draining with wifi on whilst sleeping than with old CM7 kernel/wifi). The kernel in CFX is Tom's aswell so maybe the wifi thing in both are related and have not been noticed?

edit: Please someone file a bug report on the wifi issue with a logcat e.g. a couple of hours of sleep with wifi on or even without a logcat. If Tom needs more specific info, I'm sure he'll ask for it. I'd do it, but as I said, I'm on CFX for now.

Edited by sm4tik

Guest Smiff2

my notification area sometimes hangs - i can pull down/up fine, but can't click anything on it. seems i have to restart phone to clear it (?!)

is this a known issue? my build is a month or two Sej KANG.

edit: thanks targetbsp below. will update when i get time.

Edited by Smiff2