[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest lohikko

Is it just my blade or the drawer in CM7.2 KANG March 26th lags? I'm used to the 3D app drawer in BurguerZ builds and it runs very smooth to me.

Also I feel that switching through different desktop screens runs better in KANG than in BurguerZ.

Is there any way to improve drawer's perfomance?

Guest targetbsp

Are the roms using a different launcher? I'm not sure which March 26th KANG you are referring to. I snuck out a release yesterday but didn't tell anyone about so you're eagle eyed if it's that! And if it is, then it's using the stock launcher which ships with CM7. This is crap* and you are expected to use an alternate launcher of your choice. BurgerZ may have changed the default launcher in his rom perhaps?

*In fact, I hinted at that in the post just before yours. :D

Guest lohikko

Are the roms using a different launcher? I'm not sure which March 26th KANG you are referring to. I snuck out a release yesterday but didn't tell anyone about so you're eagle eyed if it's that! And if it is, then it's using the stock launcher which ships with CM7. This is crap* and you are expected to use an alternate launcher of your choice. BurgerZ may have changed the default launcher in his rom perhaps?

*In fact, I hinted at that in the post just before yours. :D

Yes, I just clicked on your signature and saw your last release :)

I read what you said about that in your last post, but didn't understand it, now I do.

Thanks a lot! =D

Edited by lohikko

Guest targetbsp

TomG just put up a new kernel to go in his test rom for fixing the wifi battery drain: http://code.google.c...ail?id=5008#c23

This is for use with the rom in comment 11!

You can flash it via adb, or copy it into the rom zip before flashing the rom. I'm making a CWM update for it which I'll post here as soon as I've tested it myself.

Here: http://blade.windows98.co.uk/downloads/cm7-new-kernel-old-wifi-test.zip

Edited by targetbsp

Guest sm4tik

The problem is more that CM7 is so good than CM9 being rubbish.

That's exactly it :D

I'm testing Tom's test rom with the new boot.img, so far so good but it's been only an hour or so since I flashed it so it's a bit hard to say about the battery life.

Guest targetbsp

Mine has gone down 2% in 2 and a half hours which is looking good to me compared to losing 50% overnight with the old err... new wifi!

Guest leripe

That's exactly it :D

I'm testing Tom's test rom with the new boot.img, so far so good but it's been only an hour or so since I flashed it so it's a bit hard to say about the battery life.

Comment 24 by [email protected], Today (2 hours ago)

I can confirm that the crash is now fixed. I'll obviously have to test a lot longer for the battery issue.

Here's a CWM update containing the kernel: http://blade.windows...d-wifi-test.zip

You need to be using the test rom in comment 11.

so, i have that test rom installed, then i installed that cwm zip with the method: "install zip from sd", but it didnt help with the wifi problem. do i need to wipe+reset before installing that zip? 

Edited by leripe

Guest targetbsp

By 'wifi problem' do you mean the battery draining fast when you're not using the phone? Because that's all this combination is intended to fix.

Guest leripe

By 'wifi problem' do you mean the battery draining fast when you're not using the phone? Because that's all this combination is intended to fix.

i meant the problem: wifi on+phone sleep=phone 'dead'. which i have on that rc0 version.

The latest version has issues with wifi draining the battery. So now is not the best time to update if you don't especially need to.

If you do need to, apply this after flashing the rom: http://blade.windows...-old-kernel.zip

Or use the test version we are discussing above.

cool. thanks. I do kinda need to cos I've been testing a few different roms but none are working for me. Where can I get the latest version and/or the test ROM

Guest targetbsp

cool. thanks. I do kinda need to cos I've been testing a few different roms but none are working for me. Where can I get the latest version and/or the test ROM

The test rom is here: http://code.google.c...ail?id=5008#c11

For the latest version other than that you may as well use the CM 7.2 RC1 which was released officially recently and so is in Rom Manager

i meant the problem: wifi on+phone sleep=phone 'dead'. which i have on that rc0 version.

Under settings -> about phone, does your kernel version show as #56?

Edited by targetbsp

Guest leripe

The test rom is here: http://code.google.c...ail?id=5008#c11

For the latest version other than that you may as well use the CM 7.2 RC1 which was released officially recently and so is in Rom Manager

Under settings -> about phone, does your kernel version show as #56?

yes, thanks for quick replys btw

Edited by leripe

Guest leripe

I'm at a loss then. :( That's the version I have and it sleeps and awakes fine for me.

okay now it works. i think the problem was that when i flashed the fix zip, i had before that wifi died the phone so when i booted up after the fix zip the wifi was on.

so i turned wifi off+shutdown phone+battery remove+reboot phone=works as in if wifi is on when phone goes sleep it doesn't 'die'. :)

Is the test zip from tomg flashable over your build targetbsp or should i flash the "old wifi+old kernel" downloadable from your page? My battery dropped from 35 to 5% in 2 hour (wifi on, screen off) while i was playing with my NDS :D

Guest targetbsp

Thanks mate. I went for CM7.2 RC1. I need my phone in working order, cant be testing other stuff for now!

OK, but in that version the wifi massively drains the battery during sleep. So make sure to turn it off when you're not using it! or flash the old kernel I linked in post 13566

Guest targetbsp

Is the test zip from tomg flashable over your build targetbsp or should i flash the "old wifi+old kernel" downloadable from your page? My battery dropped from 35 to 5% in 2 hour (wifi on, screen off) while i was playing with my NDS :D

You have to use TomG's version. I do have a version to flash over my rom but we need TomG's one tested so I'm not releasing it and not even using it myself.

Guest Cata_Simi

I am testing Tom's test kernel, my battery gone down 3% (from 83 to 80 in sleep mode) in about 30-40 minutes with wifi off, something's wrong i think

Edited by Cata_Simi

Guest targetbsp

That's not really a long enough test considering how pants the battery gauge is.

Bear in mind this shouldn't really be worse than any previous release. What this is, is the current kernel with the old wifi. There's nothing actually new.

Edited by targetbsp