[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Cata_Simi

That's not really a long enough test considering how pants the battery gauge is.

Bear in mind this shouldn't really be worse than any previous release. What this is, is the current kernel with the old wifi. There's nothing actually new.

I dont know, but after another 20 minutes i've lost another 2%, battery shouldnt go down that fast considering that i've flashed the kernel with the phone plugged so i decided to go back to your old kernel that makes my life easier

However I think this one is a battery eater too, you'll see over the night, if the test show up otherwise I will give it another try

Edited by Cata_Simi

Guest leripe

I dont know, but after another 20 minutes i've lost another 2%, battery shouldnt go down that fast considering that i've flashed the kernel with the phone plugged so i decided to go back to your old kernel that makes my life easier

However I think this one is a battery eater too, you'll see over the night, if the test show up otherwise I will give it another try

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=5008&q=model%3DBlade&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Version%20Model%20Network%20Owner%20Summary%20Stars%20Priority

someone have also reported that with the wifi crash fix the phone doesnt sleep so if thats so then that amount of draining is kinda understandable. but anyhow still something is wrong

Guest targetbsp

Mine has used only 10% in 6 hours. I think that is pretty good for wifi on? I'm happy with it

Guest targetbsp

Soo, does disabling scrolling cache really makes scrolling smoother? What's the best option for it, default or force disabled?

I think it's automatic depending upon the situation in any recent enough version of the rom?

Guest targetbsp

http://code.google.c...tars%20Priority

someone have also reported that with the wifi crash fix the phone doesnt sleep so if thats so then that amount of draining is kinda understandable. but anyhow still something is wrong

That's a good point, failure to sleep would explain it. Someone on another forum has also said it doesn't sleep.

Works great for me. Wonder what I'm doing different? :D

Guest Simono

I report that with wifi fix my phone don't sleep. From 22:30 to 6:00 my phone was sleeping only 2 minutes and baterry goes from 72% to 27%.

After how many minutes the phone should go to deep sleep status? Mine still wakes up with Menu button 4 mins after i locked it with the new kernel.

EDIT: Interesting, after i locked and then unlocked my phone, wifi is still on, but there is no connection and i can't send or recieve a single bit untill i restart my wifi interface. Should i run a logcat?

Edited by Cusy

Guest Simono

I gues > 1 if do something (system)

I back to test ROM without WiFi fix and sleep again OK but of course is bug with sleep with WiFi on :)

Edited by Simono

Here's the logcat: http://pastebin.com/qXfWj6Xn

Step i did:

- Turn on wifi

- Wait 2 mins

- Turn off screen

- Wait 2 mins

- Turn on screen

- Switched to browser

- Tried to connect to google.com

- Wait for 2 mins, no loading

This is how my blade shows Google.com after locking and unlocking the screen with wifi on.

f1hEz.png

Using targetbsp builds with Tomg custom kernel (idk if my logcat can be accepted on the official CM tracker, since i don't run RC1 or 7.1)

EDIT: Flashed old kernel (cm7-old-kernel.zip package from targetbsp's site) and my blade goes to deepsleep and doesn't have the wifi connection issue i've seen with Tomg's kernel. I'll reflash testing kernel later this afternoon, since i've to go out now and i need battery.

Edited by Cusy

Guest targetbsp

The kernel can't be used on my build. My build doesn't include the wifi modules which we are testing. you have to use Toms test rom to test this.

Guest alex2011

I had a strange problem with CM7.1 and recently I tried the CM7.2 builds of Sej7278 and Targetbsp but the problem remains.

In short, when I boot my phone, I have around 110MB of free internal storage. After some days (2-5) of normal usage without rebooting, the free internal storage gradually decreases from 100MB to 20MB until I get a notification of "low space". Only when I reboot the phone, the free space goes back to 110MB.

Did anyone have this issue? I can't pinpoint the problem, could it be an app that eats up the free space or is it a bug of the CM ROMs? I don't have that problem with other non-CM ROMs.

Guest targetbsp

I guess it would have to be an app. I've never seen it and no-one else has reported it (and I follow this thread religiously so I would have seen it. :D )

Guest targetbsp

Actually I know what that is! Market downloads (including app updates) are diverted to data because you have no cache partition. They get cleared out by rebooting or you can delete them manually in root explorer. I've always wondered why it doesn't delete those itself after installing the app but I got so used to it I kinda forgot to ever question it!

[edit]

So I lied when I said I'd never seen it lol. :P Meh, I still have a cold.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest alex2011

Actually I know what that is! Market downloads (including app updates) are diverted to data because you have no cache partition. They get cleared out by rebooting or you can delete them manually in root explorer. I've always wondered why it doesn't delete those itself after installing the app but I got so used to it I kinda forgot to ever question it!

Thanks for the prompt reply targetbsp :)

Yes, I forgot to mention that I noticed the decrease in memory mainly when doing app updates from the Market. Could it be that the problem happens only with the v2 market app which I'm using and not the v3?

Guest targetbsp

Thanks for the prompt reply targetbsp :)

Yes, I forgot to mention that I noticed the decrease in memory mainly when doing app updates from the Market. Could it be that the problem happens only with the v2 market app which I'm using and not the v3?

It happens in v3 too. I have 37mb free data right now and I should have over 100mb! I've never really thought anything of it before because no-one else (until now) has mentioned it

Guest targetbsp

OK. I think I have the conditions under which the test rom doesn't sleep:

If the wifi is off, or has ever been off during this boot then it won't sleep.If you set the wifi on and reboot then it sleeps fine.But if it boots up off, then it won't sleep (even if you then turn wifi on)If it boots up on and you turn it off, it also won't sleep (even if you turn it on again)

Guest jimwormold

[edit]

So I lied when I said I'd never seen it lol. :P Meh, I still have a cold.

Where do they get stored so I can delete them?

Jim

Guest alex2011

Use sej Mar 19 build with the old kernel from targetbsp's site. Best battery life I've had with cm7 ever.

I'm using the sej20120320 with the old kernel from targetbsp's site but even with the old kernel, it seems that at times the wifi doesn't turn off when the screen is off. Also the phone stays awake when screen is off. (screenshot attached)

@targetbsp: is this the old CM7.1 kernel? It's strange because with the CM7.1 the WiFi always turned off when the screen was off. Also, the phone was never getting awake while the screen was off.

post-827428-0-22823100-1332949681_thumb.

Guest targetbsp

It's the previous CM7 kernel and wifi to the current one. CM7.1 is ancient so I imagine it's newer than that. Maybe. Can't remember what the last kernel update was! There's no known sleep issues in it though. You sure you got the right download off my website? There are various kernels up there linked to from various posts here.

http://blade.windows...-old-kernel.zip is the one you want.

The wifi hasn't turned off with the screen for several months. It either turns off 15 minutes after the screen or is always on - depending upon your wifi sleep policy setting. The fact it turned off with the screen was itself a bug in that the phone couldn't maintain a wifi connection whilst asleep.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest alex2011

It's the previous CM7 kernel and wifi to the current one. CM7.1 is ancient so I imagine it's newer than that. Maybe. Can't remember what the last kernel update was! There's no known sleep issues in it though. You sure you got the right download off my website? There are various kernels up there linked to from various posts here.

http://blade.windows...-old-kernel.zip is the one you want.

The wifi hasn't turned off with the screen for several months. It either turns off 15 minutes after the screen or is always on - depending upon your wifi sleep policy setting. The fact it turned off with the screen was itself a bug in that the phone couldn't maintain a wifi connection whilst asleep.

Yes, I downloaded the old kernel from the link on your site http://blade.windows98.co.uk/, and on the phone info the kernel reads 2.6.35.7-perf+tom@TomsComputer #77. I hope it's the correct one.

Also, the Wi-Fi Sleep Policy is set to "when the screen turns off".