[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest sm4tik

Mine has used only 10% in 6 hours. I think that is pretty good for wifi on? I'm happy with it

With the old wifi/kernel battery isn't really draining at all with wifi on when sleeping,so I'd consider 10% in 6h somewhat bad.I can usually get 4-5 days out of the old kernel with wifi on all the time. Though it's connected to a network only about 6-9h a day.

Anyway. Once again I can confirm the failure of falling into deep sleep under certain conditions with Tom's newer test boot.bin.

Guest targetbsp

With the old wifi/kernel battery isn't really draining at all with wifi on when sleeping,so I'd consider 10% in 6h somewhat bad.I can usually get 4-5 days out of the old kernel with wifi on all the time. Though it's connected to a network only about 6-9h a day.

No way I'd ever get 5 days out of it with wifi on. I would get that with it off. Maybe 2-3 days with it on.

With the new wifi that drain was 50% over 8 hours so 10% over 6 is clearly better. But yeah, it only manages that in certain conditions.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest leripe

Im having trouble connecting to wifi networks sometimes and im not sure if my battery drain is as it was on 7.1, but i need my phone working fully again atm so im gonna wait for RC2 and now revert back to 7.1.

Guest kingpair

I'm using the sej20120320 with the old kernel from targetbsp's site but even with the old kernel, it seems that at times the wifi doesn't turn off when the screen is off. Also the phone stays awake when screen is off. (screenshot attached)

I have my wifi sleep policy set to never and have a drain of about 1 percent per hour with the screen off with that 19 Mar build. Incidentally you're using 20 Mar (not that it would make a big difference, just saying..). Make sure you have frozen bloat including Google Backup Transport and maps which are both massive battery eaters. And manually turn off the screen instead of waiting for phone to let it switch off automatically, I've noticed that this helps battery life too. If all else fails install Better Battery Stats and look at your wakelocks. From your screenshot theres something definitely keeping it awake and my suspicion is it could be app, and not kernel, related.

Guest Cata_Simi

I have my wifi sleep policy set to never and have a drain of about 1 percent per hour with the screen off with that 19 Mar build. Incidentally you're using 20 Mar (not that it would make a big difference, just saying..). Make sure you have frozen bloat including Google Backup Transport and maps which are both massive battery eaters. And manually turn off the screen instead of waiting for phone to let it switch off automatically, I've noticed that this helps battery life too. If all else fails install Better Battery Stats and look at your wakelocks. From your screenshot theres something definitely keeping it awake and my suspicion is it could be app, and not kernel, related.

hi kingpair, I have that combination too (sej 20 mar + old kernel) after your advice, do you think 19th build is better ? I couldnt find it, i got rid of a lot of bloat but i didnt know about google backup transport , could you point out what other apps must be frozen for battery's good ?

otherwise I found burgerz 20 mar build with wifi manually off very good from this perspective, for who wants to try

Guest Cata_Simi

OK. I think I have the conditions under which the test rom doesn't sleep:

If the wifi is off, or has ever been off during this boot then it won't sleep.If you set the wifi on and reboot then it sleeps fine.But if it boots up off, then it won't sleep (even if you then turn wifi on)If it boots up on and you turn it off, it also won't sleep (even if you turn it on again)

great deduction, that explains why I replaced this kernel after only an hour, cause I never turned wifi on

Edited by Cata_Simi

Guest kingpair

hi kingpair, I have that combination too (sej 20 mar + old kernel) after your advice, do you think 19th build is better ? I couldnt find it, i got rid of a lot of bloat but i didnt know about google backup transport , could you point out what other apps must be frozen for battery's good ?

otherwise I found burgerz 20 mar build with wifi manually off very good from this perspective, for who wants to try

I dont know about the differences between the 2 builds because I havent tried the 20 March build but I doubt there is anything drastic. I have uploaded my copy of the 19 Mar build. Here is the link - http://www.mediafire...2ls92d214a9rojj This is the md5sum - 793b3e26993a5ca3c2fcad125bc8c46d.

Apps I've frozen

Bluetooth share

Browser (use opera)

DRM protected content

DSP manager

Email

FOTA kill

Google Backup trasnport

Google Calendar Sync

Google one time init

Launcher (use xperia S launcher/launcher pro)

Magic Smoke wallpaper

Market apps installer (doesnt affect installing apps from the market)

Market feedback agent

Market updater

Music (use MIUI)

Music visualization wallpaper

My uploads

Network Location (big battery drain)

News and Weather (big battery drain)

Pico TTS

Setup Wizard

Sound recorder

Theme Chooser

Theme Provider

TTS Service

Voice dialer

VPN services

Also deleted live wallpapers, car home and some other stuff I cant recall.

Edited by kingpair

Guest leripe

I dont know about the differences between the 2 builds because I havent tried the 20 March build but I doubt there is anything drastic. I have uploaded my copy of the 19 Mar build. Here is the link - http://www.mediafire...2ls92d214a9rojj This is the md5sum - 793b3e26993a5ca3c2fcad125bc8c46d.

Apps I've frozen

Bluetooth share

Browser (use opera)

DRM protected content

DSP manager

Email

FOTA kill

Google Backup trasnport

Google Calendar Sync

Google one time init

Magic Smoke wallpaper

Market feedback agent

Market updater

Music (use MIUI)

My uploads

Pico TTS

Setup Wizard

Sound recorder

Theme Chooser

Theme Provider

TTS Service

Voice dialer

VPN services

thanks for this freezing list, my battery lasts so much longer now.

Guest targetbsp

A re-install of Windows on my main computer went wrong last night. I know exactly what went wrong but I don't know why or what to do about it. For the short term I can't compile anything and I can't conveniently download/upload or transfer anything to my phone so i'm kinda out of action in the guinea pigging rom stakes for a while!

Guest Cata_Simi

thanx for the tips kingpair, most of them were alredy unninstaled (i don't have paid titanium backup version, are you using sth else)

google backup transport and location helped me a lot

Guest Sulthekk

A re-install of Windows on my main computer went wrong last night. I know exactly what went wrong but I don't know why or what to do about it. For the short term I can't compile anything and I can't conveniently download/upload or transfer anything to my phone so i'm kinda out of action in the guinea pigging rom stakes for a while!

What about installing linux natively side-by-side to windows this time? That increases performance slightly, same size, and you would still have a stable environment if something had gone wrong again.

Guest kingpair

thanx for the tips kingpair, most of them were alredy unninstaled (i don't have paid titanium backup version, are you using sth else)

google backup transport and location helped me a lot

Glad I helped. :) Yeah I'm using Titanium pro but there are free apps like Anttek and Gemini. Havent used them though.

Guest leripe

Current stable version: 7.1 gen2

Download

Mirror

md5: 580c9db7463a1d737f9890e4ea488ccf

Gapps (20110828)

md5: 1647897d8ac3efb04723d2ad2c361a3f

-----------------------------

Current test version: 7.2 RC1 (or RC0 with older kernel+wifi module) - updating not recommended yet, but if you want to help testing it then go ahead.

Release date: 2012-03-14

More info: Here

Changelog: Here

Direct download link: Here

Torrent download link: Here

md5sum: 5ad7208cb1d0c5121db4b12e4c0e9755

Known issues for blade: Battery drain, dutch version of blade has camera problems, wifi+nosleep

Issue list: Here

------------------------------

Useful links & guides:

targetbsp's kang rom and much more!

Cyanogenmod Wiki

How to root blade and install a custom rom.

Clean up before flashing

2nd post is now more up-to-date with the current information.

Guest targetbsp

What about installing linux natively side-by-side to windows this time? That increases performance slightly, same size, and you would still have a stable environment if something had gone wrong again.

I do amateur support for SSD's so it's not that convenient for me to have 'unusual' partition setups.

The crisis is over anyway. I was apparently suffering from cold induced stupidity. I have in the past given the solution myself to 2 other people with my very problem and had forgotten all about it! I'll be and running again by tomorrow night.

Guest JMS74

Apps I've frozen

Bluetooth share

Browser (use opera)

DRM protected content

DSP manager

Email

FOTA kill

Google Backup trasnport

Google Calendar Sync

Google one time init

Magic Smoke wallpaper

Market feedback agent

Market updater

Music (use MIUI)

My uploads

Pico TTS

Setup Wizard

Sound recorder

Theme Chooser

Theme Provider

TTS Service

Voice dialer

VPN services

If you disable all that apps that what do you have left? Did you buy a smartphone to use it as a dumbphone? Sorry but thats way over the line of good sense....

Dispite i have been a quiet user i have bought a blade 6 months ago and have tried lots of ROMS and lately i've trying the latest kernels builds based on 7.2 RC's and before that the 7.1 KANGS...

And i can say this...

IF you want goot battery then use WBAW's R4!!!!! It lasts me 3x as much as these latest ROMS... Try it, you wont be dissapointed in terms of battery life trust me..

Guest kingpair

If you disable all that apps that what do you have left? Did you buy a smartphone to use it as a dumbphone? Sorry but thats way over the line of good sense....

Dispite i have been a quiet user i have bought a blade 6 months ago and have tried lots of ROMS and lately i've trying the latest kernels builds based on 7.2 RC's and before that the 7.1 KANGS...

And i can say this...

IF you want goot battery then use WBAW's R4!!!!! It lasts me 3x as much as these latest ROMS... Try it, you wont be dissapointed in terms of battery life trust me..

Haha. I knew one of these was coming. I use my phone to receive push notifications on email, my IM client, whatsapp and facebook. I also have a bunch of medical apps installed most of which are constantly updating(I'm a med student with too much time on his hands :P ) . My wifi is switched on at work and at home and I use 3g for everything in between. And I've got a bunch of games from the market. If your definition of a smartphone is having needless apps using up precious bandwidth and battery life then more power to you. Besides these are the apps I have chosen to disable in response to another users query ; it certainly isn't a generic recommendation.

And as far as I know wbaw 's r4 is gsf Rom. This is a cm7 thread so go troll somewhere else.

Guest kingpair

Here's my freeze list: http://android.modac...71#entry1835871

Going to have to compare to yours to see if i can freeze anything else. I'm all for a lean OS. :D

Very similar targetbsp. I have actually deleted the cm7 notifications and feedback thingy. And I kept Latin Input because my keyboard started flaking on me when i froze it.

Guest Cata_Simi

I wonder if gsf have better battery than CM, certainly not 3X better but i dont know if is better at all cause sej 20 mar + old kernel and with right frozen apps I feel like phones life's never ending (who use it knows what I'm sayng, the last 15%)

anyone have an idea about this or I have to convince myself the hard way

Edited by Cata_Simi

Guest MidaMilunk

Bluetooth reconnect is a pain for me using latest versions of CM7 (currently I am on BurgerZ 26mar). It connects fine (Nokia car set) for the first time. Usually reconnects, if phone's BT is already active when I ignite, but it is really a mess to reconnect otherwise.

Sometimes it is possible to reconnect requesting the peering on the car set, but very often I have to delete the peering, and peer agait, which is not very easy in the rush.

There was no such problem with the Swedisw Whatever versions, ot the MMHMP, or even CM9 (Cold fusion). I have tried to switch "fast BT connection" on and off, but is is all the same!

I am connecting the very same car set! As far as I know it is even worse to use different, but same manufactured car sets (like in several company cars), because it is not possible to overwrite the name of the BT peer, so all carsets will have the same name. It would not be a problem though if automatic reconnect work, but this is definitely not the case!

Guest alex2011

Thank you for the very useful info and tips. Instead of freezing Google Backup Transport and Maps, is not enough if I disable Background Sync and Google Latitude, respectively?

Guest sej7278

where are with with the kernel issue now then? the issue tracker is getting hard to follow - targetbsp your comments look like you've taken too much cold medicine lol :D

we've got a new test kernel that allows loading the old wifi modules - does this combination still cause the phones to crash or is there a newer combo now?

if there is a non-crashing kernel+module does it fix not sleeping with wifi on, and does it fix battery drain?

sounds like we need to ditch the new blade kernel and go back to turies/skate sourcecode.

Guest targetbsp

Thank you for the very useful info and tips. Instead of freezing Google Backup Transport and Maps, is not enough if I disable Background Sync and Google Latitude, respectively?

My backup transport is not frozen but my sync is disabled and my battery lasts ages. My maps is not frozen but it is disabled in autostarts

Guest targetbsp

where are with with the kernel issue now then? the issue tracker is getting hard to follow - targetbsp your comments look like you've taken too much cold medicine lol :D

yeah lol.

Here's the situation:

If you have 7.2 RC1 with wifi on, then it sleeps but still drains battery a lot. Battery drain is fine at all other times.

With the rom from comment 11, wifi on during sleep crashes. Battery drain at all other times is untested.

Using the rom in comment 11 with kernel from 23 - if the phone boots up with wifi on, then during sleep its battery drain is fine so the original problem is fixed.

However a new issue has risen where if the wifi is off, it doesn't sleep at all.

Now here's where it might get confusing and difficult to explain:

If the wifi has been off at any point this boot, even if it is now back on, it also won't sleep.

Ignoring everything else you've read from me. Is the above clear? If so I'll post it back into comments.