[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest mark2410
You are reflashing DTa2sd directly after flashing the new rom, right?

okay so i feel like a moron, yep you were right, lol. i really dont know how i missed that

Guest Saransh Agarwal
No. It is regarded as an enhancement so if we ever even see it, it would be after a stable release of CM7.

thanks for clearing that up

Guest whatcolour
Yes it's brilliant but I didn't make it. Koush (Clockwork author) wrote it asfaik.

I think the recent changes by Jacob in BoardConfig.mk made the difference with the GPS crashes. My phone ran over 6 hours without crashes today with my own kernel (that has none of the suggested battery fixes) and N38 and I provoked it a lot with different GPS apps. I could be wrong of course and I might just have been lucky today.

Currently I've swithed to Gen2 version of Toms kernel (ver3b of the cm7_gen2_converter) and keep provoking it. Still going strong without any reboots.

interesting indeed, especially the first part which could mean librpc could have been the culprit in causing reboots other than battery temp, which could result in a much cleaner fix.

Guest Arthor

Can somebody upload 38th nighties to any file host? I'm downloading one at 10kb/s, it's rather slow I say.

Or is there any mirror to the official 'download.cyanogenmod.com' site?

Guest JimJam707
Can somebody upload 38th nighties to any file host? I'm downloading one at 10kb/s, it's rather slow I say.

Or is there any mirror to the official 'download.cyanogenmod.com' site?

http://mirror.teamdouche.net/

They look the same but are separate sites.

Team Douche's Mirror is always faster imo.

Guest KasioPC

I've just done a full wipe, and flashed n38, but I'm getting a problem. When I click reboot recovery, it just keeps booting back into clockwork mod (3.0.0.14).

I've tried it with 3.0.0.24 and it is the same problem

Guest Michealtbh
I've just done a full wipe, and flashed n38, but I'm getting a problem. When I click reboot recovery, it just keeps booting back into clockwork mod (3.0.0.14).

I've tried it with 3.0.0.24 and it is the same problem

Thats what its supposed to do, youre rebooting recovery, not the system. Choose reboot system to boot into cm7

Guest KasioPC
Thats what its supposed to do, youre rebooting recovery, not the system. Choose reboot system to boot into cm7

Sorry, a wee bit tired. I meant reboot system, and it booted straight back in recovery. I just tried N37 with Gapps and it worked okay. I'll try n38 again without gapps

Edited by KasioPC

Guest Matthew Ferguson
that doesn't answer the question, does it?

The stock version of ADW which comes with the ROM is very slow, but can be sped up by disabling the wallpaper hack. TBH, it's not worth it, and you'd be better off downloading Launcher Pro, which is found in the market and is super fast :)

Guest mickey megabyte
The stock version of ADW which comes with the ROM is very slow, but can be sped up by disabling the wallpaper hack. TBH, it's not worth it, and you'd be better off downloading Launcher Pro, which is found in the market and is super fast :)

that's better :)

Guest JayGB1982
CM7 stable for blade out!

The last build for GEN1 phones...

I'll prob skip it to be fair. Need to convert to GEN2 for future compatibility. Which will prob take me a day as im not familiar with the steps.

May even give SS a blast while im playing around with this GEN2 stuff, I'll see how development goes on CM7 for a few days...

But.... I'll be back :)

Guest kallt_kaffe
Yes it's brilliant but I didn't make it. Koush (Clockwork author) wrote it asfaik.

I think the recent changes by Jacob in BoardConfig.mk made the difference with the GPS crashes. My phone ran over 6 hours without crashes today with my own kernel (that has none of the suggested battery fixes) and N38 and I provoked it a lot with different GPS apps. I could be wrong of course and I might just have been lucky today.

Currently I've swithed to Gen2 version of Toms kernel (ver3b of the cm7_gen2_converter) and keep provoking it. Still going strong without any reboots.

GPS crashes still occur, had one last night with ver3b, swtiched back to ver3 but got another one this morning.

Guest ColdEmbrace
Am I Right that CM7.0.0 is not natively compatible with Gen2 Blades?

I am sure that is the case, but don't quote me on that.

I think there is a post floating around telling you how too instal CM7 on a gen2 blade

Yeah, I'm really new to the Android world,but I see where's the ''good guys''. :)

Kallte has reply to me, he use his script too and had no problem with the GPS... Look like i'm the only one with this issue.

I haven't set anything, the rom is "clean" fresh install. No overclocking or other stuff...

Just right now I've tested the Google Navigation app with the phone "cold". I launch two times with no prob. Then I run again, the app show my position then "boum" reboot... After just 1 minute or 2...

Strange.

There's any error report that I can see or submit ?

Thanks again. :)

EDIT : I just try "GPS test" app, the phone has reboot 1 minute after launch. So it's not "just" Google nav app. :/

If it reboots then it's a different bug, the gps bug which was fixed powered off the phone.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
When will you people learn that these version changes are not blade specific!?

Its just a version number. We will continue to get nightlies. Nothing changes.

Perfectly understood, but imho N37 + N38 introduced "bugs", making it

unstable and unusable for me, which I don't think are blade specific at all.

But anyway, never mind, their work, their choice, their name.