[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

can anyone confirm from /proc/cpuinfo i guess that its actually running at that speed, and not just saying that in the settings app?

even with su it says I don't have permission to do that. Antutu reports my CPU speed as overclocked as intended though.

Guest GoGokh

I tried this cyanMobile ROM around a month ago, but found the status bar lagged, not by much, half a second or so, but it was enough to put me off.

Can anyone using it confirm or deny that this is still so? Thanks.

No there is not this lag, i have tested :)

zte indonesia donated him that blade thats pretty amazing i think he might be knowing someone there or might be very very famous in his country for his work.

and his blade seems different too see the screenshot he got 465mb free ram and overclocked to 825mhz.:blink:

he got a super blade :P:P

Not from ZTE Indonesia. He got that from Indonesian ZTE Blade Group on Facebook. donate him Blade with 256mb ram (the type that out in Indonesia besides N880 CDMA 512mb ram)

Guest d_borghi

i'm retrying cyanogenmod.

beautiful rom but:

1) "go launcher ex" absorbs more ram then swedish snow, same settings ( i don't know why?!?!?)

2) battery finish in one day, swedish snow 2 day or 2 day +1/2

3) bluetooth switch on after 2/3 button click on the icon.

any solution?

tnx

db

Guest saransh9

Originally Posted by Gokh

Yes but from where do you get this Kernel, or have you renamed a kernel?

Sent from my Blade using xda premium

Squadzone

i can rename my kernel into ANYTHING :P

Originally Posted by saaransh9

he hasn't even updated his git

Squadzone

dunno, im too busy to push commit one by one, and also i have problem with my internet , i live in jungle, Lol... maybe i will push with big commit if i have time, Lol..

Guest k.d.11

I stick to my observation that it is a 3. X kernel first of all checkout the Linux 3 series kernel changelog plus the phone performs better in high pressure situations ..a new kernel isn't a damned graphics card that yourbgames will start running extra smooth but my observations show crazy changes please try zombie dash other roms can't handle it when too many zombies spawn plus previously when you bumped into cars in ft racing the game starting lagging this it gets kinda slow but it doesn't freeze for seconds like it did ill give a more detailed reply when I get back home I'm travelling right now but I'm convinced its a 3.x kernel

Guest hankhandsome

just had an initial play and it seems to be VERY fast - quite impressive actually. going to have to reload my nandroid backup and do a proper data backup of my apps then i'll give it a proper go later on. looking good so far though

Guest k.d.11

Uh saransh9 that was a joke he said it would take long to update commit by commit and thus might upload it in one big commit where does he say he's renamed it?

Guest saransh9

Uh saransh9 that was a joke he said it would take long to update commit by commit and thus might upload it in one big commit where does he say he's renamed it?

U read his last comment at xda.

But I can't say if he's joking out not

Guest targetbsp

I tried Zombie Dash on CM7.2 with the new libs and it seemed fine. But possibly I suck at it too much to get far enough for it to slow. I hate auto running games.

Guest k.d.11

Why I stress on zombie dash is because its just on of the many ways you get your phone into a I don't know low memory situation? without having anything to do with the hardware and the way it performs is depenndent on ram management or whatever

Guest sej7278

U read his last comment at xda.

But I can't say if he's joking out not

its either some weird kind of sarcasm or he's one of those people that gives you breadcrumbs of information.

for now i'm dismissing it until i see the kernel source on github. not sure why he doesn't submit his cm7 modifications to be included in cyanogenmod though.

Guest targetbsp

Why I stress on zombie dash is because its just on of the many ways you get your phone into a I don't know low memory situation? without having anything to do with the hardware and the way it performs is depenndent on ram management or whatever

Ah, that would be an area I don't have an issue with on standard CM7. :D I run a pretty lean OS!

There do seem to be lots of memory management tweaks and it does even have slightly more free ram after a clean boot for the same config as a stock CM7.2. Perhaps this is why some people are reporting it as much faster? Whereas all I'm prepared to say is it's better with SD cards.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest sm4tik

Trying to compile after a gcc update to 4.7.0 ends up short. It seems external/srec/tools/thirdparty/OpenFst is to blame, can anyone confirm?

Lots of these

external/srec/tools/thirdparty/OpenFst/fst/lib/cache.h:136:11: error: ‘SetState’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]

external/srec/tools/thirdparty/OpenFst/fst/lib/cache.h:136:11: note: declarations in dependent base ‘fst::VectorFstBaseImpl<fst::CacheState<fst::GallicArc<fst::StdArc, (fst::StringType)0u> > >’ are not found by unqualified lookup

external/srec/tools/thirdparty/OpenFst/fst/lib/cache.h:136:11: note: use ‘this->SetState’ instead

edit: I found a paste of something that looks identical to what I'm getting

Edited by sm4tik

Ah, that would be an area I don't have an issue with on standard CM7. :D I run a pretty lean OS!

There do seem to be lots of memory management tweaks and it does even have slightly more free ram after a clean boot for the same config as a stock CM7.2. Perhaps this is why some people are reporting it as much faster? Whereas all I'm prepared to say is it's better with SD cards.

I was under the impression that free RAM was wasted ram and that the os is designed to make as much use of ram as possible so I can't see why having more free RAM would speed up the phone. Maybe I've got it wrong?

Guest targetbsp

Having free ram is wasteful if you have something useful to put in said ram.

I think you're thinking more about task killers than having lots of ram? You can never have too much ram. What's wasteful is removing something from ram you may later use.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest slumslayer

This rom is using compcache by default, I guess that's why it does have more free ram.

Guest targetbsp

This rom is using compcache by default, I guess that's why it does have more free ram.

I turned it off (the ram hadn't got low enough to use it anyway) And by slightly more, I really meant slightly. Like 10mb, not the 100 or so compcache was defaulting to. :)

Edited by targetbsp

Having free ram is wasteful if you have something useful to put in said ram.

I think you're thinking more about task killers than having lots of ram? You can never have too much ram. What's wasteful is removing something from ram you may later use.

I was just a bit confused that you said the ROM probably felt faster to people because it left a bit more free RAM. I was just trying to understand if having free RAM really does speed the phone up.