[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

I've spent a few days doing battery tests with wifi on. And TomG's test rom is better than CM7.2 RC1. But it's nowhere near as good as Sej's old kernel/wifi updated with the new features.

Guest emc02

This: http://www.play.com/...-6/Product.html

Though now you'd be nuts not to get the Class 10 version for less than a quid more!

http://www.play.com/...10/Product.html

Note that it performs nowhere near spec speeds in stock CM7. It's specifically changes in CyanMobile that seems to unleash its power as it were. And not the read ahead cache because I've tried changing that.

I tried the exactly the same class 10 sdhc card and it does not work in my blade! Its very slow and startup takes minutes longer than with my class4 sandisk.

When copying files on the samsung class10 (in my blade with USB; android or CWM) it pauses and resumes transfer and so its getting really poor performance but in an external Card Reader its very fast and works without problems... :-(

maybe I should give the class 6 a try...

Guest feckineejit

I'm on update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-blade-KANG-sej20120319-signed from sej, with http://blade.windows...-old-kernel.zip from targetbsp.

best CM7 I've had in a big while. with scrolling cahce disabled and ondemand + no overclock I get awesome battery life with average usage and good performance.

I've never used cm-7, and want to give it a try, can you give me a link to update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-blade-KANG-sej20120319-signed from sej, i have tried looking through the forum but cant seem to find it.

EDIT

Can anyone tell me if this is it cm-7

Edited by feckineejit

Guest Nick Rhodes

I've never used cm-7, and want to give it a try, can you give me a link to update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-blade-KANG-sej20120319-signed from sej, i have tried looking through the forum but cant seem to find it.

EDIT

Can anyone tell me if this is it My link

Hi,

Signal to noise ratio is terrible in this section of the forum, makes even searching laborious.

Its available from http://www.the-jedi.co.uk/downloads/cm7/

Cheers, Nick

Guest targetbsp

I tried the exactly the same class 10 sdhc card and it does not work in my blade! Its very slow and startup takes minutes longer than with my class4 sandisk.

When copying files on the samsung class10 (in my blade with USB; android or CWM) it pauses and resumes transfer and so its getting really poor performance but in an external Card Reader its very fast and works without problems... :-(

maybe I should give the class 6 a try...

When I got it I had a weird problem with my class 6 where rebooting the phone would sort of perform an undo on the disk! Anything deleted would come back and anything created would disappear. I ended up formatting it and copying everything back and its been fine since. Perhaps the Blade doesn't like something in their pre-formatting?

Guest kingpair

I've spent a few days doing battery tests with wifi on. And TomG's test rom is better than CM7.2 RC1. But it's nowhere near as good as Sej's old kernel/wifi updated with the new features.

I did a bit of testing myself. Same results. Sej>burstlam n393x>burgerz april 03. No wifi sleep issues in any of these builds. On a side note try out the cm9 by burstlam if you want to try ICS. No wifi sleep issues unlike coldfusion.

Edited by kingpair

Guest targetbsp

I can't use burstlams CM9's. Something I do in configuring the phone to my liking causes it to boot loop and I can't work out what.

Guest kingpair

I can't use burstlams CM9's. Something I do in configuring the phone to my liking causes it to boot loop and I can't work out what.

Did you try the newest release? RC 5.8 I think its called. Took around 10 minutes, I think, to get out of the boot animation the first time.

Guest k.d.11

Thats weird..His cm9 works really well for me especially the recent 5.8.1 except youtube though but the stock player plays videos pretty okay maybe he doesnt use youtube or something other than that the newest release is really good with the new drivers and the orientation sensor fixed!Plus hes synced changes from build 31 too i think!

I think were going off topic :P

Edited by k.d.11

Guest targetbsp

I think 5.7 is the last I tried - and various versions before it. I even had the same problem with the AOSP version the moment they switched to using his kernel. The alphas and coldfusions always seem to have been fine for me though.

Back on the battery life wifi thing I plan to test CyanMobile too but I can't right now cause Football Manager 2012 is out in a few hours. Not leaving my phone asleep whilst that is released. :P

Edited by targetbsp

Guest kingpair

I think 5.7 is the last I tried - and various versions before it. I even had the same problem with the AOSP version the moment they switched to using his kernel. The alphas and coldfusions always seem to have been fine for me though.

Back on the battery life wifi thing I plan to test CyanMobile too but I can't right now cause Football Manager 2012 is out in a few hours. Not leaving my phone asleep whilst that is released. :P

I tested Cyanmobile last week and it wasnt sleeping with wifi then. Dont know if he's released a new version since.

Guest emc02

When I got it I had a weird problem with my class 6 where rebooting the phone would sort of perform an undo on the disk! Anything deleted would come back and anything created would disappear. I ended up formatting it and copying everything back and its been fine since. Perhaps the Blade doesn't like something in their pre-formatting?

well, maybe I should try more, but I formatted it using CWM (with SD ext3) and it was the same problem... but I will test again later and report my proceedings

Guest eucurto

well i think i have the opposite problem.. my phone always sleeps. ok. i want the wifi to never disconnect even with the phone sleeping but it always disconnects after a period of time. even if i set to "never" in advanced wifi settings... is this normal?

Guest targetbsp

Some new CWM files to play with.

Sejs kernel:

http://blade.windows98.co.uk/downloads/cm7-sej-kernel.zip

md5#C41FDE5AA7F96A82871170DA047BE1C1

Will install the old wifi and the old kernel updated with all the new patches by Sej. Can be used in recent official Cm7's such as the Cm7.2 RC1

GB Gapps updated with latest market and search

http://blade.windows98.co.uk/downloads/gapps-gb-20110828d-signed.zip

md#52CABF6E2D48CA9487E9F79AB4F5EA82C

This one is by request - though that google search update was starting to annoy me too. :D

Guest emc02

well, maybe I should try more, but I formatted it using CWM (with SD ext3) and it was the same problem... but I will test again later and report my proceedings

strange, but after partitioning the sd card (Samsung MB-MPAGA/EU Class 10 Plus Serie microSDHC 16GB) with partition wizard 7 it seems to work now.

Antutu Benchmark shows read/write 20,0/18,9

Edited by emc02

GB Gapps updated with latest market and search

http://blade.windows...828d-signed.zip

md#52CABF6E2D48CA9487E9F79AB4F5EA82C

This one is by request - though that google search update was starting to annoy me too. :D

Yay! I can free 5-6mb from my internal storage with this (since the updated version of Vendor.apk is installed on that partiton).

Guest TigTex

Latest sej's build with targetbsp's gapps works and looks really great!

I don't know if anyone ever noticed on this but you can save some 5 to 10 seconds when connecting to a wireless network just by editing /etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf adding "noarp" to the end of the file. It will look like this

interface wlan0

option subnet_mask, routers, domain_name_servers

noarp

DHCP by default checks via ARP if the assigned IP address is really not taken. noarp disables that. This probably doesn't cause any problem to anyone (especialy if you are using a home network)

I always do this modification and my blade gets a working wireless connection much faster... try it ;)

Edited by TigTex

Guest targetbsp

Nice! Mine took about 3-4 seconds to turn the wifi on (from no symbol to dark grey) and the same again to connect (dark grey to light grey). With that change the connection time is probably a second. So I'm saving a couple of seconds.

Guest Simono

I known. I can use kernel from Your site? I prefere Vanila without soft buttons, etc :)

flash kernel and ICS font

Edited by Simono

Guest sej7278

I known. I can use kernel from Your site? I prefere Vanila without soft buttons, etc :)

flash kernel and ICS font

lol, seems like you just need to use my rom. softbuttons are disabled by default, the kernel and ics fonts are already in it. only other changes from vanilla are the option not to display the alarm icon (disabled by default), basic ringlock and the newer adreno libs which you will want.

Guest targetbsp

I'm kind of inclined to agree. I don't like softbuttons but like you say they're optional and off by default.

And your inclusion of a working kernel, adreno libs and ics font just saves me from having to choose them as additional zips in rom manager.

On the other hand, my VM is restricted to one core and the amount of ram its allowed so this can all be done in the background so I may as well do it. It'll be untested though cause I'm sticking with Sejs. But there's no reason it shouldn't work.