[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest leripe

http://review.cyanog....com/#/c/14758/

it's the same fix for ICS, saying: blade: Fix WiFi sleep

dhcpcd was not properly stopped after wpa_supplicant stopped, it could cause battery drain

patch borrowed from:

https://github.com/I...c8a3a5c29087206

Change-Id: I6b0dbc46de1f525ac530a018a08fb2fb828827c2

..I hope it helps to save some battery power..

so is that fix merged in update-cm-7-20120415-NIGHTLY-blade-signed.zip (seems not, since the date is different) and if not, how to get it?

Guest Geree

Ooh this could be good! Myself (and least one other) commented on the test kernel that whilst it was now sleeping with wifi on, it was still draining battery more than the old kernel. Will be good if this is now fixed.

exactly... I hope that too :)

just somebody needs to do a new build including that patch. (or wait for the next nightly)

Edited by Geree

Guest targetbsp

Based on the time I don't think it made it into that previous nightly.

It's a case of waiting for the next nightly (though their appearance is a bit random atm) or waiting for someone to compile CM7 with it included. Unfortunately I'm away for a few days so I can't but I will Tuesday or Weds.

Guest Cata_Simi

the patch It's not included in the last nighlyupdate-cm-7-20120415-NIGHTLY-blade-signed.zip I've tested it last night, and battery drain is not very bad (~25% over night with wifi on) but the old kernel is still better

Guest leripe

Based on the time I don't think it made it into that previous nightly.

It's a case of waiting for the next nightly (though their appearance is a bit random atm) or waiting for someone to compile CM7 with it included. Unfortunately I'm away for a few days so I can't but I will Tuesday or Weds.

the patch It's not included in the last nighlyupdate-cm-7-20120415-NIGHTLY-blade-signed.zip I've tested it last night, and battery drain is not very bad (~25% over night with wifi on) but the old kernel is still better

okay thanks. for me its not a big problem because i dont really use wifi.

Guest Maleiro

Hi, thou I'm not a avid poster on the forum I've been following this thread for quite some time, and for that I would like to thank everyone that made any kind of positive contribution to Blades CM7.

Now to the point, I've used the inROM app2sd for quite some time, but yesterday I decided to create an ext3 partition on my SDcard thinking I wouldn't need any additional apps to work it since there is an option on CM7Settings/Applications/ for expanded external storage. But no matter what i did i didn't manage to check that option check-box. I found that using Link2SD to mount the partition and creating a script I was able to move all the apps I previously had in the SD-card to the new SDext partition and all is working fine.

But questions are, do I really need to use Link2SD or any other "outside" app to do this or did I miss something in the CM Settings?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Maleiro

Not sure. Some phones have internal sd cards as well as an external slot so it could be for that? I think the SGS does for example

I see thanks ;)

Guest Laccnow

I'm using the 20120415 nightly build and Instagram doesn't work. It says that my camera is not supported. The weird thing is that Instagram worked fine with Tilal's ColdFusionX. Any ideas how to fix it?

Guest MidaMilunk

sorry for this...but what does Vanilla mean?

Vanilla means stg like "untouched" - no personal modifications were made at all, only the mentioned ones.

Guest targetbsp

Lame! I updated the post to the mirror anticipating high bandwidth and it did the description only - not the link.

Result: 21gb served up overnight and I'm over bandwidth limit until the end of the month lol.

Also, in my testing last night it was no better than the nightly for battery usage. The irony now being that there's no bandwidth left to serve up the more efficient kernels back to people lol.

Guest targetbsp

faster adreno libs mean faster then the new driver? or is it the same?

It's the old new driver. :D It's not included in CM7 stock builds so I listed it because it makes the rom not strictly as vanilla as the word vanilla implies. :)

Guest aggregator

Also, in my testing last night it was no better than the nightly for battery usage. The irony now being that there's no bandwidth left to serve up the more efficient kernels back to people lol.

That was mentioned by TomG in this change: This is not actually the cause of the battery drain that has been seen recently, but does look incorrect. Posted here on monday.

I'm using the 0415 Nightly with the old kernel (from your site, thanks by the way :) ), after 19 hours, 51% left.

With Sej's kernel (with axi & gpu oc patches) my battery discharged faster than TomG kernel.

Guest Cata_Simi

I'm using the 0415 Nightly with the old kernel (from your site, thanks by the way :) ), after 19 hours, 51% left.

With Sej's kernel (with axi & gpu oc patches) my battery discharged faster than TomG kernel.

I am using the nightly too with sej's old kernel and It's the best battery of all tried by far