[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

Thanks for that :) Hopefully its alot better :)

Thanks to the ppl who replied to my noobness. :)

It's no different to the nightly. Which is loads better than RC1. But not as good as Sej's build.

Guest trustbyte

thanks targetbsp for the great rom.

i use the build from 8 of march and it's pretty good all around [battery, gps reception, voip using the headset speaker not the external one works (fails with viber and others but hey, can't have them all)] ...

there is only one thing that bugs me..

when receiving a call the screen goes off and when the call is ended the screen does not respond..fails to light up, pushing all buttons and all combinations won't bring him back..

i have to give it a call from another cell to wake the screen up, it does not display who is calling and unable to answer but when if i let it be and becomes a missed call the screen gets back to life..

any idea? anyway..

another quick question can i make only an upgrade of an older build to the most present one without reinstalling my apps and settings?

thanks in advance

Guest targetbsp

You need to go to settings -> device settings and hit calibrate proximity sensor.

Yes you can install pretty much any CM7 over any other one without having to wipe your settings.

thanks targetbsp for the great rom.

i use the build from 8 of march and it's pretty good all around [battery, gps reception, voip using the headset speaker not the external one works (fails with viber and others but hey, can't have them all)] ...

there is only one thing that bugs me..

when receiving a call the screen goes off and when the call is ended the screen does not respond..fails to light up, pushing all buttons and all combinations won't bring him back..

i have to give it a call from another cell to wake the screen up, it does not display who is calling and unable to answer but when if i let it be and becomes a missed call the screen gets back to life..

any idea? anyway..

thanks in advance

Setting->Device Settings->Calibrate Proximity Sensor

Guest saransh9

Sorry but I just missed some pages and am now dumb about what's happening these days in here so is the wifi sleep fixed I read targetbsp's new build had it fixed.

Had burgerz any build with wifi fixed?

So what's the best one out there I'm still on burgerz 29 Feb

Guest FrankieADZ

It's no different to the nightly. Which is loads better than RC1. But not as good as Sej's build.

oh ok, I thought the last nightly one didnt have the brain patch included in it, either way..I'm not complaining; pleased my battery isnt going down like cake at a weight watchers meeting :)

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

I keep on dropping in to see what's going on. Missed the year anniversary of the thread! No! :D

Great to see things still moving nicely :)

Guest kingpair

I was using joyos 1.6 ( http://android.modac...-updated-17412/ )for a few days and the battery consumtion was just amazing...I wonder if we can check which CM7 nightly is it based on, or what modifications they made.... would be useful I think...

You're right. I've been on JoyOS for two and a half days now and i recharged it for the first time last night. Simply crushes any other CM7 based rom when it comes to battery life. Its based on CM7.1 stable release however and security issues are still unanswered so I'm not sure I'm going to be using this for too long. It does beg the question, why cant CM7.2 be as gentle on battery?

Guest Nick Rhodes

You're right. I've been on JoyOS for two and a half days now and i recharged it for the first time last night. Simply crushes any other CM7 based rom when it comes to battery life. Its based on CM7.1 stable release however and security issues are still unanswered so I'm not sure I'm going to be using this for too long. It does beg the question, why cant CM7.2 be as gentle on battery?

You should try Sej's build from 26 March. Its 7.2 nightly or is it RC1 ?!? with the newest old kernel with new gfx libs (I think :huh:). Runs smoother and good if not better battery.

Cheers, Nick

Guest kingpair

You should try Sej's build from 26 March. Its 7.2 nightly or is it RC1 ?!? with the newest old kernel with new gfx libs (I think :huh:). Runs smoother and good if not better battery.

Cheers, Nick

I've tried the 19 Mar / 20 mar with the old new kernel. Joyos is better. Don't remember seeing a 26 Mar sej build actually. Do you happen to have a link?

Guest Cata_Simi

I've tried the 19 Mar / 20 mar with the old new kernel. Joyos is better. Don't remember seeing a 26 Mar sej build actually. Do you happen to have a link?

better like what (10-20%)? Anyway battery usage is very subjective, I'm using the curent nightly with old kernel and for a day and a half i thought is the best, but I've just realised that is good but not significantly different than any recent kang with old kernel, I belive that Joyos is better cause i've tried MIUI once and I was satisfyed about that too, but I dont know how much better

Guest kingpair

better like what (10-20%)? Anyway battery usage is very subjective, I'm using the curent nightly with old kernel and for a day and a half i thought is the best, but I've just realised that is good but not significantly different than any recent kang with old kernel, I belive that Joyos is better cause i've tried MIUI once and I was satisfyed about that too, but I dont know how much better

Better by about 25 percent better than any other cm7 I'd say. Of course it's very subjective. People found coldfusionx to be good for battery life but I didnt. I have the internet on all the time I use my phone, but not everybody else does. Give it a go if you're curious.

Guest ufizo

Today I decided to come back to CM7, untill CM9 gets officially supported and gets better.

Went through many pages (from last, in reverse), and saw kernel being played with, and people reporting battery drain. So I installed cyanmobile instead.

Can someone please suggest a recent build that has NO* issues what-so-ever, and which can replace cyanmobile? :)

Guest Cata_Simi

Better by about 25 percent better than any other cm7 I'd say. Of course it's very subjective. People found coldfusionx to be good for battery life but I didnt. I have the internet on all the time I use my phone, but not everybody else does. Give it a go if you're curious.

Ok, maybe I do but i hate erasing everything and start over, and I really like cm7 with all features in the exact place that I expect them to be, maybe is just me but I dont find catchy the iphonish style

Guest kingpair

Ok, maybe I do but i hate erasing everything and start over, and I really like cm7 with all features in the exact place that I expect them to be, maybe is just me but I dont find catchy the iphonish style

Its actually got all the cm7 features intact including cm7 settings coz it's based on an official build. The iPhone skin is irritating though yeah.

Guest emotty

bear in mind i`m still new to this flashing lark ...

i use net mainly for forums and tethering, maybe 3/4 calls a day with little texting ... when not in use data is always turned off,gps,wifi e.t.c are never on ... the only apps i do install are button saviour (if no softbuttons) and LBE privacy guard ... then test for a good few days ...

every rom i have tried up to now has been terrible on battery except for joyos 1.5,someone metioned that burgerz build was better than joyos so i tried it .... same as any other rom, i have to charge it twice a day ...

with everything off on joyos 1.5 i left it in standby for 8:25 hours it lost 1% ... (i have to retest to confirm,but it does appear to loose battery pretty quickly in the lower numbers,say under 30%,so maybe the battery reporting has been tampered with to give the impression of good life ????)

i honestly thought my battery was toast (it was ok before flashing) ... but when i left it sat in a drawer in airplane mode it was still going after a week...

have downloaded "Sej's build:" (few posts above thanks target :) ) and will try it later,right now im looking for a "bare bones" rom (im thinking battery drain is cos of apps trying to sync,get denied then re-try)

Guest kingpair

have downloaded "Sej's build:" (few posts above thanks target :) ) and will try it later,right now im looking for a "bare bones" rom (im thinking battery drain is cos of apps trying to sync,get denied then re-try)

Please post back with your results with that build.

If you're looking for barebones, maybe cm7 isn't the build for you. Have you tried wbaw's stock gingerbread or the aosp build? They'll both certainly trump cm7 at battery life but performance takes a hit. What I like most about cm7 are all the options with the settings so I don't see myself using any other rom long term, unless cm9 incorporates these settings too and somebody sets up a fair, polite forum without all the mudslinging.

Guest emotty

If you're looking for barebones, maybe cm7 isn't the build for you. Have you tried wbaw's stock gingerbread or the aosp build? They'll both certainly trump cm7 at battery life but performance takes a hit. What I like most about cm7 are all the options with the settings so I don't see myself using any other rom long term, unless cm9 incorporates these settings too and somebody sets up a fair, polite forum without all the mudslinging.

i love cm7 !!! it hates me though ... its a great rom it just kills the battery ... actually there all great roms :) i`m looking for a barebones to use as a comparison ... right now all i have to compare is a simless ignored phone stuck in a drawer for a week ... there has to be some common ground between these battery killing modded roms and all i can think of is background process apps ...

i like to test for at least 4 days but i will post back how sej`s build gets on with my sanfran,

thanks for suggesting the 2 roms am searching now :D

edit:- ok 1 rom and a big headache ;)

Edited by emotty

Guest Cata_Simi

I dont think Cm9 coldfusion X suffers from the lack of features or settings but has other problems for the moment including battery

I have noticed that the last 20% consumes a lot slower with cm7 and if a rom's battery usage is constant it may seem to have better battery but in fact is the same

though we must take in account that our blades have a modest 1250 mAh battery

Edited by Cata_Simi