[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Mousses

@ sej7278

Is it possible to include eap-sim.patch in your next build of CM7 or to have .zip file containing the eap-sim function used by CWM?

Thanks.

Edited by Mousses

Guest rabaip

The softbuttons patch doesn't work for me. :(

What rom did u apply it to? It was based on the framework-res.apk file of cm7 april 20 nightly so it wont work on non-cm7 roms. I should have said that, sorry. If you want, I can make a patch for the cm7.1 stable.

Edited by rabaip

Guest adizz

What rom did u apply it to? It was based on the framework-res.apk file of cm7 april 20 nightly so it wont work on non-cm7 roms. I should have said that, sorry. If you want, I can make a patch for the cm7.1 stable.

Installed on the latest nightly. Probably didn't work as I've modified the framework a bit.

Guest targetbsp

I've had to remove all the CM7 downloads from my site until next month. Considering all that's left on it are some kernels and updated gapps you guys are burning through my bandwidth at an amazing rate lol.

Mirrors in the meantime:

Sej kernel: http://www.mediafire...dkiiylcihytagc9

Old kernel: http://www.mediafire...1zvtwwv8nd2vv5c

Gapps 'd' (latest google play and search): http://www.mediafire...m86n5sa94nu4pad

Edited by targetbsp

Guest ColdEmbrace

So I installed the latest CM nightly with the adreno libs and sej kernel update. everything booted fine and I installed titanium and started installing my backup apps. I ran out of space so installed Link2SD to move the apps over I had it setup before the wipe. L2SD wouldn't access my ext4 partition claiming it couldnt gain root access because I wasn't rooted. I am rooted Titanium worked. So I checked the play store and noticed that busybox needed to update. Trying to update left me with an error about insufficient space so i deleted a few large apps skype and an office app and that left me with about 60mb space. Still could not download busybox or any other app for that matter.

Currently restored backup of before the update. If anyone know what I am doing wrong please let me know.

It seems to me like the place the market downloads too is full but why and how do I fix it?

Guest targetbsp

When you have a small cache (which I assume you do?) the market uses data as temporary space for downloads. So you're kind of in a catch 22 situation if you're trying to download from the market to get around the fact you have no data space left.

Rebooting should clear the markets temp download folder if the problem is files in there using up space. You can also do it manually using a root file explorer but I'm not in a position to be able to check the location right now.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest ColdEmbrace

I deleted apps from data to make more space to see if that would help. I'm going to presume I have a small cache I think im using 160mb system because i tried an early ics alpha havent flashed in about 2months maybe i screwed something up.

Don't worry about it seems that it is all fixed now :) Re attempted the flash and all seems to be working.

Edited by ColdEmbrace

Guest kumel

hi, i recently purchased a zte blade and flashed it with CM7 RC1 of sej and have been experiencing heating issues at the upper back of the phone and battery drains very fast. i was using CM7.1 and had the same issue and also with the Orange stock rom the same issue, the upper back gets hot and battery drains very fast. is the phone faulty or every one experiences that issue.i hope iv not asked in the wrong forum, couldnt find it anywhere else..any help thanks

Guest Pondlife

If it does it regardless of rom this isn't the best place to ask.

But what constitutes very fast in this instance and what is being done on the phone at the time?

Guest sej7278

hi, i recently purchased a zte blade and flashed it with CM7 RC1 of sej and have been experiencing heating issues at the upper back of the phone and battery drains very fast. i was using CM7.1 and had the same issue and also with the Orange stock rom the same issue, the upper back gets hot and battery drains very fast. is the phone faulty or every one experiences that issue.i hope iv not asked in the wrong forum, couldnt find it anywhere else..any help thanks

if it happens in 7.1, 7.2 and stock, then you need to get your phone replaced.

Guest jackal-sk

Quick question, wtf is taking CM so long to release... anything ? Its been like half a year almost and they've released nothing, just got people to buy them new build servers and nothing happens in either CM7 or ICS sides Oo. And I'm a very patient person in such matter :L

Guest Last Boyscout

Quick question, wtf is taking CM so long to release... anything ? Its been like half a year almost and they've released nothing, just got people to buy them new build servers and nothing happens in either CM7 or ICS sides Oo. And I'm a very patient person in such matter :L

???

There are already enough patches for Gingerbread the last half year...

ICS its done when its done. First or second CM rule. Look at the github repository they make many things. And if you cant wait, ask your Telephon Provider for ICS for your Blade: Good Luck.....

Build server: Look here: https://plus.google....533781522/posts

Edited by Last Boyscout

Guest calculate

Hello,

I've got three blades (2 with 5mp cam and 1 with 3,2 mp cam).

Now, with the 5mp Blades I havn't no problem with actual

gen2 roms (targetsp, sej, cm 7 nightly ..), but for

3,2mp Blade (Orange San Francisco) the camera don't

work.

I tried it with the original camera app and with vignette, too.

The viewer shows only black and if I take a picture blind, the

app freezes.

First I think, the camera hardware is defect, but if I reinstall

the stock rom (gen1), there is no problem with camera apps.

Could it be, that actual roms (Gingerbread cm based) doesn't

support the 3,2mp cam or what else is the problem?

ciao. calculate

Guest marcodassi

160MB for system partition.

are you sure? I've installed the latest nightly (20/april) on a v7 gen2 (138 MB system, 315 MB data, 2 MB cache) and everything seems ok....

....btw I'm not using gapps

cheers

marco

PS i can't remember how to check free space... do you remember?

Edited by marcodassi

Guest MidaMilunk

138M system is enough. Mine is this size, no problem with full gapps, currently I am on SwedishSnow, but I change it often, the last one I have tried was targetbsp's unofficial build of 18th of April.

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest kjacek

or FreeSpace of OlegKrikun which is almost perfect (will be if type of partition <ext3, ext4, etc> will displayed ;-)).

IMHO df is the best choice for users familiar with unix syntax.

FreeSpace is good choice for users prefering comfort, graphical information.

Edited by kjacek

I'm using the latest Nightly from April 20th. Well, the latest fix for dhcp-something did the trick for my blade. My battery impressively improved. I get about 60 hours off of one charge. So please, freeze this state, declare it CM7.2 stable release and move on to CM9. ;)

Guest matcho13579

I'm using the latest Nightly from April 20th. Well, the latest fix for dhcp-something did the trick for my blade. My battery impressively improved. I get about 60 hours off of one charge. So please, freeze this state, declare it CM7.2 stable release and move on to CM9. ;)

pure Nightly without any addons like new Adreno libs?

Guest leripe

Guys, I'm with a problem, like I've tried various gapps.zip and all I download is corrupted, or I can not install the recovery mode, anyone have any solutions?

try different sd card and try downloading the gapps directly to your sd card. but i dont understand what you mean by "can not install the recovery mode"? do you have cwm installed? what are the sizes of your partitions?