[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
yeah, prob a 7.1 or a RC3 due any time soon
Err, no. I'm sure it has already been stated that there's just some compiling problems. All other devices are getting Nightlies, and changes are still being merged, which usually slows down before an RC

EDIT : Tell a lie, last build was 30. Perhaps an RC is en route, but there's still a lot of commits, so don't expect it for a while.

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin

Guest ppa123
I'm still getting the "reboot after using GPS" problem on N28, just FYI. Is there a known solution to it? Different kernel?

+1 Me too.

Didn't use GPS for a couple of days -> no shutdowns.

Used GPS twice yesterday and within 30mins of each use the phone had shutdown.

I ain't whining, cause didn't wipe when going from N26 (which had the same problem) to N28.

When do you guys think we get the next nightly.... , Edited by Shoulder angel must obey rule #1, must obey RULE #1, must OBEY RULE #1, MUST OBEY RULE #1

EDIT: Just had a shutdown after using Google goggles, which uses location by gps

Edited by ppa123

Guest jayhix
When do you guys think we get the next nightly.... , Edited by Shoulder angel must obey rule #1, must obey RULE #1, must OBEY RULE #1, MUST OBEY RULE #1

EDIT: Just had a shutdown after using Google goggles, which uses location by gps

lol

Edited by jayhix

Guest droweed

i just wish bladebot would be up and running again, but then again, im satisfied with n25, for me, the only problem with that is the menus kinda slow compared to froyo, and radio thats all :D other than that, perfect

Guest JimJam707
i just wish buildbot would be up and running again, but then again, im satisfied with n25, for me, the only problem with that is the menus kinda slow compared to froyo, and radio thats all :D other than that, perfect

Fixed.

Guest Colcut

Has anyone mentioned an issue where the screen will not come back on if you leave the phone alone for a while?

I'm having to restart because it just refuses to come on - even if I plug it in to charge.

Edited by Colcut

Guest hugobosslives

in short, yes

many times. read the old thread here

EDIT: sorry i sounded a bit harsh there. i'm just wanting a new nightly sooo bad now :D

Edited by hugobosslives

Guest heavyduty00

how long do you guys reckon a nice, stable version of CyanogenMod gingerbread will be released? A few weeks?

I've heard very mixed reviews so far..some say it is fantastic and stable apart from minor bugs etc, some say it isn't :D

Guest hugobosslives
I've heard very mixed reviews so far..some say it is fantastic and stable apart from minor bugs etc, some say it isn't :D

if you havn't tried it (as it sounds like you havn't.........)

TRY IT!

you can judge it yourself. yes there are bugs (hence nightlies). but i'm sure you'll be suprised by how good it is :D

Guest The Soup Thief
if you havn't tried it (as it sounds like you havn't.........)

TRY IT!

you can judge it yourself. yes there are bugs (hence nightlies). but i'm sure you'll be suprised by how good it is :D

IMHO it's at least as serviceable as any of the "stable" froyo roms I've used, with the sole exception that it lacks fm radio, but I can wait for that

It's been my daily driver since RC1 first appeared - in all that time I've had 2 screen freezes, difficulties early on with screen locks following calls (resolved many nightlies back), and some power drain issues (now also taken care of, provided that I turn off wifi when I'm not using it)

There's no good reason not to nandroid your current set up and give it a try

A few people seem to have problems with it for reasons they can't seem to get to the bottom of, but TBH, many don't

Have a go yourself!

Guest dibbles

I have a clean install (no upgrade) of build 28 and I have noticed that if I use the GPS and then switch the GPS off after I have finished with it then the phone seems to turn itself of after a while and reboot.

I do like this build as getting my fix of Angry Birds is silky smooth but it might be the issue that will force me back to a 2.2 ROM for a while as I need the GPS function without the rebooting phone.

I looked at the bug tracker and haven't noticed anything to suggest it has or is soon to be resolved..?

Guest Michealtbh
I have a clean install (no upgrade) of build 28 and I have noticed that if I use the GPS and then switch the GPS off after I have finished with it then the phone seems to turn itself of after a while and reboot.

I do like this build as getting my fix of Angry Birds is silky smooth but it might be the issue that will force me back to a 2.2 ROM for a while as I need the GPS function without the rebooting phone.

I looked at the bug tracker and haven't noticed anything to suggest it has or is soon to be resolved..?

This happens to everyone afaik, known issue. Doesnt really bother me as I only use GPS 2 or 3 times a week

Guest Bhavz

I just installed the 'CyanagenMod 7 Nightly 28' and I have a few problems. Before this, I had Froyo Alpha by Paul.

1. When the screen is on, all 3 of the bottom button lights are alight constantly (home, menu and 'back'). I was hoping that they would be off. Also, when I had an unread message, the 'back' light was 'green', but now it's just constantly green even though I have no texts.

2. I can't seem to find a task manager :S

3. I can't find Android Market

Hope someone can help me with these issues, thank you!

Guest hugobosslives
I just installed the 'CyanagenMod 7 Nightly 28' and I have a few problems. Before this, I had Froyo Alpha by Paul.

1. When the screen is on, all 3 of the bottom button lights are alight constantly (home, menu and 'back'). I was hoping that they would be off. Also, when I had an unread message, the 'back' light was 'green', but now it's just constantly green even though I have no texts.

hey mate, glad you have joined the cm7 community.

1) yer the green light is a known bug (though only effects some people no way to fix atm, though reflashing sometimes works)

2) task managers are not generally needed on android since 2.2. though many people keep on for killing those apps that ocasionally screw up. just download one from the market (i like watchdog as it monitors apps to check none are hogging cpu when they shouldn't be aswell as being a task killer, when needed)

3) did you install the google apps add on? (i.e did you flash two zips?) if not flash it

Guest kevbrm

Did you flash the google addons found on page below?

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-28-21-03-2011/

Edited by kevbrm

Guest apokatastasis

Reed the first post - google apps are distributed separately.

Guest Swiftes

I tried searching but had no luck, my widgets keep failing when I restart, showing the error message etc, all my launchers are in internal memory as are the widgets in question, any ideas?

Guest Bhavz

Thanks for such prompt replies guys. I am a noob so I completely forgot the Market is with Google apps, I shouldn't have rushed installing the ROM, can I just turn off, and flash zip from SD card using ClockwordMod? Thanks for the help about the green light guess I will just have to deal without it, and will install task manager once I have market installed.

Guest Bhavz

Ok thanks mate. Yeah I love it, gonna have to install all my apps again as i thought i saved them on my SD card but now can't find them! But i love the style, and it's much smoother than the froyo alpha 4 i was on before.

Guest FelixL
I tried searching but had no luck, my widgets keep failing when I restart, showing the error message etc, all my launchers are in internal memory as are the widgets in question, any ideas?

Did you wipe and restore your apps with Titanium? Widgets can not be restored! Try to add a new widget and tell us if that works.

Guest jayhix

is your launcher installed to sd card?

Guest hugobosslives

yer just had the same reaction: YAY FINALLY N31!!!!!!!!!

but then download not starting.....

its probs just a bit overloaded with everyone trying to download it

i'll try again in a bit

then hopefully..........:D