[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Roo13
but then download not starting.....

its probs just a bit overloaded with everyone trying to download it

i'll try again in a bit

then hopefully..........:D

Server will need the same as here after overload has passed..!

I think i'll be reasonable and i'll wait the usual nXX+1 few hours later before flashing

Guest agpoli
N31 is listed but not downloadable :-/

I've already downloaded it, uploading to mirrors is in progress.

I will post a link as soon as possible, please check the MD5 checksum after download!

Edit:

Here it is:

http://www.multiupload.com/VSQ6VQMEKL

md5sum: 911106b804f1a5b6f7e3ff2e9472adbe

Edited by agpoli

Guest Rotmann
can anyone compile the code source and put it here please ?! N28 is so boring i can"t play games with the accelerometer its broken

Accelerometer working perfect here in N28. Restart, if it does not work, copy the sensor libs from a 2.2 ROM.

Didn't use GPS for a couple of days -> no shutdowns.

Used GPS twice yesterday and within 30mins of each use the phone had shutdown.

I ain't whining, cause didn't wipe when going from N26 (which had the same problem) to N28.

I have a clean install (no upgrade) of build 28 and I have noticed that if I use the GPS and then switch the GPS off after I have finished with it then the phone seems to turn itself of after a while and reboot.

I do like this build as getting my fix of Angry Birds is silky smooth but it might be the issue that will force me back to a 2.2 ROM for a while as I need the GPS function without the rebooting phone.

I looked at the bug tracker and haven't noticed anything to suggest it has or is soon to be resolved..?

Stop switching the GPS off, it does not help you. GPS is off if there is no app using it, like maps, sports tracking app and so on.

I tried searching but had no luck, my widgets keep failing when I restart, showing the error message etc, all my launchers are in internal memory as are the widgets in question, any ideas?

It's an android thing, if you move apps to SD, the widgets will fail. Move them to phone and the widgets will work.

Guest ThrashMan
Automatic backlight doesnt seem to work in nightly 31. Sensor/Screen/Buttons levels always read -1 in CM settings

Works fine....that fault/glitch has happened randomly in nightlies for ages.

Go into normal settings and disable auto brightness, come out, back in and re-enable....then maybe reboot.....sacrifice a goat and....

Guest dibbles
Stop switching the GPS off, it does not help you. GPS is off if there is no app using it, like maps, sports tracking app and so on.

...and here is me thinking that I'm saving the battery.!

Guest skyhacker

I need a little help in two things

- How can I make sure my phone is sleeping or just with de screen off

and

- Is Simple2ext better then native app2sd ?? Why ??

Thx guys

Testing n31 in about 30 min

Guest wishmasterf

Could anyone summerize the current state of n31?

Is any of these bugs fixed yet?

GPS is a tad unreliable

USB Tethering and WiFi tethering.

Random Touchscreen Freezes

FM Radio may be out for a while

What about speed and battery drain?

Edited by wishmasterf

Guest jurrasstoil
With 31th phone still doesn't go into sleep mode with wifi turned on and sleep policy set to sleep when screen goes off.

can confirm this.

spareparts and advanced wifi settings are set correctly.

Guest jayhix

GPS is a tad unreliable

random touch screen freezes were out a long time ago for me.

i have issues with the phone freezing and rebooting when playing fruit ninja tho :D

Guest jijijoujou1

The Accelorometer take a little time to detect the mouvements , games Are unplayable , tested with many games (Speed3dx , NFS) , does anyone have the same problem please ?!

Guest Michealtbh
The Accelorometer take a little time to detect the mouvements , games Are unplayable , tested with many games (Speed3dx , NFS) , does anyone have the same problem please ?!

Fine for me

Guest frenchdroid

Yeah - thats one thing I noticed when playing SpeedX 3D and NFS Shift - a slight lag in the game picking up the movement I'm making. This is only on N25 though but sounds like its not fixed in N31. When I was on FLB G2 10b there was no lag like this when playing games so definitely think its an issue.

Any one else ?

Edited by frenchdroid

Guest sydeu

i'm still on n23 but yes i have that problem too and have read about others who have the same problem.

Guest Rotmann
...and here is me thinking that I'm saving the battery.!

can confirm this. spareparts and advanced wifi settings are set correctly.

The wifi hasn't been touched yet, Tom_G posted to his github some changes here. If it works well, we'll have it in a few nightlies. If some talented dev here could compile that, it would be trilliant,

I need a little help in two things

- How can I make sure my phone is sleeping or just with de screen off

and

- Is Simple2ext better then native app2sd ?? Why ??

Thx guys

Testing n31 in about 30 min

If the phone wakes with HOME, MENU or BACK, it does not sleep. This is normal when charging but should not happen if the phone has been for 10-30 seconds in stand-by. s2e uses a separate ext3 partition you have to make, apps2sd is the stock android way of toing things and moves apps to the fat32 card, no auxiliary partitions needed. I use fat32 with wbaw's partition mod, I have 80-90 apps and games and still lots of free space.

GPS is a tad unreliable

GPS is not reliable if you fumble with the settings. If you let it on as you should, it is very reliable. USB and WiFi tethering will work when we will have a functional 2.6.35 kernel. Random touchscreen freezes should be gone as some users related and FM radio may get solved by grand master tomm13b :D

No problems in N28 or N31, you probably restored some settings or system apps with titanium.

@PPL experiencing freezes or reboots, format /system, wipe and make a fresh install and don't restore anything with titanium, let google do it's over the air magic restore, you shouldn't encounter problems.

Guest frenchdroid
@PPL experiencing freezes or reboots, format /system, wipe and make a fresh install and don't restore anything with titanium, let google do it's over the air magic restore, you shouldn't encounter problems.

Thanks for all you advice Rotmann - wonder if you or anyone could help me with a question I had.

I just installed N25 on my daughters phone yesterday, without restoring any backup (she didn't have one). Her phone is the exact same build, etc as mine. We both reinstalled our apps by downloading them again.

I'm having zero problems except the accelerometer lag in games but her phone is acting really buggy in menus, with lots of freezes and random behaviour.

Any ideas why ? And do you have any tips on restoring data or do you recommend not restoring anything from backup ?? I thought it would be OK if the back up was made with CM7/Gingerbread 2.3.3.

Edited by frenchdroid

Guest jijijoujou1
The wifi hasn't been touched yet, Tom_G posted to his github some changes here. If it works well, we'll have it in a few nightlies. If some talented dev here could compile that, it would be trilliant,

If the phone wakes with HOME, MENU or BACK, it does not sleep. This is normal when charging but should not happen if the phone has been for 10-30 seconds in stand-by. s2e uses a separate ext3 partition you have to make, apps2sd is the stock android way of toing things and moves apps to the fat32 card, no auxiliary partitions needed. I use fat32 with wbaw's partition mod, I have 80-90 apps and games and still lots of free space.

GPS is not reliable if you fumble with the settings. If you let it on as you should, it is very reliable. USB and WiFi tethering will work when we will have a functional 2.6.35 kernel. Random touchscreen freezes should be gone as some users related and FM radio may get solved by grand master tomm13b :D

No problems in N28 or N31, you probably restored some settings or system apps with titanium.

No , I did i full wipe and i formatted system and data and cache partition ?!! then i didn't restored any app , i think we should report it to the bug tracker

Guest wishmasterf

As i understand only touch screen freezes is fixed in n31. So hope we will get that things working asap.

Whats about andorkos fmradio? Anyone tested? are the rds fixes are available in CM7?