[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest _amano

That's not interesting at all since CM7 (=Android 2.3.4) wasn't affected in the first place. Except for the Picasa problem which isn't fixed anyway.

Guest Michealtbh
Anyone having issues receiving MMS? I already reconfigured the AP and still gives, loosely translated, "mms download failed" error :P

Try changing apn type to default,supl,mms

Guest saturnreturn

Is it just me or have they done something to this forum to make it 10 times slower? Seems to be loads of ads/stats javascripts or something. Firefox 4 and Chromium both affected. Makes it unusable every time I click to load a page.

Guest Mushroom_Lord
Is it just me or have they done something to this forum to make it 10 times slower? Seems to be loads of ads/stats javascripts or something. Firefox 4 and Chromium both affected. Makes it unusable every time I click to load a page.

Same problem here! Slow and sometimes a request, if I want to stop some script.

What are you two on?

No - I joke :P

It doesn't seem slow to me - but then again living in the 'cunree I don't have fancy fibre optic stuff :rolleyes: And wouldn't really notice a difference.

(Unless in the mornin' youtube vids will not stream without jumping @ 360p :L )

Guest sm4tik

Just wondering if any of you are getting merket update notifications? I've had data on all the time since I installed N74, and occationally wifi too, but still haven't recieved any notifications telling me some of my apps have an update available.

Guest saturnreturn
It doesn't seem slow to me - but then again living in the 'cunree I don't have fancy fibre optic stuff :P And wouldn't really notice a difference.

trust me, you'd notice this - the browser hangs for like 20 seconds before a message comes up saying "do you want to stop the script s.skimresources.com", then it comes back to life.

Just wondering if any of you are getting merket update notifications? I've had data on all the time since I installed N74, and occationally wifi too, but still haven't recieved any notifications telling me some of my apps have an update available.

Maybe it's too obvious, but did you check in the market's settings that this was enabled?

Guest mullen666
trust me, you'd notice this - the browser hangs for like 20 seconds before a message comes up saying "do you want to stop the script s.skimresources.com", then it comes back to life.

ther is a noticable pause when loading each page.

problem with Java banner methinks

Guest Pondlife

Took a while to remember which nightly I was on but am on that one and have had update notifications.

Guest Fou-lu
Maybe it's too obvious, but did you check in the market's settings that this was enabled?

interesting, never considered it a problem but also never get market update notifications, only after downloading a app those the icon show on status bar, been like this since N25 for me, just checked market settings and it's on "notify me".

Guest finbaar
Took a while to remember which nightly I was on but am on that one and have had update notifications.

Me to - just had a prompt for Launcher Pro.

Guest k0zmic

Upgraded from N74 to N78. Just wiped Cache and Dalvik Cache and then flashed N78 + Gapps. All is working well, battery life is pretty good.

Guest supermies123

What is Dalvik cache?

And should battery be almost empty or full when wiping Battery status or does it matter?

Edited by supermies123

How about MMS, is anyone able to try if they can be received?

I can't receive them either.

Running logcat this error appears

E/RetrieveTransaction( 1235): java.lang.RuntimeException: Value length > LENGTH_QUOTE!

Guest mELIANTE
I can't receive them either.

Running logcat this error appears

E/RetrieveTransaction( 1235): java.lang.RuntimeException: Value length > LENGTH_QUOTE!

yeah, same here apparently. Using N74, right after http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,5286 was merged.

E/NotificationTransaction( 1018): java.lang.RuntimeException: Value length > LENGTH_QUOTE!

E/NotificationTransaction( 1018): at com.google.android.mms.pdu.PduParser.parseValueLength(PduParser.java:917)

E/NotificationTransaction( 1018): at com.google.android.mms.pdu.PduParser.parsePartHeaders(PduParser.java:1606)

E/NotificationTransaction( 1018): at com.google.android.mms.pdu.PduParser.parseParts(PduParser.java:780)

E/NotificationTransaction( 1018): at com.google.android.mms.pdu.PduParser.parse(PduParser.java:130)

E/NotificationTransaction( 1018): at com.android.mms.transaction.NotificationTransaction.run(NotificationTransaction.

ava:166)

E/NotificationTransaction( 1018): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1019)

E/NotificationTransaction( 1018): NotificationTransaction failed.

Guest k0zmic
What is Dalvik cache?

And should battery be almost empty or full when wiping Battery status or does it matter?

It's like the apps that are 'cached' so they load faster but it will be on your internal phone memory.

Full.