[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest k0zmic
how can i turn off led red light? This is not a big problem but is very annoying

I think it went away after a while for me.

Otherwise, the only way I know is reboot.

Guest DannyDanny
It's like the apps that are 'cached' so they load faster but it will be on your internal phone memory.

Full.

can I set it to NOT use dalvik cache?

Guest mon3em

upgrade from n n74 to n78 and i have problem with

- gallary loading for long time ( with a folder full of pics )+ hanging then the phone restart(3 times now)

- still wifi automatic off all the time.

- screen still sleep after phone end from the other side.

- slow motion when use zoom in cam (hanging)

Edited by mon3em

Guest k0zmic
can I set it to NOT use dalvik cache?

Nope, it's a fundamental Android thing. From another forum:

dalvik cache is a program cache area for the program dalvik. Dalvik is a java based virtual machine that is the bases for running your programs (the ones that have the .apk extension). In order to make access times faster (because there's not JIT (just in time) compiler installed by default), the dalvik-cache is the result of dalvik doing a optimization of the running program. Sounds confusing. It's similar to the prefetch files in Windows.

Guest Demi From Russia

Sorry for my English. I use a translator.

I have a problem with the bluetooth headset.

When an outgoing call I can not hear the source. Solved by rebooting.

When a call comes from the external speaker is crackling. Is also solved by rebooting.

Firmware - cm_blade_full-78

Thanks in advance for help

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Confirm, the proximity sensor doesn't work, worse thant before if I can say.

When you make a call, the screen doesn't turn off att all even the first time... Youf you apply my little trick from another post (move the phone to crouch...)then it's working again.

But before n79 (between n72 and 78) the sensor work the first time, not in n79.

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest Aab2011
why n79 was dated 05.20 on cm website if my phone shows 05.19? guess the screen stays on fix wasnt include in n79

What time zone are you in?

Guest targetbsp
A quick question: if I'm updating through nightlies without a full wipe, do I need to flash gapps too to upgrade them?

They haven't been updated in 2 months so it's not likely. :P

Guest ufoman
They haven't been updated in 2 months so it's not likely. :P

They have been updated on May 3rd, with the release of 2.3.4...

Edited by ufoman

Guest hecatae
They have been updated on May 3rd, with the release of 2.3.4...

I cant find that gapps version in rom-manager, latest I can see is 7th March 2011, running nightly 78

Guest Aab2011
I cant find that gapps version in rom-manager, latest I can see is 7th March 2011, running nightly 78

go to this page http://goo-inside.me/gapps/

The latest one is listed as march 7th there is a May release there, but looks to be for CM6.

I did see mention of the May gapps somewhere lost in the vastness of this thread too.

If you scroll to the notes on that page, it explains the issue with 2.3.4 gapps

Edited by Aab2011

Guest k0zmic
go to this page http://goo-inside.me/gapps/

The latest one is listed as march 7th there is a May release there, but looks to be for CM6.

I did see mention of the May gapps somewhere lost in the vastness of this thread too.

If you scroll to the notes on that page, it explains the issue with 2.3.4 gapps

It was pulled since it's not really that stable I think.

Guest zaf_4

i am using n78 for now and checked just for some time. I dont have any probs but i havent used it for long time. My question is n79 better or to stick with n78 for the time?

Guest plan3
i am using n78 for now and checked just for some time. I dont have any probs but i havent used it for long time. My question is n79 better or to stick with n78 for the time?

Stay on N78. Proximity doesnt work very vell on n79.

Guest Android.Fan

Hi,

I think I need to adjust partitions as CM ROM is expanding in size. My phone was Gen1 and Upgraded to Gen2 by using wbaw's TPT method. Now wbaw's new version (v5) is available with system partition size 160MB.

Can I apply this TPT on my Upgraded Gen2 or I have to go back to Gen1 first (using old Gen2 to Gen1 TPT) and then Upgrade to Gen2 using v5?

Those who have tested N79 - how stable is it :P

Rockstable, there are no freezes, hang ups, shut downs or restarts.

However Battery life is mediocre at best and Proximity Sensor doesn't work.

Guest dadashi

I'm using fixed 67 again, proximity sensor works, GPS doesn't reboot, battery is ok....

I tried 72, 74, 76, 78 Nightlies and they all have problems with proximity sensors, GPS.... and other things which were fixed before but are broken again in the 7x nightlies...

Guest Pondlife
Hi,

I think I need to adjust partitions as CM ROM is expanding in size. My phone was Gen1 and Upgraded to Gen2 by using wbaw's TPT method. Now wbaw's new version (v5) is available with system partition size 160MB.

Can I apply this TPT on my Upgraded Gen2 or I have to go back to Gen1 first (using old Gen2 to Gen1 TPT) and then Upgrade to Gen2 using v5?

You can just use the v5 tpt.