[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I think the issue gets people very excited - its very hard to watch the pr0ns without flash.

The permision feature is very interesting - gotta say the UI does not indicate very obviously where the permissions are disabled (strikethrough doesn't stand out very much).

Guest k0zmic
I think the issue gets people very excited - its very hard to watch the pr0ns without flash.

The permision feature is very interesting - gotta say the UI does not indicate very obviously where the permissions are disabled (strikethrough doesn't stand out very much).

Yeah, hopefully in future releases they make the strikeout red or something for disabled.

Guest iashok
Anyone been having good / better battery life with N83?

It seems the life is better with N83 :P

I'm charging now, will report.

Some other impressions:

1. I've never had a "hissing" bug. Maybe because my Blade is Gen.2 / Bulgarian Globul Z3 / so I've never put alternative libaudio.so

2. After N81 auto brightness is working OK, proximity bug will report later

3. The main problems are the WIFI disconnects. Maybe this is related to WIFI sleeping policy - don't work for me. If someone is interested I can post screenshots.

4. I've had only one GPS reboot

Guest drobson67

Running n80 and tried increasing battery life with the libaudio.so fix copied to /system/lib/ overwriting original file with root explorer, things seemed fine till a reboot then the blade was stuck with the green android startup screen, could only restore by rebooting into cwm and restoring a previous nandroid backup, thought Id share this with you incase of a possible bug.

Guest sej7278
Running n80 and tried increasing battery life with the libaudio.so fix copied to /system/lib/ overwriting original file with root explorer, things seemed fine till a reboot then the blade was stuck with the green android startup screen, could only restore by rebooting into cwm and restoring a previous nandroid backup, thought Id share this with you incase of a possible bug.

odd, maybe it was a permissions issue - it should be 644 (-rw-r--r--) although that shouldn't stop it booting i wouldn't have thought.

Guest sej7278
No, it's not. And wifi is quite unreliable. It shuts off an and on repeatedly.

is that just n83 - i can't see anything for ages in the changelog that would cause that.

Guest fonix232
actually years ago flash 3/4 could play on a 200mhz strongarm (arm v4), flash 7 worked on a 600mhz xscale (arm v5)

for flash 10 you officially need a 550mhz cortex a8 (arm v7) like in the iphone/droid, but i'm sure our 600mhz arm11 (also arm v7) would be fine.

specifically you don't need a dual core 1ghz snapdragon as adobe would have you believe!

whilst i could have a business use for flash, i don't really miss it - i don't game on my phone and i download from iplayer instead of streaming it. i certainly wouldn't buy a £500 smartphone for it and would prefer if everyone would just switch to html5.

First of all, the old Flash required a lot less computing power. Those times Flash used bitmaps instead of today's vectorgraphic parts (and all stupid devs are using them in a wrong way). Then, the ARM11 family IS NOT ARMv7!! It is still built upon ARMv6! The first family of ARMv7 was the Cortex-A8 (used in the Samsung Omnia HD first), while ARM11 still lives (many Nokia models like the 5800 and older S60v3 devices).

And, Flash 10.1 for full support needs ARMv7 instruction sets, that's why it won't work on ours. Although Zenithink released a Flash package for their ZT180 tablet series, what IS built for ARMv6, I have the package, still experimenting with it.

is that just n83 - i can't see anything for ages in the changelog that would cause that.

Unfortunately not. I got these Wi-Fi disconnects with all N8x. If I revert back to N79, Wi-Fi works fine. Yes, i did a full wipe and additionally a wipe of /system, but no avail.

Guest MidaMilunk

I have flashed N83 upon N78 with only cleaning D-cache. Works fine for the first view, but the proximity.

It works for the first time, but do not sitch the screen off again, if I remove the phone from my ear while still holding/using the line. I have only tested it once, it takes time to be sure.

Recent ROMs (up to N78) behave kinda opposite, they did not turn the screen back on after several on/off switching while keeping the line alive.

Guest chimas

Okay I dont mean to be a spoil sport, but until yesterday I was using gen1 nightly (the last one) and It was perfect in most ways. I got 2 days of life out of it no problem. So what happened. what were trying to fix that broke most of these thing??

And to be frank I'm a programmer and I understand just how hard of a job these guys are doing. And I do see a better performance in the the newly installed rom as to the on I was using before. Please no bad mouthing Me.

Guest dadashi
First of all, the old Flash required a lot less computing power. Those times Flash used bitmaps instead of today's vectorgraphic parts (and all stupid devs are using them in a wrong way). Then, the ARM11 family IS NOT ARMv7!! It is still built upon ARMv6! The first family of ARMv7 was the Cortex-A8 (used in the Samsung Omnia HD first), while ARM11 still lives (many Nokia models like the 5800 and older S60v3 devices).

And, Flash 10.1 for full support needs ARMv7 instruction sets, that's why it won't work on ours. Although Zenithink released a Flash package for their ZT180 tablet series, what IS built for ARMv6, I have the package, still experimenting with it.

thats encouraging, hope you get it working on SF....

Guest Fou-lu
Okay I dont mean to be a spoil sport, but until yesterday I was using gen1 nightly (the last one) and It was perfect in most ways. I got 2 days of life out of it no problem. So what happened. what were trying to fix that broke most of these thing??

And to be frank I'm a programmer and I understand just how hard of a job these guys are doing. And I do see a better performance in the the newly installed rom as to the on I was using before. Please no bad mouthing Me.

battery? it's improved since GEN1 versions, as long as you press vol +/- to stop the dialer hiss, 72- fixed is the best rom so far, no way any buggy GEN1 version is better than it .

Guest drobson67
odd, maybe it was a permissions issue - it should be 644 (-rw-r--r--) although that shouldn't stop it booting i wouldn't have thought.

Im not sure what is meant by "644 (-rw-r--r--) permissions", I just overwrote the exiting libaudio.so with the new one, I did however needed to change "mount r/w" rather than "mount as r/o" in order to overwrite, maybe I need to educate myself properly as it seems like my method that was at fault.

Thanks for your help.

Guest chimas
Im not sure what is meant by "644 (-rw-r--r--) permissions", I just overwrote the exiting libaudio.so with the new one, I did however needed to change "mount r/w" rather than "mount as r/o" in order to overwrite, maybe I need to educate myself properly as it seems like my method that was at fault.

Thanks for your help.

Lol, I just encountered the same problem as you after reading your post. So does this mean no better battery for us then?? BTW im using n81, is that the problem??

@fou-lu, Yes I mean battery. But you are right, as far as performance is concerned I see a great difference between the two. I can actually use luncher pro without wanting to break the phone. Keep up the work then.

Edited by chimas

Guest targetbsp

Thanks for your help.

You then need to hold your finger on the file and choose permissions and change it to rw r r

Look at the file you copied in and look at all the files around it. You'll see the one you copied in has different permissions. You need to change it to match the others.

Guest drobson67
You then need to hold your finger on the file and choose permissions and change it to rw r r

Look at the file you copied in and look at all the files around it. You'll see the one you copied in has different permissions. You need to change it to match the others.

Thanks for that I understand now, I didnt change file permissions first time around thats why I had problems, cheers..

Guest chimas

You my friend is a star. Thanks dude.

Edited by chimas

Guest targetbsp
For now the fixed N72 + the fixed libaudio.so + autobrightness off seems to be the most stable thing for everyday use. No apparent battery drain, all sensors working as they should and the accellerometer fixed.

Good idea. This does seem a good combo. I can see this set lasting me a while!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest timfimjim

Did a full wipe and installed n83, proximity working fine for me, accelerometer fine, battery life seems fine (so far.

..)

Pretty good!!

Guest jayhix

N72

It's the new N35. :P

404 on both mirrors :/

anyone got a link that works?

PS i just made the jump to gen 2 after getting bored with rc4..

Guest Fou-lu
N72

404 on both mirrors :/

anyone got a link that works?

PS i just made the jump to gen 2 after getting bored with rc4..

fonix's fixed N72? i can upload it if nobody else got a link.