[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

i only provided a couple of builds as we don't have an official build with the libaudio.so battery drain patch in it which i consider to be a massive bug that overrides anything else; as i was compiling for myself i thought i'd share.

once the buildbot's disk is fixed and n86 is out i doubt we'll need any more self-builds. i agree they're all getting a bit confusing, but any of them will fix libaudio.so bug as they're all past n85 now.

another good thing about the self-builds is that we spotted that part of the clockworkmod recovery (upgrade-binary) was broken and its now fixed thanks to our reports. without that n86 would be further delayed by 2-3 days. this is the beauty of an open system like android.

I am grateful for you stepping in as build-bot until official build-bot is up and running again,as I am just a noob and know nothing about building. :D

Guest Psyloid
i only provided a couple of builds as we don't have an official build with the libaudio.so battery drain patch in it which i consider to be a massive bug that overrides anything else; as i was compiling for myself i thought i'd share.

once the buildbot's disk is fixed and n86 is out i doubt we'll need any more self-builds. i agree they're all getting a bit confusing, but any of them will fix libaudio.so bug as they're all past n85 now.

another good thing about the self-builds is that we spotted that part of the clockworkmod recovery (upgrade-binary) was broken and its now fixed thanks to our reports. without that n86 would be further delayed by 2-3 days. this is the beauty of an open system like android.

I'm messing around with roms because i want to learn more about android and so that i can mod stuff to my liking if i need to, i as well decided on sharing them here because people were confused about integrating patches before an official build is released, looking foreward to see new nightly builds!!! :D

Guest Grain

Until there's a real CM7 stable release for the Blade, I would like to see someone maintaining a 'stable' build for end users actually. That should be pretty close to Cyanogen though.

The nightlies are intended (only) for people who want to test, who know what's broken and what is not, and who know how to report bugs in a proper way.

Guest targetbsp
Why is N86 getting delayed? or is it a new type of build coming?

As the last few pages have been discussing :D the build bots hard disk is knackered.

Guest Celtic67

Anyone else use Swype as their keyboard? If I switch my phone off (N84 + libaudio.so fix) or reboot, swyping doesn't work, though the keyboard still works for individual keypresses. I have to go through the process to generate a new licence. As Swype is beta, I'll report it there, but I'm fairly sure I didn't have this in JJ9 or SS5. Is it likely to be putting the licence file somewhere that gets wiped during boot?

Guest targetbsp
Anyone else use Swype as their keyboard? If I switch my phone off (N84 + libaudio.so fix) or reboot, swyping doesn't work, though the keyboard still works for individual keypresses. I have to go through the process to generate a new licence. As Swype is beta, I'll report it there, but I'm fairly sure I didn't have this in JJ9 or SS5. Is it likely to be putting the licence file somewhere that gets wiped during boot?

I use Swype on Cm7 without any problems. It's on your internal memory right? Keyboards don't work after reboot on the sd card.

Guest ValiantSaint

Hi everyone, I'm currently running CM7 N84, but I'm finding it a bit "laggy" (and my Blade keeps rebooting) Is it worth going to another version of the CM7 (modded?) or will I need to go back to SS? (I'm now running a GEN 2 phone BTW) And if I go to another ROM how do I reinstall all of my apps using Titanium Pro? Cheers again : )

Guest Celtic67
I use Swype on Cm7 without any problems. It's on your internal memory right? Keyboards don't work after reboot on the sd card.

Definitely not moved to SD. I've found this, which might be relevant, though it's working fine for you, which is odd.

Swype on Gingerbread

I don't get the same error in logcat, but I can just select the Android keyboard, then go back to Swype and it works.

Guest Taptap1

Is there a way do undervolt or overvolt (NOT underclock) an Android Phone ? - If you have freezes or restarts it's often NOT because it's too hot, it's because the CPU don't get enough power from the battery (put a to 800 mhz overclocked blade in the fridge :D and start a game).

And many themes aren't working properly with Theme Chooser do I have to flash them or flash them with the ROM?

Thanks

Guest tomasvilda

2011-06-01 build with last merge "Allow multiple shareable SD Cards by using getShareableVolumes() to get all the volumes that are shareable and allowing sharing/unsharing for all of them rather than just the hardcoded getExternalStorage calls."

http://skoda.stilius.net/files/update-cm-7...ed-20110601.zip

55ED31144B727447F10EA83097151E2E update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-signed-20110601.zip

Guest Ciels

^ Skype working in latest "build"? (earpiece)

And will we still have to apply libaudio for any issues?

Edited by Ciels

Guest Shadey1

I had similar issues on mine, it'd just stop working sometimes. Seems to be gone on n85

Guest howzcat
I had similar issues on mine, it'd just stop working sometimes. Seems to be gone on n85

swype working flawlessly for me since..ever :D (since nightly 60 something atleast..)

Guest Ficus

don't know if this was already posted.

i installed the CM N85 and i placed google maps on sd card (before even opening google maps even once). then, every time i tried to use google maps, the phone rebooted. so i put back on phone only the app. but the reboots still occurred. so i uninstalled the app, redownloaded from the market and this time of course i didn't move it on the sd card. so far, the phone hasn't rebooted ever.

Guest Bluedriver
2011-06-01 build with last merge "Allow multiple shareable SD Cards by using getShareableVolumes() to get all the volumes that are shareable and allowing sharing/unsharing for all of them rather than just the hardcoded getExternalStorage calls."

55ED31144B727447F10EA83097151E2E update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-signed-20110601.zip

thanks for the update! :D

Guest stephen m

likewise, thanks for the update :D

Guest Len Ash
It's via WiFi - only happens (seems to!) on this ROM. I had a similarly app bastardised N84 (only the libaudio replaced) and it was fine.

Maps won't install via the ROM (with the Permissions update, and the xml and jar files of course), but is fine from the Market. Everything else I add to the ROM is just fine.

I'll sleep on it.

This was solely down to me leaving Provision.apk in the ROM - it confilcts badly with SetupWizard.apk and causes mild mayhem and weird Market issues.

Guest whatcolour

Get ready for a perfect rom, guys!

Tom_G has just submitted a patch for the proximity sensor, together with another one for camera.

Guest whatcolour

Get ready for a perfect rom, guys!

Tom_G has just submitted a patch for the proximity sensor, together with another one for camera.

Guest howzcat
Default contrast value and vga video recording.

so...better cam? my x10 mini has 5mp but rocks in comparison to the blade (mine's a 5mp too).

don't really care about the cam though so i'm asking just out of curiosity lol