[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest hecatae
It's a bummer, nevertheless. But on the bright side, this nightly should essentially be exactly the same as hecataes self build from last night. There are no more entries added in the changelog since then.

only change I've seen this morning is for HTC ACE, so yeah should be identical to the KANG uploaded last night

Guest colin.bate

I have managed to switch off lock screen & cant find where to switch it back on.

Help please

Regards

Colin Bate

Edited by colin.bate

Guest LorianNod

Flashed it OK, and it has booted up.

Still had its usually reboot after GPS used for the first time.

Edited by LorianNod

Guest Len Ash
Flashed it OK, and it has booted up.

Still had its usually reboot after GPS used for the first time.

Seems little is actually fixed, so far, Blade wise. Been trying to use as a "real phone" for a few hours. WiFi still won't reconnect, Autobrightness is now toast, Camera still dark, bizarre screen behaviour in calls...

Guest mELIANTE
Seems little is actually fixed, so far, Blade wise. Been trying to use as a "real phone" for a few hours. WiFi still won't reconnect, Autobrightness is now toast, Camera still dark, bizarre screen behaviour in calls...

Did you wipe?

Guest targetbsp

Autobrightness and screen behaviour working perfect for me in last nights build - which should be the same as N88. I don't use the camera and don't let the rom manage my wifi reconnects so I can't comment on those.

Guest Len Ash
Autobrightness and screen behaviour working perfect for me in last nights build - which should be the same as N88. I don't use the camera and don't let the rom manage my wifi reconnects so I can't comment on those.

AB doesn't "stick" at one brightness for you? I'm referring to ROM AB, not via CMParts.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest ColdEmbrace
AB doesn't "stick" at one brightness for you? I'm referring to ROM AB, not via CMParts.

Mine gets stuck, depending on the light level when AB is turned on depends on the light level it sticks too

Guest Len Ash
Mine gets stuck, depending on the light level when AB is turned on depends on the light level it sticks too

Cheers for that - it is FUBAR indeed. Couple of friends confirmed too, not great.

Previous KANG worked OK, apart from getting stuck at higher brightness until next unlock.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest targetbsp
AB doesn't "stick" at one brightness for you?

Nope, just checked it in N88 too. It might be that you have to tick 'allow light decrease' in the CM 7 display settings or it stays on bright.

In call display also working as expected for me in N88.

Guest Len Ash
Nope, just checked it in N88 too. It might be that you have to tick 'allow light decrease' in the CM 7 display settings or it stays on bright.

In call display also working as expected for me in N88.

Ah - well spotted!

That works OK now. Still a bug, but workable.

[auto brightness]

That works OK now. Still a bug, but workable.

Let's say autobrightness works. It's neither ok nor working well. The ootb-system-settings for ab are still miles away from being perfect. But wi-fi reconnection is still a huge improvement, at least for me.

Edited by bhf

only change I've seen this morning is for HTC ACE, so yeah should be identical to the KANG uploaded last night

I was thinking this too.

So unless there are any major changes for the blade I will stick with hecatae's build,found no problems with it,very stable and usable.

Nice one hecatae :D

Guest targetbsp

Oh yeah, the defaults for AB are rubbish. :D Both the values and that option being unticked. But you can make it work well.

Pinch to zoom in gallery is still broken for anyone wondering. I didn't actually even know it could do that until people said it was broken so that doesn't massively affect me but... :D

For me, this is a solid rom.

My autobrightness is set and works to my tastes. Minimum indoors, maximum outdoors - nothing in between. :o

Tasker reconnects my wifi perfectly (I can appreciate how annoying it is for non tasker users if your wifi reconnection is rubbish because tasker didn't do the job for me under eclair or froyo so I was in the same boat back then)

Calls work as expected

I've not had any random crashes/lockups/reboots in weeks

The only thing left bothering me is the notification light jamming on if you react to the notification whilst the screen is off but phone is awake. And that's so easy to avoid (only wake the phone whilst the led is solid, not flashing) it's almost a non-problem.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest ColdEmbrace

What would you guys say are the best AB levels, frankly i find the default too sensative and don't really know what I need too be editing because there are settings in CM and standard settings, would someone please advise?

+1

My autobrightness is set and works to my tastes. Minimum indoors, maximum outdoors - nothing in between. :D

Please share them, o wise one :D

autobrightness is driving me crazy. Indoors I almost get blind, so bright is the display, but outdoors in sunlight the display is irrecognizable.

The only thing left bothering me is the notification light jamming on if you react to the notification whilst the screen is off but phone is awake. And that's so easy to avoid (only wake the phone whilst the led is solid, not flashing) it's almost a non-problem.

My notification flashes just a few seconds. I never get the chance to respond while flashing.

Guest Len Ash
Oh yeah, the defaults for AB are rubbish. :D Both the values and that option being unticked. But you can make it work well.

Pinch to zoom in gallery is still broken for anyone wondering. I didn't actually even know it could do that until people said it was broken so that doesn't massively affect me but... :D

My autobrightness is set and works to my tastes. Minimum indoors, maximum outdoors - nothing in between. :o

I modify framework-res in all ROMs I use/publish. CM7 has a very limited number of brightness levels/steps (5 actually). I increase this to 9, which is much smoother. However...

Although the AB levels are now more reactive using your suggestion, it is still way too instable/unpredictable to be fully usable/useful. To give a ROM to someone else, as I do, I cannot reasonably expect them to try and mess around with AB via CMParts... you can only imagine the hassle and mither I would create for myself.

So for now, for me, this is still very much WIP. Too many fudges required atm. No complaints, just state of the union.

Guest targetbsp
+1

Please share them, o wise one :D

autobrightness is driving me crazy. Indoors I almost get blind, so bright is the display, but outdoors in sunlight the display is irrecognizable.

I just have

0, 20, 255 Dark - button lights on, min brightness

1, 20, 0 - indoors, min brightness

5000, 255, 0 - outdoors, max brightness

The 5000 is just a value higher than my brightest indoor light. You may need a middling value below that to put a bit of brightness on for indoor lights due to personal preferences or perhaps TFT screens?

You can use the screen where you enter the values to set up your own values. It shows you the current brightness so just wander around finding light and picking brightnesses you want for that light value.

@LanceH - perhaps the fact that as above, I have so few values and they are so distinctly different is why I don't notice unpredictable behaviour!

Are the new libaudio 's included in this build?

Yes

Edited by targetbsp

Guest jurrasstoil

f*** autobrightness :D i found it quite annoying even on 2.2 where it worked.

Now i just use the new StatusBar Brightness control, works fine for my purposes. "ugh, bright outside" grab status bar, drag to the right -> max brightness.

PS: finally made switch from Gen1 N35 to Gen2 N88 today. Feels stable and good so far.

Edited by jurrasstoil