[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest MidaMilunk

Unfortunately N97 with KKs GPS fix, and N98 both reboots randomly ;) very sad... It seemed much better a week ago.

For a good while with N98 the temperature showed by setcpu widget looked good (like 29C) - I also played with GPS, went an hour trip trackill all along without problem, and loosing only 10-12 % of battery; but after my son played fruit slicer for an hour or so, the temperature raised to 51, and did not went back!! The device got cold back, but the showed temp was still 50! After this, the next GPS usage caused reboot immediately.

Guest Len Ash
I've used N98 with KK's GPS fix all day with no reboots, and that inlcluded a 2hour + session tracking me walking.

It's the very occasional random reboots that annoy me....

Guest ladiko
So? Of course you can click on home, you are already in the music-player. Yeah, you can circumvent the lockscreen, but calling this a security leak is a little far fetched, don't you think?

yes it is a security lack, as some of us use the lock screen that have a gesture, keyword or code to unlock. so if someone steal your phone and your sim card is protected by a pin, usually there is no way to use your sim card and maybe some phone data are secured, too. is it possible to copy anything from the phone data (expect SD card) if the phone is locked by anything mentioned?

Guest Pondlife

Doesn't the music player only show on lock screen when it's playing? Doesn't that make it rather less likely it'll be lost whilst it's on screen?

Guest _amano
Also I have revert the recent kernel changes of synaptics driver , for it might be the cause of sudden lose response with the touchscreen.

Where is that discussed? Nobody mentioned a regression within the correspondent bug.

Guest simonckenyon
maybe the reason of duplicate fm application : fm_radio.apk fm_zte.apk in the rom

I forgot to remove them before signing the rom. sorry for that~

fm is working fine with me in HK.

huh?

all i have is system/app/FM.apk in the above mentioned rom

Guest burstlam
Where is that discussed? Nobody mentioned a regression within the correspondent bug.

Hiapk forum - a chinese forum of Orange V880

I can't say there is any concrete reason but many of us (including me) experienced this issue with the new nightly kernel.

especially for some apps need heavy interactions with the touchscreen, like fruit ninja,

became non responsive suddenly for a pretty short period.

flash back the version before this change works fine again.

Edited by burstlam

Guest Grain
is it possible to copy anything from the phone data (expect SD card) if the phone is locked by anything mentioned?

Sure. Concerning phone data, you're basically screwed if you lose the Blade. The lockscreen or SIM pin doesn't help there as anybody can (in theory) use a) ClockworkMod backup, b) fastboot, c) a custom TPT, d) DFU to dump data from the phone, circumventing any other password measures.

Guest targetbsp
n98

2 mins on csipsimple test call, the area around the speaker got so hot it burned my ear... ;) troubling..

I just spent 4 hours playing Grand Prix Story with a CPU overclocked to 710mhz and the phone was merely warm.

Guest k0zmic
I just spent 4 hours playing Grand Prix Story with a CPU overclocked to 710mhz and the phone was merely warm.

You have too much time on your hands ;). Mind you, I found Game Dev Story addictive, very addictive.

Guest ladiko
Sure. Concerning phone data, you're basically screwed if you lose the Blade. The lockscreen or SIM pin doesn't help there as anybody can [...] dump data from the phone, [...]

at least the sim pin saves unexpected costs on the next bill. i don't think that the usual thefts are interested in common personal phone data, especially not in my ones. so i am fine with your answer, thanks.

Regarding FM: will there be a standard FM application in the the next stable version?

Edited by ladiko

Guest burstlam
FM radio works great with this build. I guess that you didn't add http://review.cyanogenmod.com/6054 since it wants to enable bluetooth for the radio.

Thank you for sharing your build...

not sure, I add this in set 1 already ,

but I merge them into stephanies' submit in order to get proper volume control with the FM app.

may be it is not recommend to merge them in this way like the libaudio change as Tomg told.

Guest burstlam
Hi, the builded fm app don't accept every frequency.

For example i can't select 96.6 but it jump from 96.5 to 96.7.

Can somebody check this?

u may setup with frequency jump with tweaks inside the menu