[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Amphoras
here is a completely spurious theory

it only reconnects if it doesn't have to renew the dhcp lease

nto sure how to test

I did notice that if I go out, when I come home it doesn't automatically connect again even though its set to remember the connection, so it could be that.

Guest wookie16081965
Ahem.

The song is most often associated with Michael Flanders and Donald Swann who also composed it. It is available on their LP At the Drop of a Hat.

The proper title of the song is Hippopotamus.

And I do not recall getting anything wrong, to be honest.

The 'FIX' I suggested is a good one.

Instead of using the back button or home button to end use of the GPS application, use the power button to access the reboot menu.

Usually I do this and slip the phone back into my pocket; it reboots in a minute and is immediately available again for calls etc.

Sure its a pain if you want to exit the app and use the phone for something else straight away, because the phone will inevitably shut down, but I think what you are forgetting is that this is not a final release of Cyanogen. It is a RC requiring further refinement and bugtesting.

i understand that its not a final release i was just asking if anyone knew if the gps was fixed and maybe someone else could maybe post a fix for it. I didnt expect to be thought of as stupid or ignorant and i am from uk but i thought this was a help forum where people helped you, not had a go at you as i said i use gps all time and my manager likes to phone me all the time so i cant afford install a rom if its going to switch off all the time.

Edited by wookie16081965

Guest wookie16081965
You are welcome.

Please post you results to that thread I noted, if possible. Even if you do not manage to get the required files then just submit that you too are experiencing the same GPS issues and I hope that it will add validity, as well as maybe raise the emphasis of the problem, and hopeful solution. The more information the devs have from different users I would hope can only help them in their work to help us :D

@wookie16081965 - so do I, well I use it enough to be bothered about the issue. However I thought that it was important to use the ROM and then submit the issue to the tracker so that the devs have a chance to fix it. It did not take me long to nandroid my previous ROM and then install RC3 (now RC4) to get the requested files for the devs so that they can hopefully find a fix.

I think that it is important to do this because if we don't then the problem either doesn't get reported or might not seem to effect (or is it affect?) that many users etc to warrant the devs time in providing a fix.

thanks i have posted back as i said i use gps alot and my manager likes to phone me alot i cant afford put rom on if it switches phone off i just thought there maybe a fix and someone could have pointed me in right direction im dying try this rom i dont care about radio just need reliable gps thankyou for your reply.

Guest mickey megabyte
Did anyone else notice some problems with the touchscreen? While playing Fruit Ninja (which runs smooth as hell on gb) I noticed that not every swipe was recognised (I missed some fruits :D )... Anyone else who can confirm this issue? Or is it a known problem?

me too!

at least one swipe per game is unrecognised here.

had this problem with rc3 and rc4

Guest rickywyatt

has anyone else have problems wifi Tethering were it cuts out as soon as the phone screen gose off the only way to keep the wifi Tether working is set stay wake?

Guest ppa123

I experienced big trouble with TapTapRevenge4. Every time i started to download some free songs, the songs loaded for a while and then the phone crashed and got into a bootloop until battery was pulled. I had logcat running (didn't save that though) and could see a lot of lines where it said that could not find dalvik-cache.... Did some thinking and it got to me that I had set dalvik-cache to sd-ext in S2E, moved it back to phone memory and the problems stopped.

Just sharing my experience if anybody else have similiar problems.

Is there anyone that has any theory on what was going wrong?

Edit: RC4 on my phone

Edited by ppa123

Guest SWOriginal
has anyone else have problems wifi Tethering were it cuts out as soon as the phone screen gose off the only way to keep the wifi Tether working is set stay wake?

yes! have the exact same issue

Guest ThrashMan
Maps destroys my battery at the minute even when not using it at all. I've had to remove them and battery use is now normal!

That's interesting as I thought Maps was my top battery user because I use Google Latitude.

Guest Frankish
That's interesting as I thought Maps was my top battery user because I use Google Latitude.

I've not touched latitude. I literally don't use maps i have them there "just in case" and it is constantly is top of my partial wake usage just lately. Was on an old nightly (23 i think?) and now on RC4 it's the same so i'm guessing it's Maps at fault.

Guest JayGB1982

Ive also noticed that the updated version of google maps uses a lot of battery, even if not opened.

Around 20% usage seems to be average so far for me....

Guest gwebb
Ive also noticed that the updated version of google maps uses a lot of battery, even if not opened.

Around 20% usage seems to be average so far for me....

I've never seen Maps use so much power before, Maps has taken 26% followed by 19% for Gallery. I can't have spent more than a couple of minutes playing with either. :D

Guest Xenon0816
Did anyone else notice some problems with the touchscreen? While playing Fruit Ninja (which runs smooth as hell on gb) I noticed that not every swipe was recognised (I missed some fruits :D )... Anyone else who can confirm this issue? Or is it a known problem?

Anyone who could raise an issue in the bugtracker? If there are more people with this problem it would probably be a good idea!

Guest Maringer

This is strange. I don't appear to have either the GPS shutdown problem or the Maps problem.

I'm using RC4 on my OLED SF. Why I should be OK but others aren't I'm not quite sure.

I didn't do a full wipe when installing RC4 (upgraded from N28, IIRC), I just wiped cache and dalvik cache. Perhaps this is why I don't appear to be encountering the same problems?

Guest mELIANTE
This is strange. I don't appear to have either the GPS shutdown problem or the Maps problem.

I'm using RC4 on my OLED SF. Why I should be OK but others aren't I'm not quite sure.

I didn't do a full wipe when installing RC4 (upgraded from N28, IIRC), I just wiped cache and dalvik cache. Perhaps this is why I don't appear to be encountering the same problems?

I used my GPS this afternoon and the phone is still going. I have an OLED too, but I did do a full wipe.

Guest Maringer

I wonder if differences between the OLED/TFT Blades could have some influence? Has anybody with an OLED Blade encountered the GPS problem?

For further disclosure, I've also applied the 128MB TPT to my SF.

Guest mELIANTE
I wonder if differences between the OLED/TFT Blades could have some influence? Has anybody with an OLED Blade encountered the GPS problem?

Oh yeah, I have that too.

Guest t.michel

Just tested Wifi on my home network, DHCP works fine, so it must be some isue at my company network.

Wifi was more reliable on N32 plus Wifi fix though. Reconnect after sleep does not work most of the time, sometimes even the wifi icon is missing until I disable and re-enable it.

Bluetooth does not reconnect to my car hands free set either, needs to be reconnected manually.

Battery life is also worse, just 1 1/2 days, while N32 was about 3 days.

Apart from that, great rom, everything else runs smoothly.

Guest frenchdroid

Quick question: anyone know if its normal for some apps to get installed automatically to my SD card with CM7. I'm on N32 and have unticked the CM setting to "allow application moving" and I have "internal" checked for install location.

Problem is, I am using Link2SD, which requires all apps to be installed to phone memory, and then allowing a link to SD to be created. When I am installing apps, some are going to SD card, which I then have to move before creating a link. Also, when updating some apps that are already in phone memory, they are then on the SD card after the update.

Any suggestions gratefully received for how to ensure that all apps are installed and updated to phone memory/internal.

Thanks in advance

Guest samjam

I have OLED, not aware of the GPS problem on mine. I have a TPT-type repartition as well.

I did have 1 shutdown a few release ago of unknown cause.

But I use GPS a few times today (with no USB cable) and no shutdown.

Guest Maringer
Should there be this google account sign in wizard at first boot? I didn't had it. What to do?

Erm, how about spending 1 minute reading the first post? This would give you the link to the Google apps which are not installed as part of CM.