[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest ropin

has anyone else noticed that the multitouch on the gingerbread keyboard doesnt work any more, this has happened to me. anyone know how to fix that.

btw does anyone know if theres an app or something to get the magnifier for text, sort of like the one for iphone, its also on htc sense

thanks

Guest campyr
This is strange. I don't appear to have either the GPS shutdown problem or the Maps problem.

I'm using RC4 on my OLED SF. Why I should be OK but others aren't I'm not quite sure.

I didn't do a full wipe when installing RC4 (upgraded from N28, IIRC), I just wiped cache and dalvik cache. Perhaps this is why I don't appear to be encountering the same problems?

i'm sure you have seen my previous posts yesterday about ambiguous battery drain (i felt like i was maybe banging on about it too much) BUT! anyway did a full charge to-day with maps deleted (not saying this is the cause) but have been doing light usage and the battery stats are basically 10 hours + 10% hell i can live with that . to get back to yesterdays usage F knows

Guest The Soup Thief

Just noticed, N33's been released

Downloading right now...

EDIT - now this is odd - rather than being cm_blade_33 or whatever, the nightly is actually called tdud_blade_full-33.zip and is "TehDuckUberDistro"

Am taking doubly great care to nandroid on this one just in case...

Will report back

Edited by The Soup Thief

Just noticed, N33's been released

Downloading right now...

happy flashing :D

tdud,dont sound good

think ill wait for someone else to flash

Edited by Guest

Guest The Soup Thief
TehDuckUberDistro 1. April right?

I wondered about the april fooliness, but it's after 12 noon, so that would be rather uncool, ne? Just nandroiding atm - will flash it and see

Hope it doesn't make my phone burst :D

Incidentally - anyone taken the time to look at this?

EDIT - and this

Not that funny...

Still backing up...

EDIT 2 - anyone been following this on #zteblade? I've not checked in today

EDIT 3 - the tweets about cyanogen giving up appeared a couple of days back - I'd assumed it bogus. An april fool's hoax? Actually, looky here plainly all a deeply nuanced april fool gag [/sarcasm]

I guess noon happens at different times in different time zones....

Edited by The Soup Thief

I wondered about the april fooliness, but it's after 12 noon, so that would be rather uncool, ne? Just nandroiding atm - will flash it and see

Hope it doesn't make my phone burst :D

Incidentally - anyone taken the time to look at this?

ha ha ha thats some trippy stuff there

cyanogen gone B)

instead of android logo we got a duck

this gotta be april fools joke right ?

Edited by Guest

Guest Amphoras

Few changes I've noticed so far:

Skateboarding duck instead of android.

Cyanogenmod settings is now TehDuckUberDistro settings

TehDuckUberDistro statistics opt in thingy

Guest The Soup Thief

Reposting this from my earlier edit, about 3 posts ago

ChrisSoyars Since @cyanogen quit Android, We're in the process of re-branding to TehDuckUberDistro!

It's true, TDRevolution has bought all rights to CM from me. I now own a new yacht. And a jet. Stacks of cash all around the house.

Also, they will be limiting access to the source code to special "partners" in order to prevent fragmentation. For your safety!!

Cyanogen -> Applesque evil-empire shocker B)

:D

Edited by The Soup Thief

if i google cyanogen i am led to cyanogen not tehduck

big april fools joke

I hope

edit: just refreshed page TEHDUCK :D

booting up with a duck on a skateboard kinda kills it for me(not that im not grateful for the rom itself)

Edited by Guest

Guest The Soup Thief

Hang on...

It seems to have a portable hotspot - I can't remember seeing that on CM RC4

Can anyone confirm it's not there on RC4

(course, it may not work on this N33, ain't checked yet)

FWIW, the boot logo (skateboarding duck) was a bit poxy - looks pretty hamfisted

Maybe it's a proper nightly (like, with new stuff, eg the wireless hotspot) just dressed up as a gag?

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest Amphoras
Hang on...

It seems to have a portable hotspot - I can't remember seeing that on CM RC4

Can anyone confirm it's not there on RC4

(course, it may not work on this N33, ain't checked yet)

FWIW, the boot logo (skateboarding duck) was a bit poxy - looks pretty hamfisted

Maybe it's a proper nightly (like, with new stuff, eg the wireless hotspot) just dressed up as a gag?

If you mean wifi tethering, I think that was in RC4 as well. Haven't tried it, so dunno whether it works or not.

Guest The Soup Thief

Just checked 1st post (like a good boy should, before posting). Tether was already in RC4. A number of changes are listed in the changelog though for n33 so I reckon it is a proper nightly build, just with a duck stuck on the front by way of a gag...

Guest chimas

Okay my head hurts from all the whining in this thread. Seriously can it be made a rule that;

1: No Whining.( Okay someone gets something wrong or ask a question already asked, be patient, redirect them to the right section)

2: Before you ask a question that you think others might have come in contact with, look at the first post (if it's fixed it should say so there). still in doubt do a search. I know it's easier to just ask but it wouldn't take much out of you.

3: And lastly please just state facts. I enjoy reading what about other peoples experiences. But if we start throwing jokes in with it this thread will be fill up quick.

I apologise for the off topic comment, But I thought this needed to be said.

Edited by chimas

Guest whatcolour

Next "proper" nightly with this particular commit is the one to look out for:

liboverlay: Update to CAFs latest and greatest (android_hardware_msm7k)

Just compiled one myself and menu scrolling seems much smoother! doubt it's placebo.

Guest riverskin
Okay my head hurts from all the whining in this thread. Seriously can it be made a rule that;

1: No Whining.( Okay someone gets something wrong or ask a question already asked, be patient, redirect them to the right section)

2: Before you ask a question that you think others might have come in contact with, look at the first post (if it's fixed it should say so there). still in doubt do a search. I know it's easier to just ask but it wouldn't take much out of you.

3: And lastly please just state facts. I enjoy reading what about other peoples experiences. But if we start throwing jokes in with it this thread will be fill up quick.

I apologise for the off topic comment, But I thought this needed to be said.

I do not know if it's because of my question... but I will reformulate.

Gingerbread come with INTERNET calls option, in the N32 i configure my SIP account with my VOIP service and works, but after that never works against, in the issue 2858 people say "sound will be put to phone speaker (bottom right hand side of phone) rather than ear piece speaker (above screen)" this happens to me when i install an SIP application that i forgot the name, i do not want an another SIP application. I want use an SIP account in native gingerbread, but after configure my account i do the call and nothing happens, no sound, no call, just say "unanswered".

This just happens to me? It's an bug or a problem in my configuration?

Guest pbando
I do not know if it's because of my question... but I will reformulate.

Gingerbread come with INTERNET calls option, in the N32 i configure my SIP account with my VOIP service and works, but after that never works against, in the issue 2858 people say "sound will be put to phone speaker (bottom right hand side of phone) rather than ear piece speaker (above screen)" this happens to me when i install an SIP application that i forgot the name, i do not want an another SIP application. I want use an SIP account in native gingerbread, but after configure my account i do the call and nothing happens, no sound, no call, just say "unanswered".

This just happens to me? It's an bug or a problem in my configuration?

yesterday I tried internat call and it was working for me with th inbuilt SIP client. Unfortunalty the sound still comes from the speaker phone like in case of skype...

Guest Roo13

Hi,

Just a quick feedback about RC4..

Since flash of CM7 n21:

- No battery stats wipe

- Only cache and dalvik cache wipes before each flash (about 8/10 until RC4)

- Autostarts used, especially Maps was disabled since n21 (important as it seems this app drains battery)

- Ondemand CPU Governor 'til n28 smartass after

- Had 1 or 2 freezes

Well, for the exact same daily use with RC4 autonomy has doubled:

20110402075739.th.png

Before, i would never expect to last that long...i rarely saw more than 12/15h on this screen.

So maybe maps has something to see with battery draining but RC4 brought major improvements in battery use...! i hope they'll keep this sobriety in next releases.

Autonomy is one thing, but everything else (wifi,gps,BT,..) is just working perfectly 'til now..we'll see after longer use

CM7 RC4 just rocks the house! Keep going, Google's Android staff should be jealous of your expertise!

ps: what is tdud_blade_full-33.zip..? A new nightly..? ok i've seen but is it working or is it a full joke...?

Edited by Roo13