[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest fonix232
yesterday I tried internat call and it was working for me with th inbuilt SIP client. Unfortunalty the sound still comes from the speaker phone like in case of skype...

It is a known problem, caused by a bad routing (SIP native stuff simply does sound output, and for that the default is the speaker, not the incall speaker).

Guest Oyorf

Just tried RC4 with full wipe. It seemed to be very good rom. About double my quantrant score comparing to SS ROM and angry birds worked very good. Only problem was that I had shut downs about every 30 mins. So I can not really use this rom. Hope that this shut down problem will be corrected some day.

This was maybe the gps shutdown? As I did not disable the gps, but I was not using it either.

Guest doubleluckstur

lol.. I like it how your all acting as if this is a 'new' rom haha... Theyve updated the buildbot to change the bootanimation and build properties. This is a real nightly, and has incorporated all the real changes of cyanogenmod.. so its just the buildbot and bootanimation theyve changed, because when I build from the latest sources it's still 'cyanogenmod' :D

Sorry to burst your bubbles B)

*edit holy **** I can't update my sources anymore........ perhaps they are limiting their sources... :|

Edited by doubleluckstur

Guest kokotron

I must admit i'm a bit disappointed because with RC4 I would still get random freezes that required battery removal (3 times in one and a half days - that's for sure an improvement over 3 times in every 3 hours since n28!) - Noone else is having freezing problems? (no body temperature jokes please xD)

EDIT: I notice Oyorf is having such problems as well. And I need to add that the GPS doesn't always work correctly.

Edited by kokotron

Guest birdibird

I almost never have random reboots or freezes. Maybe it is handy that with those problems we say which device we have.

Mine is Orange SF UK OLED @ N33

Edited by birdibird

Guest wookie16081965
I almost never have random reboots or freezes. Maybe it is handy that with those problems we say which device we have.

i think its intriguing that people with oled arnt getting the gps reboot from what ive read from last few posts

Guest hecatae
i think its intriguing that people with oled arnt getting the gps reboot from what ive read from last few posts

oled here with no gps reboot issue

Guest kokotron

I haven't actually connected my RC4 freezes with the GPS, but I have to say i have the TFT version (with 512 RAM, but originally locked to 256 by the Greek provider :S Unlocked permanently to 512 using a patch)

Guest wookie16081965
oled here with no gps reboot issue

If this is right and only tft models are doing this it needs flagging up as ive not put this on my phone yet as i need gps mines tft perhaps it maybe an easy fix crosses fingers

Guest forney27

Okay, I think my wife has figured the shutdown issue :D

If charging phone when its still awake...turn the phone off when charge is complete. Otherwise if you dont, the phone shuts down shortly after.

Once she has figured this out, she has had NO shutdowns.

Guest antzti

I installed RC4 but the problem is that I can't find Android Market...? I have Finnish Zte Blade (512MB, TFT).

Edit: The answer is Google apps? :D

Edited by antzti

Guest wookie16081965
I installed RC4 but the problem is that I can't find Android Market...? I have Finnish Zte Blade (512MB, TFT).

have you installed the google apps zip it is seperate from the rom

Guest wookie16081965
Yep.

sorry cant help you then i had problem with market couldnt log in had do factory reset then sign up using 3g after that it worked you could try that

Guest antzti
sorry cant help you then i had problem with market couldnt log in had do factory reset then sign up using 3g after that it worked you could try that
I skipped the google account part, so that was the problem. Thank u for everything.

Guest stephen m

My phone is also having random freezes - not seen this for a while. Mine is ZTE Blade OLED @ RC4. Any thoughts on N33?

Edited by stephen m

Guest doubleluckstur
My phone is also having random freezes - not seen this for a while. Mine is ZTE Blade OLED @ RC4. Any thoughts on N33?

my TFT has no touch screen freezes... but it does occasionally have gps issues.. I'll have to test that later. I'm using the latest cyanogenmod sources but nightly 33 should be ok too.

It seems like theyve just edited the lib camera so I'll have to see this change... I believe the FC when changing to SVGA has been fixed by removing the option

Guest Zythus

Got RC4, goin to flash N33 in a moment, but this ROM... this ROM right now...

it's UNBELIEVABLE how good this ROM right now is.

Unbelievable how it improved from N12 to N33 in actually everything.

Unbelievable.

Love you guys.

Edited by Zythus

Guest stephen m
Got RC4, goin to flash N33 in a moment, but this ROM... this ROM right now...

it's UNBELEVIABLE how good this ROM right now is.

Unbelievable how it improved from N12 to N33 in actually everything.

Unbelievable.

Love you guys.

So N33 is worth the move from RC4 then

Guest doubleluckstur
So N33 is worth the move from RC4 then

I would say no because if you check the changelog at the start of the topic then you'll see not alot has changed from RC4 to n33

Guest doubleluckstur
I installed it to find out and then the duck starts spinning and I thought - :D

B)

yeh and the scary thing is cyanogen said the sources would be limited....

.. and today Ive had LOADS of trouble getting hands on the sources.. it's only successfully synced once out of about 30 times :S

But even after that successful sync I confirm that nothing has changed... only the nightly buildbot has changed. The sources have not been touched

Edited by doubleluckstur