[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest dibbles
Yes, when I saw that duck out there spinning I was like :D, too B)

I just changed it to the std boot animation. I mean a duck.! ;)

Guest Nick Rhodes

Still getting maps issue in N33 (as with RC4).

Stopping my phone sleep OR idle.

Screen turn off animation is working again.

Guest frenchdroid
I must admit i'm a bit disappointed because with RC4 I would still get random freezes that required battery removal (3 times in one and a half days - that's for sure an improvement over 3 times in every 3 hours since n28!) - Noone else is having freezing problems? (no body temperature jokes please xD)

Everything about using these nightlies feels random to me, but I know they surely can't be random. Last night, I had my first freezes and reboots - its not a problem for me, just mentioning it because I have been on CM7 since N18, then to N25 and for a few days on N32 and I have never had any problem with any aspect of the phone (even battery charge). Just weird that the freezes happen now.

To be a bit more explanatory, last night my phone had 3 or 4 random freezes, followed by reboots before I got a chance to remove the battery. I had been using the wi-fi heavily, downloading and testing out some themes for ADW EX and some wallpapers. Played a couple of games, uninstalled some apps. I don't see why that should trigger freezes, as its all stuff I have been doing.

The only thing I can think of in my case is that when I load a new ROM, I don't go trying out a load of stuff to see what works. I just use the phone and set the o/c. The things I was using my phone for last night before the freezes were no different to what I have been doing. But maybe my overclock settings were too high for heavy multi-tasking. I was at 729 which didn't appear to cause any problems with the phone under normal use, but maybe with more sustained use last night, it caused the freeze and reboots ?? I've dropped it back to 691 for now. My build is B08.

Guest Michealtbh
Everything about using these nightlies feels random to me, but I know they surely can't be random. Last night, I had my first freezes and reboots - its not a problem for me, just mentioning it because I have been on CM7 since N18, then to N25 and for a few days on N32 and I have never had any problem with any aspect of the phone (even battery charge). Just weird that the freezes happen now.

To be a bit more explanatory, last night my phone had 3 or 4 random freezes, followed by reboots before I got a chance to remove the battery. I had been using the wi-fi heavily, downloading and testing out some themes for ADW EX and some wallpapers. Played a couple of games, uninstalled some apps. I don't see why that should trigger freezes, as its all stuff I have been doing.

The only thing I can think of in my case is that when I load a new ROM, I don't go trying out a load of stuff to see what works. I just use the phone and set the o/c. The things I was using my phone for last night before the freezes were no different to what I have been doing. But maybe my overclock settings were too high for heavy multi-tasking. I was at 729 which didn't appear to cause any problems with the phone under normal use, but maybe with more sustained use last night, it caused the freeze and reboots ?? I've dropped it back to 691 for now. My build is B08.

I was oc to 729mhz and would occasionally get reboots when playing cpu intensive games, havent had a problem @ 710mhz though

Guest Acathla-
Does anyone know if I'll lose my Google Chat conversations if I upgrade to N33? Any way to back them up? :D

You can set up so your chat messages get saved to Gmail.

In your Gmail setting: (Save chat history. - Your chats will be saved under "Chats" in your Gmail account and you can search for them later. You can always go "off the record")

I don't use Gtalk so can't confirm this actually works.

Guest JayGB1982

When I flashed RC4 I also used the updated gapps zip and I don't get any issues with Maps..

I left wifi on all night. Phone's uptime at present is 8h 48m and I still have 45% battery.

I honestly thought it would be dead when I got up today.

Big improvement over N28 which I was on before.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
I don't think it is fair to complain about reboots with oc.

Thank you, a tad of sense. I'll make this a tad more obvious.

I REALLY don't think it is fair to complain about reboots with an OC

Guest Tobriand

Out of interest, does anyone have any recommended values for the screen auto-brightness? The default ones seem to be almost perpetually too bright for me, and I imagine, shouldn't be helping battery life.

This is somewhat substantiated by the fact that when I use the phone - for browsing, playing relatively simple games, etc - the battery seems to fall like a stone (40% in an hour and a half). Yet when I use Google Listen for a similar amount of time, the drop is only circa 10% - which is a little surprising for me, since it needs both WiFi and the speaker, even if not the screen, and music playback isn't exactly free in terms of CPU...

Any help in working out what the values actually mean beyond being random numbers would be appreciated...

Guest hugobosslives
I was oc to 729mhz and would occasionally get reboots when playing cpu intensive games, havent had a problem @ 710mhz though

yer same here. 729 is fine for normal use. but with heavy gaming it causes reboots. whereas 710 doesn't. therefore i've dipped back to 710.

Out of interest, does anyone have any recommended values for the screen auto-brightness? The default ones seem to be almost perpetually too bright for me, and I imagine, shouldn't be helping battery life.

This is somewhat substantiated by the fact that when I use the phone - for browsing, playing relatively simple games, etc - the battery seems to fall like a stone (40% in an hour and a half). Yet when I use Google Listen for a similar amount of time, the drop is only circa 10% - which is a little surprising for me, since it needs both WiFi and the speaker, even if not the screen, and music playback isn't exactly free in terms of CPU...

Any help in working out what the values actually mean beyond being random numbers would be appreciated...

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1650422

Post 399, I think. T'is what I use

Guest JayGB1982

Victor that link re-directs to the forum home page.

I recall seeing a spreadsheet with some value's to use somewhere?

Maybe someone could point us to those values?

Guest gusthy
Thank you, a tad of sense. I'll make this a tad more obvious.

I REALLY don't think it is fair to complain about reboots with an OC

:D B) ;) :D

Guest Zythus

Just saw it - gapps do not work for me on N33. Wtf? ;o

Like, I tap on Android Market, there is white screen for 1-2 sec, and it disappears. I can do it over and over :D

Rebooting 2nd time right now.

Edited by Zythus

Guest Schwinni
Just saw it - gapps do not work for me on N33. Wtf? ;o

Like, I tap on Android Market, there is white screen for 1-2 sec, and it disappears. I can do it over and over :D

Rebooting 2nd time right now.

Are you using the "default" gapps package (gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip)?

Victor that link re-directs to the forum home page.

I recall seeing a spreadsheet with some value's to use somewhere?

Maybe someone could point us to those values?

My link was to the spreadsheet, cos I was the one who posted it. In other news, the linking to posts on this site is SO bad.

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=71188

That was it, I have mine slightly changed at the upper end, might help a tad.