[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest The Soup Thief
5 cm of snow and country grinds to hault :D

Bloody ridiculous wasn't it

Hard to believe it though on a lovely day like this - best we shut it though else the OT feds will be all over us B) ;)

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest Poodha
Yes it's been fixed ages (relatively speaking!) What apps are you having trouble with? Every single thing I put on the SD card works fine.

Every single one?

Some that doesn't work for me:

Barcode Scanner

Google starmaps

Pulse

Jorte(not using any widgets)

Perfect Viewer

And furthermore, all of these are listed as transferable in CM7(some apps that are listed as transferable in CM7 wasn't in Froyo). When I used froyo and there was an app you couldn't move to the SD-card, the "move to sd"-option was greyed out. That's not the case with CM7, I can press the button, but I get different error messages(usually that I don't have enough space on the card, even though I have 4GB left.

Edited by Poodha

Guest Frankish
Every single one?

Some that doesn't work for me:

Barcode Scanner

Google starmaps

Pulse

Jorte(not using any widgets)

Perfect Viewer

And furthermore, all of these are listed as transferable in CM7(some apps that are listed as transferable in CM7 wasn't in Froyo). When I used froyo and there was an app you could move to the SD-card, the "move to sd"-option was greyed out. That's not the case with CM7, I can press the button, but I get different error messages(usually that I don't have enough space on the card, even though I have 4GB left.

Me too but only on a small amount of apps. I'd say 2 out of 3 apps will move to sd.

Guest Poodha

Furthermore, Angry Birds isn't supposed to work from SD still? I can move it to the sd, but it wont work unless i run it from internal memory.

Guest Frankish
Furthermore, Angry Birds isn't supposed to work from SD still? I can move it to the sd, but it wont work unless i run it from internal memory.

Works from sd for me.

Guest targetbsp
Every single one?

All 20 apps I've ever tried to move have worked. And that includes some that don't support Apps2SD. I can't remember if I used the Root Enabler thing or if CM7 does that anyway? All versions of Angry Birds are fine. Have you tried uninstalling and downloading the app new? I had to do that with one of my games when it switched from broken to working.

Guest KACE_231

Installed n34, with launcherpro as well, and its it really smooth and fast between transitions.

However the settings menus for applications are suprisingly laggy.

The accelerometer is a real problem for me in this ROM, the doodle jump game was unplayable for me because the accelerometer was problematic. Anyone else having this problem?

Also WiFi enabled doesnt allow the phone to sleep

Edited by KACE_231

Guest targetbsp
Installed n34, with launcherpro as well, and its it really smooth and fast between transitions.

However the settings menus for applications are suprisingly laggy.

The accelerometer is a real problem for me in this ROM, the doodle jump game was unplayable for me because the accelerometer was problematic. Anyone else having this problem?

Also WiFi enabled doesnt allow the phone to sleep

The wifi preventing sleep was fixed in RC4? So you shouldn't have that one! Unless they broke it again?

Accelerometer is logged in the bug tracker in post 2. Laggy menu's is well known.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest KACE_231
The wifi preventing sleep was fixed in RC4? So you shouldn't have that one! Unless they broke it again?

Accelerometer is logged in the bug tracker in post 2. Laggy menu's is well known.

Is RC4 newer than n34?

and would also like to mention that WiFi connection seems alot faster with this ROM

any solution to the laggy menu?

Guest Shadow_2k
As for the GPS rebooting issue: I have an oled blade and it doesn't happen (so far) (Nightly 32)

Lucky You,

my TFT San Francisco still gets shutdown after using GPS on Nightly 34. It happens just like before, a few mins after switching off the screen. (formated SD-Card, fully wiped + cache wiped + dalvik wiped)

Edit: giving screen timeout set to 2 mins a go right now, as GPS seems to be on a lower time out.

Edit2: and it is off again

Edited by Shadow_2k

N34 still causes the phone reboot for me after using GPS, same as described many times in this thread. This has been consistent now since,at least, N21.

Mine's a TFT (originally B10). Does not matter whether i do complete wipe of eveything, or cache/davlik cache only on upgrade, the reboot happens everytime. Actually N34 does not even display the GPS icon anymore in the status bar, although it is working cause GPS Test does pick up the satellites. I can reproduce the reboot at will, every single time, under all circumstances even with no user apps loaded (except for GPS Test) and no gapps and never logging into google. It is the main problem stopping me from putting this on to my daily use SF cause I use GPS extensively (IGO and CoPilot).

Everything else, that i've checked so far, looks slick and LP runs really smooth on mine.

Edited by xzyk

Guest mvheuver
My GPS icon still stays on after i exit any gps programs. Even if i kill them with task killer. Have to reboot to remove.

I can confirm this issue on N34 (full wipe), although it doesn't happen 100% of the time.

Guest KACE_231
Nope. Which is why you shouldn't have the problem. :S

WiFi issue seems to work for me now, sorry..

any resolution towards the laggy menus?

My GPS icon still stays on after i exit any gps programs. Even if i kill them with task killer. Have to reboot to remove.

Never happened to me since RC1.

Guest mELIANTE

Mine does that to but goes away after some time. Maybe that is when TFTs shutdown?

Guest mvheuver
I can confirm this issue on N34 (full wipe), although it doesn't happen 100% of the time.

Actually, the GPS icon disappears again after a while, it just seems to hang there for a few minutes for no reason. On the positive side, the reboots and shutdowns after using GPS seem to have gone, although I am aware it is too soon to draw any conclusions yet. Anyone else getting the shutdowns on a clean N34?

Guest Shadow_2k

I can reproduce those GPS shutdowns on my phone running N34 (clean install). (This bug is presistent since one of the mid N20 nightlies)

Guest jayhix

works for me and has done since like build 15 or something

Guest Nick Rhodes

I've tried n35 today and WiFi is not turning off with the screen and preventing phone sleeping.