[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

I've tried n35 today and WiFi is not turning off with the screen and preventing phone sleeping.

Works for me with N34. Although WiFi isn't reconnecting properly. :D

Edited by bhf

Guest Maringer

As mentioned in an earlier post, I've not encountered the GPS shutdown problem on RC4. I didn't use GPS on earlier nightlies so can't comment on those, however.

Can people who have encountered the GPS shutdown problem state whether their phone is an OLED or TFT Blade? As previously stated, my OLED SF doesn't shutdown and others have said the same. On the other hand, does anybody with a TFT Blade not suffer from the GPS shutdown?

It would seem quite likely that hardware differences between the OLED and TFT Blades may be having an influence on this problem. Something for the devs to look into, perhaps?

Guest Totyasrác

OLED SanFran - on RC4:

- no GPS issue (tried with iGO)

- Sygic MobileMaps10 won't run :D

- allowing 3G networks draining battery like hell is still my biggest issue, have to use "2G only" settings if no charger is available for 14-15 hours :-o

- BT auto reconnect (with car kit) also not working... Can always attach manually but never automatically (as with any 2.1&2.2 ROMs before), opened issue I believe.

Edited by Totyasrác

Guest Poodha
Native a2sd is generally crap. Partition your sd card and use Dark Tremors a2sd or s2e

Do you know if JJ and FLB uses some kind of special a2sd? Cause they have worked very well for me, and I thought it was the native thing.

All 20 apps I've ever tried to move have worked. And that includes some that don't support Apps2SD. I can't remember if I used the Root Enabler thing or if CM7 does that anyway? All versions of Angry Birds are fine. Have you tried uninstalling and downloading the app new? I had to do that with one of my games when it switched from broken to working.

I restored all of the apps from mybackup root. Could explain it, although Im not that keen on installing all of them from scratch, especially Angry Bird where I'm almost done doing all stars. =)

Allthough the entire phone got a lot more sluggish after restoring everything. Maybe this ROM is better to start from the scratch with.

Guest Fou-lu

About dalvik cache and battery stats in advanced settings, are they important to wipe? since 2.1>2.2>N25>N33, never wiped them, so far no ill effects?

Guest samjam
As mentioned in an earlier post, I've not encountered the GPS shutdown problem on RC4. I didn't use GPS on earlier nightlies so can't comment on those, however.

Can people who have encountered the GPS shutdown problem state whether their phone is an OLED or TFT Blade? As previously stated, my OLED SF doesn't shutdown and others have said the same. On the other hand, does anybody with a TFT Blade not suffer from the GPS shutdown?

It would seem quite likely that hardware differences between the OLED and TFT Blades may be having an influence on this problem. Something for the devs to look into, perhaps?

Yesterday I was using google maps a lot while in a car.

1. The phone kept sleeping (maps doesn't stop phone from sleeping).

2. Once,when I had finished and press "back" instead of "home" the phone rebooted instantly.

I have OLED and RC4

Guest MrEasy
(...)

- BT auto reconnect (with car kit) also not working... Can always attach manually but never automatically (as with any 2.1&2.2 ROMs before), opened issue I believe.

Experiencing the same. Didn't find the issue, do you have a link?

Guest socialworker

Very good battery performance with N34 and 3g prohibited.

For the maps problem: I don't think it depends on the ROM, it's the map version.

I downgraded to Maps 5.2.0, no more auto-starting battery-draining bogus.

Get it here.

I use GPS a lot btw, was hiking for a good 20kms this saturday.

Never ever experienced the shutdown issue, lucky me.

Guest Totyasrác
Very good battery performance with N34 and 3g prohibited.

True, really - but I would use 3G if it wasn't eating up my battery sooooo fast :D

Guest targetbsp
Do you know if JJ and FLB uses some kind of special a2sd? Cause they have worked very well for me, and I thought it was the native thing.

I restored all of the apps from mybackup root. Could explain it, although Im not that keen on installing all of them from scratch, especially Angry Bird where I'm almost done doing all stars. =)

Allthough the entire phone got a lot more sluggish after restoring everything. Maybe this ROM is better to start from the scratch with.

That could be it. I use Titanium and have noted that all the apps that had the Apps2sd problem and have been backed up from CM7 cannot be installed into Froyo without being corrupted. I think there is still an issue here with regards to backing up the apps.

Guest Grishula

On N34 i have Bluetooth bug when using headset when the screen is of the phone goes to sleep and cant activate any command by the batons on the Bluetooth headset (play,call) :D

- allowing 3G networks draining battery like hell is still my biggest issue, have to use "2G only" settings if no charger is available for 14-15 hours :-o

I don't think it's 3G networks as such, but 3G data that drains the battery. I don't switch to "2G only", but I turn off data and get an excellent battery life with 3G still allowed for voice.

Guest mscosta

in the n35 it seems that the GPS bug is resolved.

at least, turned off the GPS for about 30 minutes and the Blade still not gone off

Guest forney27
have n34 on a tft phone

i have started to get random shutdowns while asleep

gps not used

this is new for me with n34

After you charge your phone, try a reboot and see if this clears up your shutdown issues.

Guest wookie16081965

at least, turned off the GPS for about 30 minutes and the Blade still not gone off

is your phone tft or oled

Guest bladerunner81

Tried it, mine shut down after a couple of minutes (TFT), but not before I woke up the phone from sleep to the lockscreen (n35).

Guest gedeye1

Anyone tried Quadrant benchmark...i find it strange how from jj9 my score is 550 but with cm7 it more than doubles 1260 but the graphics don't show yes maybe clocked to high can cause this but even underclocked same thing only the genetic with white background plays in graphics test and that's with few different installs of cm7....anyone explain.